Anyone who previously pledged or will pledge to any
tier and new backers who pledge to the BETA TESTERS tier will get
access to our beta test whether the funding is successful or not.
Thank you for all of your support!
Mother of Myth is an action role-playing game inspired by Greek and Roman mythology which puts the player into the heart of some of these classic stories. In this beautifully rendered 3D environment, you will learn how to be a rhapsodist, a hero who harnesses the power of spirits to defeat enemies and help save your village. Based on story-driven quests, you will explore a large variety of dungeons where you will have to fight against mythological beasts and discover the hidden truth behind the myths and legends.
The core features of Mother of Myth are:
Having the option to use your favorite device to play Mother of Myth.
Jumping into engrossing battles and defeating epic mythological beasts.
Mastering non-stop swipe and combo attack skills.
Collecting deity skill cards and harnessing their powers.
Crafting and selling various items including weapons, armor, shields and helmets.
Getting stronger and teaming up with friends and competing against other players.
Mother of Myth will be free to play with in-app purchase options. The game will be available in English first, followed by more languages such as French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Indonesian, Turkish, Danish, Norwegian, Dutch, Swedish, and Thai. We have been working tirelessly for more than a year now and we have completed the basic game mechanics as seen in the video. We have some great content and we have also designed 17 beautiful dungeons. But before we add more features and systems to the game, we plan to beta-launch the game in an English-speaking country to get feedback on what we have created so far. If there are no problems found during the beta, we will launch the game globally and expand the game content through regular updates as well as expand the platforms we support from mobile to web browsers and even to smart TVs. Here is our target release dates and plans:
Schedule: October 2013
Platform: Android and iOS (each version may be released on the different dates)
Schedule: November 2013
Platform: Android and iOS
Language: English +
That’s right. We are preparing to release the beta version of Mother of Myth in a month. So if you BACK our project NOW, you will have EXCLUSIVE ACCESS to the game very soon! We are super excited to have the opportunity to hear your feedback! Help us improve the game with your thoughts and suggestions.
Since Playnery was founded in late 2011, we have committed ourselves to creating an advanced gaming experience that could change the gaming industry. We decided to build our own 3D multi-platform game engine so we could take advantage of the rapid advance in mobile technology and to also make sure we are not limited in terms of what we can do. Our team worked day in and day out to build our own game engine.
We have been truly lucky to have such an amazing team that could manage to simultaneously build a game engine and develop Mother of Myth in such a relatively short period. Since Mother of Myth has been our very first project, there is still so much more we want to include in the game.
Your pledge and support will help us market the game and invest more in games production before releasing Mother of Myth later this year. If this campaign is successful, it will also help us to expand the game with more maps and systems which include multiplayer, PvP modes and localization.
We are getting very close to turning our dream into a reality but it still might not happen without your help! So please support us by becoming a backer and help spread the word out there! We would be honored to have you as a part of our journey!
Our funding goal allows us to add more dungeons, deity skill cards, monsters and also multiplayer mode and PvP systems to the game. To do so, the money will be spent to hire more people to be involved in the production. Every additional dollar raised will go directly into the development and operation of Mother of Myth as well as to our awesome backer rewards.
In Mother of Myth, your journey begins in Elysium, a place known only to the souls of heroes and those chosen by the gods. After creating your character, you will be thrown into the middle of an epic war between the gods and titans while you try to save both your friends and the world. On your journey, you will encounter Calliope, a muse who bestows upon you the title of rhapsodist, and leads you through the world of Mother of Myth. As you unlock each dungeon, you will unravel the mythology of Acis and Galatea. During the course of the game, you will experience real-time tactical combat using critical skills and unique swipe combinations to defeat beasts. Here are a few screenshots of Elysium and a dungeon to preview.
1. Swipe & Slay your enemies
In battle, you can activate special attacks by using a variety of swipe patterns. When you face many enemies at once, you can select multiple targets by drawing attack lines around them. The controls are easy to pick up, intuitive, and responsive. You can also easily navigate around the world by tapping the screen. Here are screenshots of the slash and swipe combat system.
2. Summon the power of the gods
As a rhapsodist, you can summon special skills from the gods and goddesses including Zeus, Poseidon and Athena. You can collect up to 30 different deity cards that allow you to use special skills in the battle. These skills include AOE attacks, weapon enchantments, and healing abilities. The cards can also be enchanted or combined to make new types of cards.
3. Define your destiny as a rhapsodist
Mother of Myth has a deep character creation system that makes every experience unique. Not only can you personalize your appearance, you can also customize your rhapsodist's attributes by gaining experience points at higher levels. This adds to the replay value by creating new and more refined characters for a different gameplay experience. Here’s a deeper look at character creation and attribute selection based on the current version of the game. The menu and UI is still being improved.
4. Craft your own equipment
You can craft or enchant your own equipment with materials acquired from dungeons. Each piece of equipment will require a different material and have different crafting costs. You also have the option of selling the equipment that you crafted but no longer use. The crafting system is still under development, more detailed information will be shared with you soon!
5. Finding comrades and enemies
You won’t be the only rhapsodist in Mother of Myth. You will be able to find and make friends through an in-game helper recommendation system or by connecting with your Facebook account. Friends can support you in battle by lending their strongest deity skill in the game. There will be limits on how often you can borrow a person’s deity skill, so having more friends will give you access to more skills! On the other hand, if you want to test your skills as a rhapsodist, you can duel with other players as well. Currently, the helper and PvP systems are still under development, and we are excited to share more updates with you soon!
At Playnery, we believe a strong technological foundation is vital in developing revolutionary games. Mother of Myth's game engine was custom built by experienced engineers to render the beautiful 3D graphics and features in the game with great performance. The technology we use allows us to port the game to multiple platforms, and while it has already been developed we are continuously refining it to this day. The game will be optimized for touch game play to take advantage of the mobile platform. Having our own game engine allows us to both develop games faster with built-in game mechanics as well as stably operate multiplayer games both on the web and mobile.
