Shroud of the Avatar Release 2 Instructions
Thank you to our loyal backers of Shroud of the Avatar. Release 2 access for all backers at First Responder / Adventurer level and above begins this Thursday, January 23, at 10:30 AM Central Time. Release 2 access will end on Saturday, January 25, at 10:00 PM Central Time. Starting today you can begin installing and patching (see instructions below), but login will not be enabled until Thursday morning.
We are happy to say that not only are we are going to deliver just about every single Release 2 item (except for Shopping), but that we also were able to put in some extras. Here are those deliverables again, along with some extra notes and the bonus deliverables in italics.
RELEASE 2: January 23 - January 25 2014
- Crafting: We will be opening up crafting for testing with more than 100 recipes. Chests full of crafting resources will be provided. Crafting will initially focus on refining and production for smithing, tailoring, and carpentry.
- Shopping: Shopkeepers will be open for business for selling and buying.
- Town 2: An additional municipality (likely village sized) will be open for business! Entering the swirling blue portal in the ring of stones will take you from one town to the other. We chose Kingsport for Town 2.
- List Inventory: For those who prefer spreadsheets to immersion. The inventory battle royale continues! Setting this option will change all containers into lists except for crafting tables (coming in R3).
- Character Customization++: Characters from R1 will be wiped, but you will now have even more options when creating your character! Now there are even more ways to look unique, including: facial features, scaling, and more content (hairstyles, head shapes, skin tones, hair colors, etc.) We were also able to include helmets and offhand items (torch and shield).
- Jumping: Tired of not being able to jump that fence? Well tire no more as we now have jumping. And not just any old jumping but player controlled height jumping. A quick tap on the spacebar barely lifts the player but holding down the spacebar allows the player to clear those pesky walls with a high jump. Long term jumping will use focus and will likely be affected by weight carried.
- Run Speed: Many of you commented on the slow run speed so we increased it by 50%, which feels much more satisfying. We will continue to tune this and balance it with an upcoming Dash skill that uses Focus as well as the Sprint buff in the Light Armor School of combat.
- Mac & Linux: OSX and Linux support is now working (with a few caveats). The game currently requires a two button mouse and while a trackpad technically works we are not fully supporting it yet. For Linux, Unity only officially supports Ubuntu so if you are running other versions it may not work.
- Recipe Log: We had originally planned to put crafting in R2 without a recipe log but quickly discovered how amazingly not fun that was. Discovery is great but not having any record of that discovery is just punishing. So we got in a recipe book that will track your recipes.
So now that it is clear what you can expect we should also be as clear about what you should not expect:
- Configurable Controls: We completely understand the myriad reasons why players desire the ability to play the game with different control schemes and we are working on providing that functionality, but it will not be ready until Release 3 at the earliest.
- Shopping: We originally planned to have the beginnings of the NPC section of the economy including currency (gold) and NPC shopkeepers. An unfortunate side effect of adding Jumping in was that it took away time from these systems which have caused us to push them out until Release 3.
- Crafting: The crafting system is in the game as a framework, but is still missing some key components like resource gathering, repair, and enhancement. We are also not doing any skill checks yet, so results are always 100% successful. Long term, the percentage chance to make items will depend on a myriad of variables and can result in a variety of results including: making the item desired, making a simpler version of the item that will need to be enhanced, or making a damaged version of the item that needs repair.
- Performance: We have only done rudimentary optimizations and we do not yet have a full suite of fallbacks (LODs, etc.). This means the game will be quite slow on older machines, and due to memory usage might be unstable in certain conditions (like densely decorated areas). With each release we will be doing further optimizations and adding to our fallbacks to improve performance.
- Game Loop: Even though we have clearly stated that there will not be a complete game loop (adventure, loot, spend, craft, quest, etc.) until Release 4 there is still some expectation of those activities. For R2 there is just character creation / customization, NPC conversation, home decoration and the beginnings of crafting.
