Podo shoots photos, videos, and time lapse. Set any interval and Podo will capture everything automatically. See one here.
This advanced software and go-anywhere size make Podo the most versatile, and easy-to-use camera ever!
How to order on Kickstarter: Click "Back This Project" and select a reward, add $5 per item for accessories (see below), then complete your pledge. For more details see bottom of this page.
Podo makes a perfect holiday or birthday gift, and pledging today lets you save up to 50% off future prices!
UNLOCKED - Upgraded tin packaging
UNLOCKED - Image processing upgrade
UNLOCKED - Free upgrade for carrying cases
UNLOCKED - Water proof case add-on
UNLOCKED - Backers up to $600k Xmas Shipping
UNLOCKED - Stereoscopic shooting mode
$800k - Free upgrade for water proof cases
$900k - Free hard shell gear case
$1M - Double the memory free upgrade, new colors, filters!
Freedom: Capture any moment from any perspective. Your shots are no longer limited by the reach of your arm.
Control: The Podo app puts you in control for every shot. Wirelessly preview, capture, and transfer, with Bluetooth technology.
Your phone is great, but it's not always the right camera for the job.
Our customers love how easy it is to use Podo to enhance their lifestyles:
- Self-portraits: Ditch your selfie stick for good.
- Group photos: Fit everyone in on the very first try.
- Family: Fun for even the most camera-shy little-ones.
- Animals: Get up-close on their level with your pets.
- Food: Snap a recipe step-by-step or get that perfect food pic.
- Cars: Use Podo as an easy backup cam.
For your passions:
- Photography: A fun and creative addition to your gear bag.
- Travel: Never miss a photo op, without relying on strangers.
- Style & Fashion: Check your outfit from the back, and take your #ootd.
- Fitness: Check your form, yoga poses, and of course, progress pics!
- Sports: Record your swing, or watch a basket from the back board.
- Artists: Dancers, musicians, stop-motion animators, painters, etc.
- Time Lapse: Set any interval for the easiest time lapse ever.
Perfect for events:
- Weddings/Parties: Capture it all automatically with time lapse.
- Concerts: Get every angle of the venue without running any cables.
- Multi-angle: Use multiple Podos to capture everything at once.
- Photo booth: Everyone loves a good photo booth!
Large Pixel Size
The pixels on our sensor (2.2 μm) are 50% bigger than those in the iPhone 7 (1.5 μm) and the Galaxy S7 (1.4 μm).
Bigger pixels collect more light, leading to increased dynamic range, improved low-light performance, and reduced noise. Bigger pixels = better picture.
Choosing a 5MP camera allows bigger pixels within the same sensor size, and is enough megapixels to print at 14"x11" full resolution.
Micro-Adhesive Sticky Pad
Podo sticks with a quick press, then peels right off. It physically "grips" the wall so it doesn't wear out, and you can clean it with water. Think gecko's feet...but on a camera.
No other stands, clips, or mounts required. Just slip Podo in your pocket and you're good to go.
Sound like magic? It feels like it too! Just wait until you try it yourself.
For a short video on how it works, click here.
The Podo App
1. Wake Podo up and start the preview, all from within the app
2. Adjust settings, hit the shutter, or start a countdown
3. Choose your favorite shots and transfer them to your phone
When you're done, just stick Podo in your pocket and it will return to sleep automatically.
The Podo App is free for iOS and Android. Requires iPhone 5/Android 4.4 or higher.
Photo transfer times vary with phone model and strength of Bluetooth connection. Typical transfer time for a 5MP photo is 2-4 seconds.
PHOTO: Simple. Fun. Our bread and butter.
LAPSE: Set any interval for the easiest time lapse ever. (Does not require connection with phone)
VIDEO: 720p HD video at 30 fps. Your phone records the audio like a wireless mic.
MULTI (new): Capture photo, video, or lapse with up to 6 Podos simultaneously in a unique and immersive way.
BOOTH (new): Easily provide the classic photo booth experience. Silly faces are highly recommended!
