This is a Kickstarter for a video game. Do you not know what a Kickstarter is? Maybe you do and you just don't know what a video game is? Or maybe you're wondering what kind of game this is. Either way, I'm going to make this section completely useless and not answer any of those questions. CHECK OUT THESE LINKS!
To put it simply, you're a treasure hunter. You want to know what's at the end of that mysterious path into the woods? Well, you'll never know unless you go check it out. It's probably some cool fire sword with the power to melt other fire swords.
The game is completely open, with four different "worlds" for you to explore. With each world being accessible through the main hub city.
There are two distinct genres that define "Warp". The first is the shoot-your-way-through, twin-stick shooter genre. The second is the think-your-way-through, point-and-click adventure genre.
Well, if you read my last section, you'll know I mentioned a hub world. There will be a city in the center of the four maps with many a thing to do.
For example, you can:
- buy a house
- play at the arcade
- converse with city folk
- go shopping
- trade your stuff
- add treasure to your collection
- demolish crime syndicates
- become cow (not real cow)
I should note. This is all side content.
Oh my. How forward of you. My name is PizWiz. I've been a game developer for 63 dog years. (That's approximately 52 cat years.)
I've worked on several projects in the past and I have made many game-jam games. (I would not recommend playing too many of them as a lot of them are old and garbage.) Here are some reviews from them:
- " What? I don't... what?" - Popnpepper
- "Voice acting and art style 11/10. Egg of the year!" - SnailSpace Games
- "a true work of art." - PkBiggums
- "This was litterally hillarious at every turn of the game" - Wraithious
The one notable project I want to mention is my game "Bowler" which is mysteriously connected to "Warp." Here's what critics had to say:
- "With the addition of simple art style, the game is really something different from the others. A very original presentation of a surreal world." - Indiependent
- "Could you make an option to give you money thank you" - rygzengrho
- "You used drugs to make this game." - Dave10
- "Awesome game, great art, music, and overall atmosphere." - Spikely
Yeah. We sure do. It ain't the biggest team, and some members may have just cobbled into the project, but it's an all-star team nonetheless. Let's break it down.
- We got PizWiz, the creator, the head, the mastermind, all around cool dude / TWITTER /
- We got NAME-REDACTED to help us with marketing
- We got NAME-REDACTED to help with some writing
- And, we got a couple of Alpha tester's on board to help us out
Check out this awkward video I made that further explains the Reward Tiers:
Check out these pics of the mug. It's actually pretty cool looking. If I do say so myself.
CHECK OUT THE LOW QUALITY JPEG STRETCH GOALS! WOW! I LOVE THE COMPRESSION!
Wow what a low quality photo. Who took this? Probably you.
Risks and challenges
Well fellas, this is a video game. We all know the risks and challenges that come with those; late releases, company drama, terrorism, the stock market crash, and motion controls.
But, do not fret! We already have the design documents for pretty much the entire game and the code just needs to be put in its place! The most risky thing about this is us not feeling like the game is up to our standards come the release date and it gets held back a month or two.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)