- Advanced Player Housing: There are some advanced features for player housing including waterfront properties, basements, home exterior decorations, and ceiling decorations that are not yet integrated. Expect to see these appear in future releases with the goal that by Release 4 they should all be present. While waterfront housing is not working yet, we wanted you to still be able to view the three waterfront houses we created so you will find them in Kingsport as static buildings that you can visit.
Below my signature you will find instructions and known issues. Thank you again for your continued support. This is truly the most amazing community we have ever worked with and we are proud to be on this journey with you.
RELEASE 2 INSTRUCTIONS
- Download and run the PC SotAInstaller.exe here: http://goo.gl/KVYzpF
- If you still have the R1 install then all you need to do is patch, no need to re-install.
- Links to the Mac & Linux downloads will be available the morning of 01/23/14 (check here for download link availability)
- We recommend having at least 4GB of free disk space on the drive you install to, though the game will only download about 850 MB of data.
- Either allow the installer to auto-run on complete, or run either the desktop shortcut named “Shroud of the Avatar” or the “Launcher.exe” located in your installed Portalarium directory.
- Once the launcher is finished, the game will start.
- (optional) Leaving the launcher running will help us and others by providing some of your bandwidth to assist others in downloading the client.
- Enter your www.shroudoftheavatar.com registered login information – If you are a Kickstarter backer and have not yet linked your kickstarter pledge to your account, you will not be able to gain access (instructions for linking your Kickstarter account). If you have not backed the game yet, you will need to register and login on www.shroudoftheavatar.com, select the “Pledge” button in the right side-bar, and purchase a pledge at the $45 Adventurer level or above.
- Choose your play mode – Currently, the only valid option is Single Player Online.
- Click Enter Game to enter Avatar creation, and begin playing.
1. ‘W-A-S-D’ keys control Avatar movement
2. Double tap ‘W’ key to engage in auto-ru
3. Holding both left and right mouse buttons will move the Avatar forward
4. Pressing the ‘SPACEBAR’ key will cause your Avatar to jump, the longer you hold down the ‘SPACEBAR’ the higher the Avatar will jump
5. Mouse movement + holding right click controls the camera view
6. The top right menu contains icons that can be left-clicked to perform the following actions-
- Crossed swords & shield: Access Avatar character information
- Bag: Open up inventory
- Gears: Options menu
- Question Mark: Bring up help page
- Sealed Letter: File a bug report
7. Avatar character management-
- ‘C’ key or left-clicking the crossed swords & shield icon in the top right menu will bring up your Avatar’s character information
- ‘B’ key or left-clicking the bag icon in the top right menu will toggle open/close your inventory bags
* To switch between inventory modes, open up the options menu (left click the gears icon in the top-right corner menu bar) and click the game tab, than the ‘Use List Inventory Mode’ check box.
- ‘R’ key opens the recipe log ‘ESC’ key exits all open interfaces
8. Objects in the world that highlight the cursor when hovered over can either be interacted with by double left-clicking or picked up by left click + dragging the mouse. Some examples of interactions:
- Doors can be opened through interaction
- Chests can be opened and looted through interaction
- Light sources can be toggled on/off through interaction
9. Decorative items, crafting components, and equipment can be moved via holding left click+dragging items to their new desired location and releasing the left mouse button.
- To wear equipment, open the Avatar information screen (‘C’ key) and drag equipment onto the display avatar or corresponding highlighted equipment slot and release the left mouse button.
- To decorate, make sure the avatar is within a housing lot (denoted by a runic sign post) then left click+drag objects from the Avatar’s inventory into the world then release the left mouse button when the object is green to place it in the world. A red object will not be placeable.
- The ‘Q’ and ‘E’ keys will rotate the object. Holding the ‘LSHIFT’ key while using ‘Q’ and ‘E’ to rotate will slow down the rotation for precision placement
- To remove decorations, left click+drag an item from within the world back into the Avatar’s inventory.
