Living, modular, sculptural 21st century terrariums for discovering new ways to interact with plants. Read more
This project was successfully funded on June 30, 2012.
Week 3: 176 Backers, 56% funded, and we have 15 days to go! Wow!
We are building so much momentum and want to thank you for joining us on this amazing journey. We've received so many comments from you guys and would love for you to share them in public by posting them on our Kickstarter page too.
We’re so excited by the campaign progress to date, check out some of our key milestones for the week:
- We’ve raised $14,171—that’s 56% of our target goal of $25k.
- We have more than 175 backers (177 as of this update).
- Inhabitat, a well-known blog focused on green design, posted a story about us. Other blogs that mentioned us this week include Design You Trust, NOTCOT, Prosthetic Knowledge and Networked Performance.
- On Wednesday 13th, we hosted some members of the press, academics, New York friends and backers in a sneak peek of the installation in Soho. For those of you who came out in support—thank you! Check out a time-lapse video of our installation setup we made at the bottom of this post.
- We got featured in the Kickstarter home page this thursday as the Project of the Day—thank you Kickstarter!
- Our friends at Lost Weekend will have a few of our landscaped light frames on display in their façade starting this weekend. If you’re in the Lower East Side, make sure to stop by to see them in person. 45 Orchard bet. Grand & Hester streets.
We have some other exciting news lined up for next week, so stay tuned for more updates.
We are so grateful to all of you who have supported us with donations and/or spreading the word—THANK YOU! We could not do this without your generosity and contributions. Remember that this is an all or nothing campaign, if we don't achieve our goals, rewards cannot be granted and we don't receive a penny to produce this project either.
This is to say that we have 15 days left to raise the remaining $11k—we know we can do this. Please help us just a little bit more in some of these ways:
Tweet about us—it's easy, just copy and paste this tweet:
Support this Kickstarter project: Plant-in City, 21st Century modular terrariums http://kck.st/KI6XMI @plantincity
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PlantInCity
Upgrade your pledge: if you'd like to get an upgraded reward Kickstarter let's you do that easily.
Or just tell your friends in person or by email—specially those who may like to support plants, art or technology.
Huy, Carlos and Jon