About this project
Extraordinarily versatile, the Tablebreaker has as many uses as you can imagine:
Express your individuality at work or home!
Use it as a gorgeous, eye-catching desk display!
Spruce up your game room with a colorful, themed accent piece!
Incorporate your passion into your living space with a sleek bookend or mantle decor!
With options for both Standard and Countdown number orientation, the Tablebreaker is the perfect life-counter that all your friends are sure to envy!
The Tablebreaker was designed from the ground up with 3D modeling software; this allows us to ensure the greatest manufacturability and quality control. The Tablebreaker is then precision machined on a multi-axis CNC mill using a solid billet of 6063 architectural aluminum. After machining, the dice are color anodized to MIL-A-8625 specification. Finally, each die is etched using a CO2 laser. This process selectively removes the anodization and exposes the aluminum underneath to reveal the numbers on each face.
Why Architectural Aluminium (6063)?
- Aluminum has a superb strength to weight ratio, making it the ideal material for a beautiful, yet durable display piece.
- Architectural Aluminum (6063) facilitates the most vibrant anodize colors.
It’s always been our goal to bring you beautiful gaming accessories with as little risk as possible. Before launching this Kickstarter, we invested a lot of time, money and effort to make sure it was possible to bring our vision to life with a quality that we're proud of.
During our testing, we’ve found that in order to maintain a flawless finish, a small, shallow hole needed to be made in the otherwise solid block of aluminum to allow the die to be hung during the anodization process. We worked tirelessly to incorporate this into the overall design for a beautiful and complete finish. We solved the design change by adding a second hole, and incorporating them into distinguishing markers for the 6 and the 9. Our final product will feature two small, flush, stainless steel accent screws to complete this modern look.
What people are saying?
- "I want someone to know when I am beating them that I am also a nerd!" - Dani F. Hyper RPG
- "You also get like a cool line when you crack them over the head 'CRITICAL HIT!'" - Zaddy N. Hyper RPG
- "I could crush all of your Hero Forge minis with this" -- Tom L. Saving Throw Show
- "Does a crane come with it to lift that behemoth?" -- John C.
- "I definitely want a Tablebreaker!" -- Amanda R.
- "I like that it doubles as a display piece as well as protection against home invaders" -- Kenny A.
- "I like that you can use it as a threat to a dm if you don't like what they are doing 'what's that DM? Did you just TPK the party? Let me roll this on your head for a saving throw.'" - Peter K.
- "I like that I will finally make my player understand the power of the rolls an elder dragon makes. With it I can finally make IRL terror throws! DRAGON SMASH!!" -- Florian A.
We've been working on The Tablebreaker for over six months. During this time, we've put our own money and countless hours into the research, development and design of our prototypes. Now, we need your help! To be able to offer The Tablebreaker at the cheapest possible price, we need to commit to a large order with our manufacturer. With your help, we can make The Tablebreaker a reality!
Risks and challenges
We've learned alot from our last project about expecting the unexpected. Tremendous effort has already been put into making sure all of our ducks are in a row before starting this project. We have invested in numerous prototype versions to make sure we could bring these to life in a quality that we're proud of. Manufacturing and distribution is already lined up to ensure a smooth and time-efficient production!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (34 days)