- To craft an item, first double click the crafting table that corresponds to the item you wish to make. Once the crafting table is in use, drag each component and tool you want to attempt to craft with onto the crafting table from your inventory. Once all of the necessary components are placed on the table the “craft” button will highlight and an item will be created once it is clicked.
* Iron Longsword example crafting recipe:
- Iron Longsword (Blacksmith) – 1 Smithing Hammer, 1 Chunk of Coal, 1
- Iron Longsword Blade, 1
- Iron Hilt Iron Hilt (Blacksmith) – 1 Smithing Hammer, 1 Chunk of Coal, 2 Iron Ingots
- Iron Longsword Blade (Smelting) – 1 Smelting Tongs, 1 Blade Mold, 3 Iron Bars
- Iron Bar (Smelting) – 1 Smelting Tongs, 1 Bar Mold, 1 Chunk of Coal, 4
- Iron Ore Iron Ingot (Smelting) – 1 Smelting Tongs, 1 Ingot Mold, 1 Chunk of Coal, 1 Iron Ore
* Chair Decoration example crafting recipe:
- Chair (Carpentry) – 1 Carpentry Hammer, 2 Wooden Board, 1 Wooden Pole
- Wooden Poles (Milling) – 1 Wood Rasp, 1
- Wooden Board Wooden Board (Milling) – 1 Cubit Measure, 1 Wood Log
10. To converse with NPCs, simply stand near the NPC you wish to converse with, and hit the ‘ENTER’ key to bring up your chat log. Type what you wish to say to the npc within the chat box, and hit ‘ENTER’ again to send the text, which also exits text entry mode (as is standard in current MMOs).
- The chat log can be scrolled through by left click+dragging the slider on the right side of the chat window
- In the Options menu you can disable the requirement to hit Enter before each text entry (as it was in R1)
11. To report a bug, either left-click the sealed letter icon in the top-right menu or open up your chat log (‘ENTER’ key) and type in /bug followed by your bug report and the ‘ENTER’ key. This will copy your bug report and game information to the clipboard and bring up the SotA bug forum where you can paste the clipboard into a post for us to receive. Before posting in the forums please follow these guidelines: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IgbhfeXt8mTLZaY7cXGf3m-Pf-3BodoRK1-sVuHlHr8/edit
12. The ‘F11’ key will take a screenshot of the game and save it to your installed SotA directory
13. To find out the current position of the Avatar in game open up the chat log (‘ENTER’ key) and type in ‘/loc’ followed by the ‘ENTER’ key. This also copies out the location to your clipboard so that it can be pasted elsewhere as needed.
14. You can click the green triangular gems in the corner of the chat window and the top right button panel to lock or unlock the auto-hiding of those UI elements. To move or re-size the chat window, left-click + drag the window borders as desired (left border to move the window and right border to resize).
15. The ‘F4’ key or left-clicking the options menu “Quit” tab will exit the game.
RELEASE 2 KNOWN ISSUES
1. LODs (level of detail) objects are still being implemented so players may occasionally experience objects visually ‘popping’ out of existence or between visual states.
2. Camera will occasionally clip through walls when near them.
3. When using a multiple monitor setup there may be issues with the default window placement in windowed mode.
4. Quitting the game will remove the player Avatar before fully quitting, this should be fixed in a future release.
5. Logging into the game takes a little while to load in characters and geometry, there will be some visual popping and general framerate issues for a short duration after logging in.
6. Some facial hair options do not look correct with some head shape options
1. Combat is turned off – will be enabled in Release 4.
2. Changing the house on a lot will clear out and delete currently placed decorations, there is a warning that will ask before clearing.
3. The maps will reset upon entering/leaving (either through quitting or returning to login).
4. Most hand sized items should be able to be picked up by the Avatar with a few exceptions: by design stacks/bundles of items (book stacks, vegetable/fruit boxes, etc) will not be lootable and as a bug certain items that already have interactions (light sources, etc) will not be lootable at this time.
5. Some doors are only opened by using a switch (sometimes hidden)- currently there isn’t yet a visual accompanying a locked door, but there is a locked door sound that will play when attempting to open.
