Like and Tweet us above ^ Thanks :D
Our goal has been reached! Thank you guys so much! We've still got tons of special pledge gifts for you guys, though - and every dollar pledged will help Brobot be even better! Seriously! Keep pledging 'cause every penny will be put to good and important use :D
Thank you SO much to everyone who's pledged and shared our projects. You guys are the best. Kisses for all!
Brobot as you see him in the video is the prototype of our midi-controlled robotic drum set. He is entirely open-source which means YOU can build one! All of his software will be available for free and his hardware list will be completely public. Brobot is a great project for DIY hackers and musicians.
Our goal is for Brobot to be a full-sized drum set with the speed, power, and finesse of a human drummer, and to make Brobots available to anyone with some DIY skills!
About the band
We are passionate group of musicians, programmers, and DIY hackers! We love music, science, and open technology. Our name is Poleshadow. We travel often but are currently in Florida and we try to play live shows with Brobot at least once a week. The music video for our first recording, "Aliens Take me Away" directed by the awesome Adam Danger Smith.
Our Music - The yet unreleasd Poleshadow EP will feature 3-5 original songs. These epic tales and ballads include such topics such as Mermaids, Dragons, Time Travel, Pirates, Swords, Revenge, and of course Aliens. The CDs will be available with beautiful multi-page inserts and cover art. Alternatively the EP can be downloaded in high quality.
What we need
Funding from Kickstarter will go directly towards:
- A big, burly power supply. 36VDC, 40A or higher
- Stronger electronic actuators (solenoids) for swinging the drum sticks
- Better software. All of our software will be open-source but there are specific improvements that we wish to be made.
- Materials + manufacturing costs for several custom designed parts:
- - - The hinged mechanism that grips the drumstick allowing it to pivot
- - - Mounting the hinged mechanism to the electronic actuators
- - - Clamps designed to hold these items to the rim of a drum OR a cymbal stand.
- A dedicated computer (cheap laptop) to run the software
- Upgrading the drums + cymbals. Brobot is currently a 3-piece travel kit.
The Video Game!
If our total pledge level reaches $3,000 this will trigger what we know as "the coolest day of our lives" where we, as a band, will have our own video game created! Every pledge $89 or higher will get a copy of the POLESHADOW game in their package! The game will be distributed on original NES cartridges that you can plug in to any computer via USB. Any pledges $1000 or more will get their name and likeness immortalized as a playable character in the game!
Gameplay - Start your epic journey by finding the wizard king in the forest. There he will give you advice for your journey and direct you to the time machine. Choose to go forward or backward in time and let the adventure unfold all while listening to original poleshadow music re-created in vintage video game style!
Thank you graciously for taking your time to look at our Kickstarter for Brobot!
Like & Follow us!
Share us with your friends!
Support this project
- (26 days)