move it is a deck of cards filled with fun Pilates-based movements designed to get your family moving, playing and developing body awareness together.
What's in the Box?
- 52 playing cards divided into four movement categories (suits)
- 48 pre-designed moves
- 4 what's your move cards
- 2 anatomy cards
- 1 posture card
- 1 how-to-read card
- 1 welcome sheet with game instructions
You can play with one, two, three or all four categories in a game.
move it also comes with informational cards to help kids and their friends learn about anatomy and posture. Parents can also learn alongside their kids using these cards.
What's on a Playing Card?
Each playing card comes with kid-friendly illustrations. Visual imagery and cue on the front tap into kids' creative minds for the move.
Step-by-step instructions and figures on the back help players learn and apply alignment techniques for good form.
Gradually, players will get better at sensing body and alignment in space and improve body awareness. Each move has a designated difficulty level and point value. Some moves come with a sound bonus which gets everyone silly and laughing. It takes courage to be silly with others. Thus, players get one bonus point for throwing caution to the wind and stepping out of their comfort zone.
How to Play?
move it is light and travels easily for indoor and outdoor play. All you need is some cushioned surface (play mats, grass, yoga/Pilates mats, or carpet), a willing body and an open mind.
Like playing a deck of cards, you can play competitively with Deal and Move, where each player performs the moves on their own cards, or collaboratively with Follow the Leader, where players take turns to follow and lead. Players can partner up for Copy Cat and learn to work together while moving and having fun.
You can also come up with your own games such as "Moving Statues" (as pictured below).
Kids often make up games once they're familiar with the cards.
The goal of move it is to have fun and make connections while moving:
- body and mind
- self to self (body awareness)
- self to others (friends, parents, grandparents, caring adults)
- self to nature (real if played outdoors / imaginary if played indoors)
Players (kids, parents, grandparents, friends, neighbors) learn, play and create lasting memories together.
What are the Benefits?
Why move it?
move it is a labor of love. It grew out of a desire to help kids and their families develop body awareness and healthy movement habits in a technologically advanced world where much of a day’s work no longer requires one’s body to move much.
More than ever before, parents are faced with challenges of getting their kids outside - to play and move, like the way kids used to only one generation ago. Amongst these challenges are the attractiveness of all sorts of media on a variety of available screens. The motto of “anytime, anywhere” has not only changed the way people work, it has changed the way people interact and play.
Through move it parents can plant seeds of body awareness and healthy movement in their kids while modeling that behavior. Parents can easily start a game of move it any time they feel the urge to get everyone up to wiggle, bend, stretch, and breathe!
Why Play It Fit?
What Did Our Testers Say?
- "It was really easy to play the game for the first time because the cards were so detailed. It was still challenging. My favorite part of the game was the 'what's your move' cards. Playing the game made me feel relaxed and my body felt stretched out." ~Alisha, 3rd grader
- "It was really fun!" ~Dylan, 3rd grader
- "Yes, we like all the moves! I never got frustrated with the game and sometimes I do with other games because I don't understand how to play or they need a parent to be able to play or help. I could play this with my sister and we both would like it and have fun together." ~Priya, Kindergartener
- "They were soooo fun!! They made me feel energetic, happy and peaceful. I can't wait to do more!" ~Serena, 3rd grader
- "I really liked doing new and cool things with my body." ~Ashton, 2nd grader
- "I'm always on the lookout for feel-good family-based activities that inspire better flexibility. Since I'm trying to avoid unnecessary use of my devices, I desire an exercise tool that requires no power supply. My first impression of the move it cards was how thoughtfully illustrated they were. Not only is there a playful visual representation of the movement, but each card includes written step by step instructions—easy for both a parent and a child to understand. My 7-year-old daughter loves how each card includes spirited directions such as, 'tweet like a bird', and 'make a sound like rain'. She's now asking for her own mat!" ~Kirsten Campana, parent with 2 kids
- "I think this is fabulous and I would totally keep a deck in the car for car trips." ~Abby Stucker, mom of 3
- "The collaboration and interaction between adults and kids. Lots of fun and productive. :) We would definitely use it in our family." ~Kelly Garner, mom of 4
- "Combines high values all in one - family time, movement, and play. I LOVE IT! Visual cues appeal to both adults and kids, along with word description of how the move should look (ie like a rainbow or dolphin). So fun!" ~Jenny Chang, mom of 3
Special Thanks to:
- Gabe Kronstadt, for his steady love and support, practical advice, and refined and tireless editing.
- June Chang, DC-based artist for her creative illustrations, steadfastness, and patience.
- Andrew Tokuda, Bay Area videographer with a great eye for capturing brand essence.
- Jenna Christina, San Jose-based photojournalistic style family photographer who captures the realness of life.
- Parents and kids that gave their time and energy to try move it and give valuable feedback.
- Family and friends who have been a sounding board, provided advice, and supported the development and marketing process along the way.
Risks and challenges
The cards have been designed, prototyped and tested. They are ready for production. After much research we've selected a US-based board game manufacturer with extensive experience in producing game products and has delivered on multiple Kickstarter projects. We've also spoken with other Kickstarter creators to understand challenges that may arise and worked to minimize possible risks.
We have a clear understanding of production steps and lead time from our manufacturer. We will update you every step of the way and do everything we can to ensure prompt delivery of MOVE IT to your doorsteps.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)