6. In some cases, when falling, the Avatar will be placed instantly on the ground instead of falling the full distance.
7. If the Avatar is idle for an extended period of time (roughly 30 minutes or so) the game will auto-logout. In the future this feature will likely be accompanied by an idle warning msg.
8. Gaining too many items/decorations can cause character data corruption preventing players from being able to log in and a fix is being investigated.
9. Characters are currently blocked from entering water via invisible barriers. In a later release we will have swimming along the surface of water (as long as you are not too encumbered).
10. Jumping interactivity, height, and animations are all placeholder while we tune based on feedback.
11. Crafting items can be difficult to find once placed on the crafting table. If you are having trouble crafting a recipe, make sure that all of the correct components are on the crafting table (carefully looking for incorrect components).
1. We continue to log your interactions and add to conversation responses as you engage in conversation with NPCs. Owl’s Head NPCs should be much more fleshed out. Kingsport NPCs are less so but still incorporate some of the input from R1.
2. Due to characters from R1 being wiped, you are once again a new visitor and Guard Michael will once again interrogate you on your arrival in Owl’s Head. Feel free to answer differently this time!
3. NPCs will now occasionally talk to each other, and in rare cases themselves.
4. Line of sight for non-player characters is still not incorporated for R2, so you will still occasionally see NPCs talk through walls. However, NPCs will turn to face you and animate while talking to you (or other NPCs). If you are behind an NPC, it may not notice your presence until you speak up (this is by design).
5. You can now click on an NPC to talk to them specifically. Please note that targeting cursors on NPCs currently do not display indoors; this is a known issue. You can still click on the NPC to target them but it will not display a targeting highlight circle.
6. A bug which caused NPCs to pick a random line of dialogue instead of the entire dialogue in very long speeches has been fixed. This is most notable with Myra and Nob in Owl’s Head.
7. NPCs will now react if you run into them.
8. Owl’s Head: You can now complete Morton and Dreyfus’ tasks. NPCs in Kingsport will help you with these.
9. Owl’s Head: There are now several ways to handle Morgan’s request, based on player feedback.
10. Owl’s Head: Winslow screams considerably less, possibly because he was finally moved to the sleeping quarters. Occasionally he will still interrupt when talking to Enmar (and vice versa); clicking on the NPC you wish to talk to will fix this for now.
11. Owl’s Head: Bentham finally figured out how to unlock his tower, and is now busily working inside.
1. During character creation the chosen hair color does not yet apply to eyebrows.
2. When playing full screen and using multiple monitors, the user can move the mouse cursor outside of the game window- this functionality is only intended to work in windowed mode or borderless windowed mode (which has yet to be implemented).
3. Remappable keys will be coming in a later release.
4. Crafting tables do not appear as lists when in list inventory mode.
5. Inventory list items can jump around unnaturally and get put in bad positions when dragging around an inventory list with a scrollbar, where the scroll is not set to the top of the list.
1. FPS counter is not always accurate.
2. There may be framerate issues and slowdown in game, optimizations are still in progress.
1. If the patcher process is terminated while updating (e.g. computer/patcher crashes) user may need to uninstall and reinstall to finish the patching.
1. Linux version is downloaded via direct download, there is no patcher at this time.
2. Use 32bit executable on 32bit machines and 64bit on 64 (can be checked with uname -m).
3. Officially we only support Ubuntu, however it should run on other distributions but might require some work.
4. nVidia users: nouveau works, but is slower than the official drivers and might crash; full-screen and resolution switching might be buggy with nouveau.
5. AMD/Ati users: radeondrmfb works, but is slow and might show graphical artifacts, use official Ati/AMD drivers instead (e.g. fglrx, however do not use experimental drivers).
6. Both nVidia and Radeon users might experience graphical issues dealing with transparency on game objects.
7. Mouse cursor doesn’t hide on camera movement, fix being investigated.
8. Mouse cursor might be rendered incorrectly on radeon cards.
9. Switching graphics mode, resolution and full-screen might be buggy on radeon cards (switching back from full screen can cause graphical anomalies – work around to switch out of x11 and back).
