With the Thanksgiving break approaching, we thought it might be a good time to whet your holiday appetite with a few snippets of news...
First, we’re working on a very cool new build which should be available next week:
Weapons Aplenty v0.5.0
- Item inventory system
- Weapon and item system with examples of all 11 weapon families — Swords, Hammers, Flails, Bows, Guns, etc. Note that this will be a slim early version of the full weapon randomization system.
- Updated and expanded controls and mechanics — pick up and drop items, etc.
- Revised and improved Shield Dash mechanics
- Remappable bindings for keyboard and controllers
- Native cross-platform controller support — including XBox 360, PS3, and PS4 controllers, and more to come.
- And more!
Second, if you’re not already following us on Facebook and Twitter, we would encourage you to do so! We’ve been posting daily-ish updates and bits of Delvers lore. For instance, did you know that in the world of The Drop, a cult of Murk worshippers seek to understand the mysteries of Murk poisoning? Or that Slimes are barely-sentient blobs of spoil bile that seek out and break down any matter they find?
If these updates have you asking questions, there’s a whole load of discussions you can participate in on the Pixelscopic Forums! We answer a lot of questions there, and even bounce ideas back and forth, like what to name one of the world’s races.
Don’t forget that we stream at least once a week on our Twitch channel, on Wednesdays at 3pm CST.
And finally, for our physical rewards backers at tiers $40, $60, and above, here is a little taste of the postcard that will be coming your way very soon!
Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!