We are Pompeii, from Austin, TX. We have finished writing our third album & are anxious to share it with you. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on May 26, 2013.
About this project
Hi, we're Pompeii from Austin TX. We've finished writing our third album and are anxious to share it with you! Doing this without a label means we have full creative control, but unfortunately don't have the funding to do it all on our own.
This is where you, our friends, fans and family come in and allow us to turn the past 4 years of ideas into reality. We are asking for your direct involvement in the creation of our third album, so that we'll be able to fully fund the recording, manufacturing, distribution and promotion of our new release in a timely manner.
We've created this Kickstarter campaign with some ways to say thank you and show our appreciation. We look forward to sharing the results with you this Fall!
- Erik Wofford slowly started building his career with local instrumental group Explosions In The Sky. As time went by, more people discovered the recording haven on the banks of the Colorado River. With its twenty foot ceilings, huge windows overlooking the river valley and wide open space, it's no surprise that everyone from My Morning Jacket to Okkervil River has called Cacophony home. With your help, we can too.
- We're very excited to announce we'll be teaming up with composer, arranger and multi-instrumentalist, Christopher Cox, whose compositions can be heard on the film Echotone and on tracks by NPR favorite, Dana Falconberry. Hear some of Christopher's work now.
- Although the members of the Tosca String Quartet are classically trained, they also know how to rock. They form the core of the Tosca Strings, who toured internationally with David Byrne from 2001 to 2005. Noteworthy performances include the Late Show with David Letterman, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Austin City Limits, and the BBC music show.
- Finally, our good friend, Chris King, of the band This Will Destroy You will be collaborating on select tracks.
- For those of you who have requested vinyl from us, we're so happy to say we're pressing our first batch. Ever. For all you record collectors, we're going all out with heavy 180 gram, colored vinyl.
*Estimated budget includes $15,000 for recording, mixing, mastering & packaging the album itself & $5,000 for promotional purposes.
Risks and challenges
We've spent the better part of this year thinking of ways to limit as many risks as possible, yet we know there will still be unexpected challenges along the way. That's how any project is, creative or otherwise. We will always be up front with you guys about challenges and setbacks, every step of the way. A few to consider:
Shipping: We have factored in extra time for the manufacturing and promotional process and are confident we will ship this October-maybe even earlier, but there is always a chance that things will take longer than planned.
Changes: As we tweak our creative vision, slight changes may be made, but rest assured, we'll only make changes that will help make the end result better. We're making our most ambitious record to date, so that means going beyond the songs themselves and making sure that everything associated with the songs (audio, visual, touch, smell, taste etc.) is the best it can be. For the record, you won't be able to taste the album.
Vendors: We work with a variety of vendors to source the best materials and ensure the product is developed correctly. Each supplier has its own challenges, which may affect its partners, including us.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (33 days)