10. Cloth sims don’t work on this build, is being investigated for R3. This will affect the way capes look
1. Mac version is also downloaded via direct download, no patcher.
2. Full screen mode doesn’t block Dock when moving cursor to middle bottom of screen.
3. We only support two button mouse currently. One button mouse support will be coming in a later release along with remappable keys.
Lord British Hosts Hangout to Celebrate Launch
of Release 2 and $3 Million Milestone
Join Richard Garriott, Starr Long, many members of the dev team, and special guests for six hours of QA, discussions, and fun as we celebrate Release 2 launch and reaching a landmark $3M in fundraising. Special guests include Joe Garrity of the Origin Museum, Dame Lori of Forsaken Virtues, Sir Frank Baxley of the College of Arms, and more!
(We hope to have the Poet’s Circle and Bard’s Circle as well but they are unconfirmed as of now)
We welcome you to join the conversation about our Release 2 Instructions on the SotA public forums.
Remember, You Will Need to Register on the SotA Website and Link Your Kickstarter Account to Play Release 2
Stay on top of all the latest game development news by registering on our website, https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com. And if you have not already done so, please be sure to Link your Kickstarter Account, so we can ensure that you receive all of your backer rewards as soon as they are ready to roll out!
seconds to go
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
GUILT PLEDGE ============================= Thank Lord British and prove your virtue with a $10 donation. If you ever pirated an Ultima game or used an exploit to grief other players in Ultima Online, here’s your chance to repent! For your $10 donation you will receive a clear conscience and Lord British's undying gratitude.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
4991 backers Limited (3 left of 4994)
FIRST RESPONDER ============================= Be one of the first 5000 pledges to get First Responder rewards, which includes digital download of the game and exclusive Early Bird Alpha + Beta Access (estimated Alpha delivery in December 2013)!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $30 or moreYou selected
4993 backers Limited (5 left of 4998)
SECOND RESPONDER ============================= The First Responder level has been so popular we're adding a Second Responder level! Includes digital download of the game and exclusive Early Bird Alpha + Beta Access (estimated Alpha delivery in December 2013)!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $33 or moreYou selected
2515 backers Limited (2485 left of 5000)
PIONEER ============================= REWARD BONUS: ALL TIERS NOW RECEIVE IN-GAME "PIONEER" TITLE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Only available during Kickstarter, at all reward levels, your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Pioneer" to be proudly displayed for all to see (title visibility controlled by player). Also includes digital download of the game and exclusive Early Bird Alpha + Beta Access (estimated Alpha delivery in December 2013)!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $40 or moreYou selected
ADVENTURER ============================= Adventurer level includes digital download of the game and exclusive Early Bird Alpha + Beta Access (estimated Alpha access in December 2013)!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
IMMORTAL ADVENTURER ============================= Available only to backers, you will receive one Immortality Fruit seed. With the Farming Craft you can plant the Immortality Fruit seed, which will bear a single fruit. When eaten, this fruit will fully heal you, and leave you with a single seed which can be planted and harvested, over and over, for all eternity. The Immortality Fruit seed can be transferred between players. Also, get your last name early! Ordinary adventurers must reach higher levels to display a last name for their character, but not you! Immortal Adventurers will have the right to select and display both a first and last name right from the get-go! Additionally, your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Immortal Adventurer" to be proudly displayed for all to see (title visibility controlled by player). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Adventurer Level RewardsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $60 or moreYou selected
FOUNDER ============================= Only available during Kickstarter, at Founder level or above, your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Founder" to be proudly displayed for all to see (title visibility controlled by player). In addition, you will be privy to the game development progress before it is live! As concepts are created, screenshots are taken, and news is delivered for the game, they will be posted to a private Developer’s Blog page to which you will have access (estimated blog access in April 2013). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Adventurer Level RewardsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $80 or moreYou selected
ROYAL ARTISAN ============================= NOTE: Please use this tier instead of the previous Royal Artisan tier which mistakenly required $15 non-US shipping. ============================= In addition to Episode 1, you will receive the full content of the future episodes 2 & 3 (including Beta access to Episodes 2 & 3)! You will also receive 1 starter-level, indestructible, artisan's tool for the skill of your choice! Also includes 2 starter-level ranged weapons, uniquely identifiable as Founder weapons. One of the range weapons will be a crossbow based on a unique design by David "Iolo" Watson! Unique ability to tame an elusive monster that an ordinary player could never tame! (dependent upon reaching $1.4 M Taming! stretch goal). Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Royal Artisan" to be proudly displayed for all to see (title visibility controlled by player). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Founder Level RewardsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $80 or moreYou selected
53 backers All gone!
