Lord British returns to his fantasy RPG roots with Shroud of the Avatar, hearkening back to his innovative early work. Read more
This project was successfully funded on April 7, 2013.
Release 2 Access Extended an Extra Day
Thanks to all of you for the great feedback we've received on Release 2 since it launched Thursday morning. Based on that feedback, we've released 3 new versions during the weekend, and are now up to version 60. Outlined below are the Release 2 Patch Notes describing the various bug fixes and feature enhancements across all the platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux).
As a special thank you to all our backers, we're extending the Early Access period for an extra day! So, if you haven't had a chance to play yet, please log in, patch to the latest version 60, and let us know what you think.
Hurry and join us in playing Shroud of the Avatar while Release 2 access is open! Release 2 is available to all backers at the First Responder pledge tier (or above). If you have not backed the game yet, you will need to register and login on www.shroudoftheavatar.com, select the “Pledge” button in the right side-bar, and purchase a pledge at the Adventurer level or above.
- Several fixes were implemented to reduce memory usage.
- This should help reduce random crashes and make the game playable for people on 32bit operating systems.
- NPCs will bark less often so that they are less spammy.
- Some NPC conversation text updates.
- op right icon that brought up a bug submission form will now redirect to the Release 2 bug forums instead.
- Admin and whisper messages should now pop up your chat window when received if it was not visible already.
- You should no longer see a naked male avatar briefly after making a new character.
- Added option to invert mouse look
- Added a sheen to items placed on the crafting table to make them easier to see.
- Fixed missing textures in Kingsport waterfront castle
- Improve right-click rotate camera controls. Should be more consistent and fix players for whom it was too slow.
- Fixes for a few exceptions that were occurring.
- Fix for inventory icons being offset incorrectly at high window resolutions.
- Fix for inventory icons not fading properly on bag close
- Fix for an inventory list visual glitch.
- Fixes for some plot loading issues.
Remember, You Will Need to Register on the SotA Website and Link Your Kickstarter Account to Play Release 2
Stay on top of all the latest game development news by registering on our website, https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com. And if you have not already done so, please be sure to Link your Kickstarter Account, so we can ensure that you receive all of your backer rewards as soon as they are ready to roll out!