Combo Fighter is a card-driven rendition of the classic arcade fighting game where you take the role of a colorful and fantastic martial artist (represented by a 50-card deck) and go up against a fierce opponent.
To win the game and become the ultimate fighting champion, you must KO your opponent(s) by outguessing your adversary and by stringing cards together to unlock powerful combos.
Every fighter has a unique fighting style, and hence every match-up has a different dynamic and meta game. Perfecting the fighting style of your favorite fighter and knowing your enemy is key to success in this fast-paced game of spectacular and hard-hitting arcade combat.
Looking for more? Review our draft rulebook here.
- This game is fun, action-packed, fast gameplay that is accessible to a variety of gamers.
- The stretch goals unlocked will build a free expansion for backers of Tag Team or higher.
- While Plotmaker Games is new to Kickstarter, we have partnered with Kolossal Games, armed with the knowledge of industry best practices, experienced partners, and wonderful games.
- Combo Fighter is the first project for Plotmaker Games and the fifth campaign from Kolossal Games.
- The team behind Combo Fighter is also the team behind the 2016 Golden Geek Best Cooperative Game Nominee London Dread.
- Kolossal is on track to deliver their games in record time, including Western Legends, which is set to start fulfillment in August. Combo Fighter will be no exception.
- Our teams are led and supported by industry and marketing experts who have worked on amazing games that are designed, developed, and illustrated by incredibly talented people.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $50 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter and share with your friends and family. Also, be sure to like Plotmaker Games & Kolossal Games on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for real-time updates about this project and more!
Expansion add-ons for this project are included in the reward tiers and will be available after the project within the pledge manager. If you'd like to add additional copies to your pledge beyond what is available in the reward tiers, you may do so within the pledge manager after the project.
We’ll be using CrowdOx for post-campaign pledge management. What is CrowdOx? CrowdOx gives you the opportunity to verify your reward, make your selections (i.e. choose a color, size, etc) as well as verify and validate your shipping address.
Risks and challenges
While Combo Fighter is our first Kickstarter project, we have partnered with Kolossal Games, whose team has years of experience with Kickstarting and publishing games. Our commitment to building a strong, supportive community around Plotmaker Games & Kolossal Games will enable us to also deliver this project on time and with the highest quality possible.
That said, there are always complexities and considerations in a project of this scope that may cause delays. There are many steps in the process of manufacturing and fulfilling a game, many of which involve partnerships. Through careful and thorough planning, common mistakes can be avoided. However, possible delays can occur from circumstances beyond our immediate control. If such an issue is encountered, our team will adapt and no corners will be cut to course correct as needed.
Our greatest obstacle is simply the funding capital to manufacture such an ambitious product of the highest quality capable. Your contribution makes this a reality!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (19 days)