SOLO (new): Activate tap-gesture controls and put your phone away.
As we update the app, Podo will gain even more features over time!
- Fully rotating hinge lets you shoot any angle
- Accelerometer automatically orients the photos LEDs indicate Podo's actions (not for flash)
- Adjustable countdown timer 8GB memory holds thousands of photos
- Li-ion battery lasts 1,000 photos or 2 weeks in standby
- Size: 1.3" x 1.3" x 1.5" (3 x 3 x 4.5 cm)
- Weight: 1.5 oz (43 g)
- Sensor: 5 MP (2.2 μm pixels)
- Video: 720p 30fps
- Lens: 90° wide-angle, glass
- Memory: 8 GB
- 8-LED ring
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE + Classic
- Rechargeable battery (up to 1.5 hrs. video)
Sticky pads are 12x6 cm and perfect for sticking your phone to your dashboard, hanging keys and cards by the door, or for mounting frames and posters. *These are stand-alone bonus pieces, not replacements for the Podo.*
Drawstring bag is perfect as a gym back or light daily carry!
Carrying case is made of high-quality Santoprene (industrial-grade, highly durable) and allows Podo to hang on your bag, belt, etc. Thanks to the success of this campaign, we're also including a neoprene sleeve with magnet enclosure that fully protects your Podo.
BACKER REFERRAL PROGRAM
Refer your friends and earn free stuff! Simple.
We count the number of Podos referred. So if your friend orders 6 Podos, you get credit for 6 referrals. What a good friend.
The top referrer overall also receives:
- Two advance Podos from our manufacturing test runs
- The very first Podo from mass production! (#001)
If you pledge for a Podo yet again, we'll send you one free gift bundle of:
- 3 piece Sticky pad set ($10 value)
- Podo carrying case ($10 value)
- Drawstring bag ($10 value)
- Our sincere gratitude, again.
The founders, Eddie, Jae, and Sam, began as friends and roommates at UC Berkeley. We got tired of someone always getting left out of group photos and needing cables to transfer photos from Jae's DSLR. We wanted something much more versatile and easy to use, so we made it!
We raised $427,000 last year from over 3,600 amazing backers. Podo shipped worldwide, won global design awards, and starred on TV, magazines, and even a music video.
Podo represents our passion, our team’s grit, and our conviction that technology should be fun and simple. Thank you to every fan and supporter who’s shown us love along the way.
HOW TO ORDER
HOW TO ADD ACCESSORIES
REFERRAL PROGRAM RULES
- Find your backer number. To find it, visit https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/backings and find us under "Active pledges." Scroll down.
- Affix your backer number to the beginning of podolabs.com followed by a period (no commas).
- For example, backer number 9,999 would use 9999.podolabs.com
- Share your unique link with friends and family.
- If they use it to order, you will automatically get credit!
- You must pledge for your own Podo(s) first.
- Referral credits are calculated after the campaign is over.
- We cannot respond to individual requests for referral count status.
- Cancelled orders or failed payments do not count.
- Your referral must use your link to pledge in one session or the referral will not register.
- Please do not try to game the system (we'll know) or you will forfeit any and all rewards.
- The Really Big Pack counts as ten referrals.
- If someone has already pledged once, they cannot re-pledge using your link.
3 days before the campaign concludes, we will post referral totals for all backers so you can get an idea. However, the official count will only come after the campaign concludes, as some referrals may cancel their pledge.
Thank you and good luck!
Take your camera and stick it:
Cher Lloyd - Activated Music Video
Risks and challenges
This is no longer our first rodeo, and there are many reasons why we expect to deliver faster than last time. For one, this version is much improved but similar enough that we can reuse much of what we learned.
Second, we're further along in the manufacturing process; we've already down-paid for the early bird units and tooling has already begun. Third, our new manufacturer is much more experienced with high volumes of cameras. Lastly, we know not to run into the same certification delays as last time.
And of course, we are still under Highway1/PCH's experienced wing, who's motto is appropriately, "We Make".Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)