About this project
Quick to play. Easy to learn. A great casual game for history aficionados and fans of great "take that" style game play!
Last Front is a World War II tabletop bidding/take that style card game. The goal of the game is to outbid and out burn your opponents to capture the most territories. Your bid comprises of deployed troops, tanks, planes and even iconic figures from WWII. Combine your resources for the strongest attacks!
Last Front entirely self-contained - no deck building or expansions required! It plays well with 3-6 players and takes 45-60 minutes per game.
Here's what folks that have played the game are saying:
From Undead Viking:
From Board Game Brawl:
From The Chief at Bonding with Board Games:
From BGG user azbiohaz:
You can find a video overview of our rules below. Game play is bid-based as players attempt to collect territories. For more game play videos, visit our YouTube channel!
Read the pdf of the full rules here!
100 Unit Cards
Unit Cards are deployed as part of your bid at their face value. You can play Special and Icon cards to boost their value.
10 Icon Cards
Icon Cards feature figures from all sides of the war. Most boost Unit Cards, but a few have rules that let you sabotage your opponents' attacks and defenses.
20 Special Cards
Special Cards have special rules that modify the value of deployed Units in a bid.
18 Event Cards
Event Cards represent the winds of war and have rules that can drastically affect the course of a battle. Event cards have an even chance of helping you or hurting your opponents!
12 Territory Cards and 4 Territory Bonus Cards
Territory Cards are what you fight over. Winning a controlling share of a territory type gives you a permanent bonus - assuming you can keep control!
16 Page Rulebook
You can download the full rules for the game here.
- Last Front has been in development for over two years and has been extensively play tested not just by our own team but by a large cross section of player types.
- We have run demos at Indy PopCon the last two years and were featured in the new games testing hall at GenCon last year.
- We have received a lot of great feedback from those that played the game as well as feedback on historical corrections and information. A number of our cards were suggested by our fans and players. Your opinions continue to be valuable to us, particularly as we hope to expand the game in coming months.
- The game is all done, the images in the core game are licensed and the art is ready to sent to print as soon as we reach our funding goal.
- We are using a printer that has been tested on a number of successful KS games for another local game company. They have been super responsive and have an excellent track record.
- We fully expect to have copies of the core game in hand and ready to distribute in July of 2016!
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge.
For example, if you pledge $20 to help back the project — we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any over-funding goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
Pledge levels vary from just $2 to several hundred dollars. And each different level opens up a new creative reward. (For a full list, check out the right side of this page, or scroll down a bit more).
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and to tell your friends.
Our primary reward will be the core game. Take a look for breakdowns of each tier! Backers at the $15 level and higher will receive a copy of the stretch goal cards as well!
NEW Ala Carte Add-Ons
These Add-Ons are a way for you to add some great accessories that enhance your game play experience but are not required to play the game. Simply add the amount for any extras you may want onto your normal pledge amount.
Once the Kickstarter is over, you'll receive a backer survey from us confirming both your total pledge amount and the number and type of extras you wanted. Please contact us with any questions!
Already a backer? Simply select "manage my pledge" and change the dollar amount.
Do you have a 3D printer at home? You can visit our Thingiverse collection and print any Battle Markers you like!
The 54 card pack expansion is now fully funded thanks to you! each backer will receive a copy of the first three stretch goals wrapped up in a handy tuck box!
Stretch Goal 1 Funded!
Stretch Goal 2 Funded!
Stretch Goal 3 Funded!
Last Front Pacific Full Game: Part 1
There has been a lot of interest in the Pacific expansion, so in these last few days I wanted to give us a chance to unlock at least part of it in the form of an 18 card Expansion Pack. This will include:
- Japanese Territory and Territory Bonus cards
- 12 Ship units- not many in the deck, but they are powerful!
- Two special Cards to balance Ships out: "Kamikazes" and "Sub Fleet"
We will keep adding cards 18 at a time until we hit the full game mark below, just like we did for the original game expansion. This includes more unit cards, including ships, island hopping territory cards and a new rule book as well as more Events, Icons and Special cards that can be used with the original game.
Pacific Full Game Stretch Goal
This full, stand-alone game features:
- Japanese Territory Cards to use if you chose to combine this game with the original
- Island Territory Cards- Capturing territory in this edition would be slightly different. Islands of the Pacific will be set by regions you will need to conquer. Island hop your way to victory!
- Japanese, American, Chinese and Australian Icon cards
- New Unit type- Ships!
- New Event and Special cards that match the Pacific theme
You will be able to mix and match cards from any Last Front version!
WWII offers a huge amount of inspiration and ideas for future additions. We look forward to hearing your ideas and suggestions for subject matter and mechanics!
- $6 US shipping
- $15 EU shipping (sorry, the "More Metal" deluxe edition in the ammo box and "War Bonds" retailer bundle are not available in the EU)
NEW BACKER BADGES!
To celebrate our artist Ryan Richmond being featured in the latest ImagineFX magazine, we are including some backer badges featuring his artwork!
To add an avatar, Right click your favorite badge, select "Save Image As", and save the image on your computer. You can change your avatar on Kickstarter by clicking on Me -> Edit Settings -> Picture.
Risks and challenges
This is our second go at Kickstarter. We learned a lot from our last campaign, and got pretty far towards our goal. But looking after some feedback we decided we needed to look harder for a lower cost manufacturer so we could ask for less as our minimum funding goal. As a result we are able to offer the game at a lower cost than we had initially been able to.
We are primarily a digital game company, so this is our first foray into print games. It seems like a logical step for us because we all play board and card games as much if not more than digital games. Print games also don't require a programmer to get involved and, thus, are less expensive to produce.
This is our first print game, so there will always be a little risk in that newness, but we designed a game that has as few moving parts as possible to mitigate that.
We have almost a decade in experience creating and producing digital games, apps and websites and a talented team of professionals with a passion for games and design. We don't have to worry about a lack of dedicated resources to continue to develop and perfect our game.
Thanks for your support and look for weekly updates highlighting the ways we are making the game better.
Support this project
- (40 days)