Welcome to our Kickstarter project page for, "The Marble Game!" (U.S. Patent Pending) We hope you enjoyed our video.
If you are new to Kickstarter, read our quick summary (1) below.
If you already know how kickstarter works, please go to (2) below.
1. Kickstarter.com is the most popular and successful "Crowdfunding" website. The term crowdfunding simply means that a worthy creative idea is funded by many people who want to be part of making it come to life.
On kickstarter.com, people who make a "pledge" will not be charged unless the project meets its minimum funding goal. For example, The goal for The Marble Game! Project is $1,000. We have a 30 day window to achieve that goal. If we fail to get enough "Backers" to meet our minimum goal, then the project is officially unsuccessful and none of the backers are charged for their pledge. If the goal is met, at the end of the 30 day window, all backers will have their credit or debit card charged for the amount of their pledge. You will also notice that there are suggested pledge levels that have corresponding "Rewards" offered. The rewards are delivered only if the funding goal is met.
There is a minimum goal, but there is no limit to how much can be pledged beyond that goal. We are hoping that our project will attract many more backers than needed.
For more info on how kickstarter.com works, see the bottom of the page/Help/What is kickstarter?
2. The Marble Game! is fast and fun. Children as young as 5 can easily control the paddles and understand the rules. The most unique and laughter producing rule allows players to blow on the marble to help keep it out of their own pit or to propel the marble into an opponents pit. The first player to "loose all their marbles" wins!
The game table is about 31 inches square, built of wood and made to last. At just over 16 pounds, the game has a solid feel to it when you play, just like a well built pool table. There is nothing flimsy about this game.
At the $99. pledge reward level, we will send you a new Marble game including 25 marbles in a marble bag, detailed rules and a storage/tote bag for the game. After the kickstarter campaign, the price of the game may increase a small amount. So if you want a Marble Game, now is the time!
Not only is the game great for family type parties, our young adult focus group suggested that The Marble Game! would be an awesome alternative or companion to Beer Pong at their parties.
The Marble Game! has the potential to permanently join the realm of classic games like Chess, Backgammon, Pool, Darts, Dominoes and Cards. Our goal, just like Grandpa Pope's, is to have The Marble Game! available worldwide and be as well known to all people as Chess.
We envision starting the "International Marble Game Federation" for true enthusiasts. (The IMGF)!
3. Our story. (Summary) Grandpa Pope made The Marble Game! in the 1970's. He is no longer with us now. We'll complete his dream by perfecting the design and bringing it to the world! (Watch the video for the full story.)
4. Why we need help. The only moving parts in The Marble Game! are the paddles. The prototype was made 40 years ago and used simple wood screws for the swivel action of the paddles. But with use, the paddles tend to come loose and wobbly. The game simply cannot be safe and maintenance free with loose screws. Our solution is to use hardware from office chair casters. The stem and slot insert snap together to create a permanent and hidden swivel. But the "off the shelf" hardware is too large for the game paddles. We will use the funds raised from this kickstarter campaign to special order a smaller size to be fabricated.
5. Take Action! We are asking you to be a backer of our project. But of equal importance, we ask you to share our project in every way you can. Emails to your contact list, posts to facebook, twitter, Google +, pinterest and all others. At the bottom of this page, there are links for you to use to share this project on most of the popular social media websites.
Many people have very conservative Sharing habits. Just like the golden rule, they may avoid sharing too much with others because they don't like getting too much.
If this is you, we are asking you to make a one time exception to that golden rule, and as the Pope Brothers said in the video, "Share it like crazy!"
Of course, we would love to raise much more than our modest $1,000. kickstarter goal. With your support and enthusiastic sharing of this project, we can not only build a high quality game, but we can establish the commercial infrastructure to achieve our long term goals. Thank you for your time in considering the merits of our project and for any support you can give.
6. Advice, Suggestions, Mentors and Professional help. In addition to pledges and sharing, I welcome any other help that you may be able to provide. Please contact me. (Anthony Pope) Again, Thank you.
Risks and challenges
The greatest challenge is the high quality & high quantity manufacture of the game. We are very fortunate in that area. One of our enthusiastic supporters owns a sign manufacturing facility here in Las Vegas, NV. (Citrus Signs) He and his team of graphic artists, engineers and manufacturing experts are anxious to assist us with parts sourcing, programming the "CNC" machine to cut out hundreds of wood components simultaneously, and identify assembly best practices. All we need to do is pay for the raw materials and shop level labor. We are very confident in our ability to fulfill our promises to our backers. As the Business Manager of MarbleTree Games, I (Anthony Pope), bring over 25 years of experience with me in the areas of accounting, project management, human resources, IT dept management and general office administration. ALSO, "The Pope Brothers" are the Presidents of MarbleTree Games, so,... Yeah! We got that going for us. :)Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)