Agony UNRATED - 31st October 2018!
It's time to end up joking. Agony UNRATED will be released on this Halloween, and it will be free for our backers!
Madmind Studio would like to inform you that today we have finished work on the uncensored version of Agony. Agony UNRATED will make its debut this Halloween, 31st October. We are aware that the premiere of our first game was disappointing for many players, as numerous technical errors and censored content effectively distracted from the game. We would like to apologize for the mistakes we made and to compensate players for a long time waiting for the UNRATED version, making it available at a significantly lower price. Agony UNRATED will be released on the STEAM platform, at the price of 14.99$/14.99€/49.99PLN. Players who already have regular Agony in their Steam library will receive a 90% discount on the UNRATED version. UNRATED agony will be made available for free on 29th October for all Agony Kickstarter backers.
Agony UNRATED Trailer on YouTube:
Agony UNRATED - changes from the basic version:
Improved quality of character models and textures,
- New types of threats - Traps,
- New types of environmental threats,
- New types of static opponents,
- A new, more extensive and useful character development system,
- Volumetric lighting,
- Normal Mode and Hard Mode with more opponents and puzzles,
- Completely new type of environment - the Forest, added to the procedurally generated Agony Mode, which now also includes additional traps and boss fights,
- 8 different endings in the Story Mode,
- Possibility to follow the story mode as a Sukkub,
- Sukkub Mode and Agony Mode are unlocked at the first start of the game,
- Many new, uncensored scenes,
- Black and red image filter, inspired by the Agony trailers,
- World map and minimap,
- The possibility of setting up a fire and killing some opponents as a martyr,
- Sacrificial altars,
- New and modified paths for the player,
- Numerous technical improvements to the basic version of the game and much more.
Unfortunately, but the contracts we have in force, both publishing and rating, blocked us from releasing the patch and removing the censorship from the game. Any lawsuit related to the violation of these rules would most likely lead to the closure of our studio. To release Agony Unrated, we had to choose an alternative route and remain in the shadows by announcing the suspension of our work on the game. Today, after a few months since the release of Agony, the deadline for contracts binding us has passed and we can share these details with you. At the moment, the PC is the only platform that gives us the freedom to create the world we've come up with. This, unfortunately, means Agony Unrated can never appear as a Digital Edition on consoles. If players and reviewers positively receive Agony Unrated, we will try to get a contract with the publisher who will agree to issue a limited number of copies of the boxed game, both on PS4 and Xbox One. The release of the game in a box version is the only option for the production with the "Adult Only" age rating to appear on consoles.
Agony: Nintendo Switch
We would like to inform that thanks to establishing cooperation with our colleagues from Ultimate Games, Agony will also be released in the Nintendo Switch version. The premiere is planned for the end of 2018.