New Features and Coming Soon
Thank you for your wonderful support and feedback to help improve Portal. We have incorporated your feedback in many of the new features recently released in the latest firmware and app updates. And many more features are in the pipeline to be released in the coming weeks.
Here is a summary of the latest new and “coming soon” features:
Newest Features (available now)
- PPPoE support during setup.
- WAN static IP configuration.
- Bridge Mode configuration in iOS and Android app.
- Advanced Compatibility Mode
- Guest Network with static credentials
- Improvements to 2.4GHz performance
- Fixed iOS password setup bug
“Coming Soon” week of 11/7
- DHCP reservation (LAN static IP configuration)
- allow Port Range selection in Port Forwarding
- Dynamic DNS (DDNS)
- UPnP support
- MAC address filtering (wireless and LAN)
- View attached devices
“Coming Soon” week of 11/21
- Advanced Mesh with dynamic auto-routing
- Multiple Portal management support in iOS and Android app
- Guest Network with dynamic rolling code credentials
- Port Triggering
- DLNA server and client
- Japanese translation (iOS and Android app, and WebUI)
“Coming Soon” week of 12/5
- VPN Client
- IPv6 support
For additional information and up-to-minute feature release timeline, please visit our support site: https://support.portalwifi.com/hc/en-us/articles/229985987-Portal-Features-Timeline.
Many more features in the works.
Our goal is to deliver you an amazing experience with Portal, and we are working hard to develop many more new features; some so cool that we have to keep them under wraps for now. It takes alot of very detailed engineering work and rigorous testing before a feature meets our demanding standard for release, and this takes time. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please keep sending us your feedback.
the Portal team.