ROYAL ARTISAN ============================= In addition to Episode 1, you will receive the full content of the future episodes 2 & 3 (including Beta access to Episodes 2 & 3)! You will also receive 1 starter-level, indestructible, artisan's tool for the skill of your choice! Also includes 2 starter-level ranged weapons, uniquely identifiable as Founder weapons. One of the range weapons will be a crossbow based on a unique design by David "Iolo" Watson! Unique ability to tame an elusive monster that an ordinary player could never tame! (dependent upon reaching $1.4 M Taming! stretch goal). Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Royal Artisan" to be proudly displayed for all to see (title visibility controlled by player). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Founder Level RewardsEstimated delivery:Add $15 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
VIRTUAL COLLECTOR ============================= Get the full virtual experience with the Shroud of the Avatar Digital Collector’s Edition! Includes digital download copies of the Runic Language Translation Print, PDF Art Book, and Digital Game Soundtrack. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Founder Level RewardsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $120 or moreYou selected
EXPLORER - ALL DIGITAL ============================= In addition to Episodes 1, 2, and 3, you will receive DRM-free, digital download versions of the final TWO, full-length, standalone games, Shroud of the Avatar Episode 4 and Episode 5 (including Beta access to Episodes 4 & 5)! You will also receive the new world map as a digital, uniquely framed, in-game decoration for your house. Plus, your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Explorer" to be proudly displayed for all to see (title visibility controlled by player). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Virtual Collector Level RewardsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $125 or moreYou selected
EXPLORER ============================= Digital is awesome but you can't hang your digital on the wall! Get a full size cloth map of the new world in its original state (estimated map availability in December 2013)! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Virtual Collector Level RewardsEstimated delivery:Add $15 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
COLLECTOR ============================= Get the full experience with the Shroud of the Avatar Collector’s Edition! In addition to the cloth map, you also receive a physical copy of the Runic Language Translation Print and an official Collector’s Coin. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Explorer Level RewardsEstimated delivery:Add $15 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $200 or moreYou selected
PATRON ============================= Get your name permanently listed in a Domesday Book in game as a Patron, visible to all who play the game for all eternity! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Collector level rewardsEstimated delivery:Add $15 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
133 backers Limited (367 left of 500)
ANCESTOR ============================= Get your name or your character’s name permanently displayed on a tombstone in the game as an ancestor of the old world, visible to all who play the game for all eternity! Lord British would love to include your avatar’s name from your past adventures! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Patron Level RewardsEstimated delivery:Add $15 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $350 or moreYou selected
60 backers Limited (3940 left of 4000)
NAVIGATOR ============================= Includes all the Collector Level rewards, but your cloth map will be hand signed by Richard “Lord British” Garriott himself. (If you choose this level, you can take satisfaction in the agony signing tons of maps will cause Richard. Also, look forward to a time lapse video of Richard signing all the maps!) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Ancestor Level RewardsEstimated delivery:Add $15 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $400 or moreYou selected
66 backers Limited (934 left of 1000)
DEVELOPER ============================= Want to be a part of the Development process? This is the level for you! Gain access to the private Developer Chat/Forums and help participate in guiding the game (estimated Developer Chat/Forums access in April 2013). You also get to help create a character in the game as well as name them. When everything’s said and done, we’ll put together a PDF document of various concepts and design documents. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Navigator Level RewardsEstimated delivery:Add $15 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
373 backers Limited (627 left of 1000)
