- Simple but fun life simulation. You now have the ability to beat your more successful friends with this fake life simulator.
- Up to 4 player online and local multiplayer. You won't have to leave the house anymore to experience life.
- Beat your high-score in single player mode. Just beat it. Do it.
- Compete against a Computer Player. You'll be surprised when even the computer is better at life than you are.
- Experience years of human life in mere weeks. It's like reliving a nightmare over and over again.
- Indulge in a materialistic lifestyle. Money can't buy you love but it will buy that flat-screen TV and a sweet surround sound system.
- Customize your apartment with all kinds of fantastic items. Don't worry, no in game purchase required!
The team has been working on the game full time since last year and it is in the final stages of development. That is, the game is in beta and is fully playable. All backers will receive access to the beta. The game should launch a few months after the Kickstarter ends.
We are launching the game on Steam for Windows and Mac to begin with. We want to bring No Time to Relax to as many platforms as we can and are striving towards bringing it to other platforms after it launches on Steam.
We are all over those social medias, oh such social medias we do have! Want to check us out on one of them? Here are some links for you:
Porcelain Fortress was founded by a small band of romantics in the summer of 2016 in Reykjavik, Iceland. Our mission is to develop simple, fun and well-polished games for the PC market. After a few missteps, we have now conjured No time to Relax from the deepest recesses of our souls.
Einar K. Bridde writes code, makes music and sound-effects and keeps us all sane. He's worked on VR games and website development in the past. If this fails he's hoping to make it as an Ed Sheeran impersonator. [Favorite Game: Diablo]
Ingunn S. Sigbjörnsdóttir makes art and UI with Simmi. In her spare time she makes comics, draws dickbutt and tries to explain to the rest of the team the greatness of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. [Favorite Game: Baldur's Gate 2]
Sigmundur Breiðfjörð Þorgeirsson (Simmi) animates, makes art and UI with Ingunn. Simmi was a FPS veteran, having fought in the CS and Call of Duty wars back in the 90's. Now retired, he spends his days drawing cute mayhem. [Favorite Game: Mario Kart]
Björn E. Jónsson writes code, does things required to run a small gaming company in cooperation with Diðrik and cooks lunch. Before he worked on mobile games and some VR products. Björn is currently playing two different Bards in two different D&D campaigns. [Favorite Game: UFO: Enemy Unknown aka X-COM: UFO Defense]
Diðrik Steinsson does marketing, project management, design and company running with Björn. He also does real world and 3D sculpting. He's currently researching cryogenics in order to play Cyberpunk 2077 sooner. [Favorite Game: C&C: Red Alert]
So far, No Time to Relax has been self-funded by the team. A whole year of our time has been poured into making this game which is near completion but we need help from you, the community, to bring it to the finish line. The tasks that lie before us are:
- Finish the Computer Player for that sweet single-player experience
- Finish online multiplayer
- Bug fixes, balancing and polish
- Marketing the game once it launches
- Creating extra features, should they be unlocked through stretch goals
- Developer Fuel (pizza, diet-cola & salmiac candy)
The game is feature complete but still requires a bit of polish and balancing and we’d like the community to work with us to shape the game into its final form. We are committed to working with our backers to shape the game into something fantastic. Be assured that we will take each and every backer’s feedback into consideration.
Risks and challenges
No Time to Relax has been in development for about a year now and is almost ready. We are confident in our ability to deliver the finished game to our backers on or before the promised date.
The challenges we foresee are if we are lucky enough to unlock stretch goals such as Pets. It is hard to accurately predict the delivery of such a feature in the given time frame. In that case we might have deliver such a feature as a free update as soon as possible after the game launches or delay the release of the game a little. Either way we would like to work with our backers in handling any such challenges.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)