To create an amazing game, we have put together an experienced team with a passion for playing and creating games. Everyone here at Playnery, from the CEO to the interns, have the drive to create and bring you a great game. Almost all of the members in the company have been working together for over 15 years. We worked together to develop & service massively multiplayer online role-playing games including Shining Lore and Rappelz. Playnery is an independent game development company founded by Henry Park. Prior to Playnery, Henry spent 8 years at Phantagram where he developed the 3D game engine ‘BLUE’ for games including ‘Kingdom Under Fire’ and ‘Forgotten Saga.’ After leaving Phantagram, Henry founded his first company nFlavor, the developer of free-to-play massively multiplayer online role-playing games in 2003.
Our talented sound director Sammy Kim wanted to share a little music he composed for the game. " The title of the piece is called 'The Warrior's Song'. It's one of the main soundtracks for Mother of Myth. I composed the song with an upbeat tempo and rhythm to make you feel like it's the beginning of a journey. I hope that this piece invigorates and awakes the hero inside!" -- Sammy Kim
• Credits on Website: All backers’ names will be listed on the Mother of Myth website.
• Access to Backers Only Forum: All backers from the Tirones tier will have access to an exclusive forum where you can give feedback and help improve the game experience!
• Exclusive Set of Stickers: Added to the Munifex tier ($7) and up. You will receive two types of Mother of Myth stickers which can be placed either on your phone, tablet, or laptop.
• Beta Access: Added to the Munifex tier ($7) and up. You will have access to the game during our beta test. You will be the first to explore Mother of Myth and give us your valuable feedback! The beta might not launch simultaneously on all platforms and devices.
• Backers Only Deity Skill Card: Added to the Discens tier ($15) and up. You will receive a special deity card containing a skill we will give only to our backers.
• Exclusive Button Badge: Added to the Discens tier ($15) and up. You will receive a button badge to show that you have backed our project on Kickstarter!
• Downloadable Soundtrack: Added to the Discens tier ($15) and up. MP3 files of the game soundtrack will be provided for download.
• Backers Only Wings of Glory: Added to the Immunes tier ($25) and up. You will receive decorative wings designed only for backers. The wings can be worn on top of any gear.
• Downloadable Script Book: Added to the Immunes tier ($25) tier and up. You will receive a digital version of the game script about the story of Acis and Galatea that you can preview and review.
• Game Art Postcards: Added to the Immunes tier ($25) and up. You will receive two postcards beautifully designed with the game art.
• Downloadable Art Book: Added to the Optio tier ($50) and up. You will receive a digital high quality version of the game art book.
• Redeem Code (Early Bird Special): Added to the Optio tier ($50) and up. You will receive bonus redeem codes that allow you to purchase virtual items in the game.
• Exclusive Print Poster: Added to the Primus Pilus tier ($100) and up. You will receive an awesome A2 sized poster that you can hang on your wall!
• Special Credits On Game Prop: Added to the Primus Pilus tier ($100) and up. Your name will be listed in a special dungeon in the game.
• Exclusive T-Shirt: Added to the Primus Pilus tier ($100) and up. You will get an exclusive T-shirt designed specifically for backers.
• Printed Art/Script Book: You can choose to receive either an art book or a script book in the Praefectus tier ($500), while you can receive both in the Tribunes tier ($1,000). A printed art book contains many pieces of game art created during the development process, while the printed script book contains the game script as well as development notes.
• Ending Credits In Game: Added to the Tribunes tier ($1,000) and up. You will be listed in the game’s closing credits.
• Printed Art/Script Book: You can choose to receive either an art book or a script book in the Praefectus tier ($500), while you can receive both in the Tribunes tier ($1,000). The printed art book contains many pieces of game art created during the development process, while the printed script book contains the game script as well as development notes.
• Name Your Own Deity Skill Card: Added to the Tribunus Laticlavius tier ($5,000) and up. We will place your name or words of your choosing (subject to approval) on a Deity card in the game for all to see.
• Name a Dungeon: Added to the Tribunus Laticlavius tier ($5,000) and up. We will place your name or words of your choosing (subject to approval) on a dungeon in the game for all to see.
• Exclusive Game Figure: Added to the Tribunus Laticlavius tier ($5,000) and up. An exclusive figurine of an in-game monster or Acis himself.
• Private Party: Added to the Legatus Legionis tier ($10,000). An invitation to the private launch party to celebrate the release of Mother of Myth in San Jose, California. Backer must pay for travel to San Jose but other expenses including hotel and transportation will be covered by us for two people.
• Associate Producer Credit in Game: Added to the Legatus Legionis tier ($10,000). You will be listed as an associate producer in the game’s closing credits.
Risks and challenges
Although we have made great progress so far with our experienced team, we still have some ways to go to make this a truly epic game. Mother of Myth offers much greater content depth with better graphics compared to the average role-playing game in the current mobile game market, and also supports many different operating systems and devices. Considering this is the first game being developed with our in-house game engine, there might be unforeseen issues when we release the game. Therefore, we plan to focus on the mobile platform first before we expand to other game platforms with our multi-platform friendly game engine. There is a possibility that we will not extend the game to other platforms if there isn’t a large enough demand for it.
For mobile devices, we have successfully tested and have confirmed that we can provide the identical game experience both in iOS and Android, but we may not be able to support every OS or lower-end devices in the beginning. Even so, we will try to support as many devices as we can.
Our goal is to develop and launch high quality games that people can easily access and play. We will not stop experimenting and exploring new ways to make our games as fun as possible, and with your help we can make our dreams a reality.