CITIZEN ============================= Stake your claim! Gain a Rent Free Village Level House Deed that you can pick up and place on any open Village lot in the game. This Village House proudly displays a special Founder Level plaque for all to see. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Developer Level RewardsEstimated delivery:Add $15 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $750 or moreYou selected
207 backers Limited (293 left of 500)
KNIGHT ============================= As a Knight you will receive an upscale Knight's home (to place on a Citizen level Village property) + Your very own, unique, Founder's house servant, appropriate to your stature as a Knight (dependent upon reaching $1.8 M stretch goal) + One Expert level crafting station for your home, uniquely identifiable as a Founder's crafting station + A unique piece of furniture, fit for a Knight, identifiable as a Founder's piece, as a digital, in-game decoration for your house (What could it be? A Knight's Round Table, perchance?) Your Knight House proudly displays a special Founder Level plaque that can be seen by all. In addition, your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Knight" to be proudly displayed for all to see (title visibility controlled by player). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Citizen Level Rewards (note: only 1 Village House Deed per Knight pledge)Estimated delivery:Add $15 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $1,500 or moreYou selected
68 backers Limited (332 left of 400)
LORD ============================= Stake your claim! Gain a Rent Free Town Level House Deed that you can pick up and place on any Town lot in the game. This Town House proudly displays a special Founder Level plaque that can be seen by all. In addition, your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Lord" to be proudly displayed for all to see (title visibility controlled by player). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Developer Level RewardsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $3,000 or moreYou selected
20 backers All gone!
BARON ============================= Stake your claim! Gain a Rent Free City Level House Deed that you can pick up and place on any City lot in the game. This City House proudly displays a special Founder Level plaque that can be seen by all. In addition, your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Lord" to be proudly displayed for all to see (title visibility controlled by player). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Developer Level RewardsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $3,500 or moreYou selected
17 backers Limited (3 left of 20)
BARON 2 ============================= Stake your claim! Gain a Rent Free City Level House Deed that you can pick up and place on any City lot in the game. This City House proudly displays a special Founder Level plaque that can be seen by all. In addition, your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Lord" to be proudly displayed for all to see (title visibility controlled by player). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Developer Level RewardsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $5,000 or moreYou selected
5 backers Limited (5 left of 10)
DUKE ============================= Being involved in developer discussions is great, but joining the team and Lord British is even better! Gain VIP access to special round-table design discussions hosted by Lord British during gaming conventions and events where the game is being showcased. Plus, a full tour of the Portalarium studios in Austin, Texas for a behind the scenes look and personal design discussion with the game team. (Event entry fees and travel expenses not covered; includes at least two round-table discussions to be held at those events occurring no later than twelve months following the delivery of the game). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Baron Level RewardsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $10,000 or moreYou selected
9 backers Limited (11 left of 20)
LORD OF THE MANOR ============================= Want to be the Lord of the Manor? Join Richard “Lord British” Garriott in a personal tour of the actual Britannia Manor and its collections. (Choose 1 of 4 offered dates; travel expenses not covered). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ As a bonus, Richard Garriott will give each Lord of the Manor one of the rarest Ultima collector items imaginable, the game that started it all, Akalabeth. This rare game is in the original packaging that Richard made himself and sold only a dozen copies before it was picked up by a publisher. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Duke Level RewardsEstimated delivery:
Pledge $10,000 or moreYou selected
2 backers All gone!
LORDS OF THE MANOR ============================= Want to be the Lord of the Manor? Join Richard “Lord British” Garriott in a personal tour of the actual Britannia Manor and its collections. (Choose 1 of 4 offered dates; travel expenses not covered). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Includes Duke Level RewardsEstimated delivery:
- (30 days)