iOS, Android, OUYA !!!
We know this is the update many of you have been waiting for! We're pleased to present:
Onward to the details!
iOS & Android
After doing some more research, talking to other developers, and looking into the details, we now have a solution for mobile distribution.
We’re happy to announce that iOS and Android versions will be included for all backers at the Pre-Order tier ($15) and higher when they are released in February 2014!
Special thanks to backer TouchGameplay for pointing us toward a ton of helpful information that helped make this happen!
We’ve mentioned in our F.A.Q. that we intend to release on Ouya at some point. After receiving a lot of interest asking about the Ouya, we decided to take a more in-depth look at what would be required to port our engine to the Ouya. After some further research, we are confident that we can deliver an Ouya version simultaneously with the iOS and Android versions in February 2014.
All backers at the Pre-Order tier ($15) and higher will also get the full Ouya version of the game!
Supporting as many platforms as possible (and as seamlessly as possible) has been a central principle in our development philosophy. While we cannot facilitate the buy-once-play-everywhere model once the game is at retail, we can facilitate it here via Kickstarter and reward all of you for coming on board to help us finish development at this early stage. So to summarize:
At the Pre-Order tier ($15) or higher you will get:
- PC / Mac versions in October 2013
- iOS, Android, and Ouya versions in February 2014
- Linux version in 2014 (or at launch in October 2013 if our stretch goal is met)
We think that’s a pretty awesome deal and hope many of you are excited about it too!
*Notes, aka Fine Print:
- We will not have Alpha or Beta access for iOS / Android / Ouya. Backers will receive these games upon release in February.
- Any exclusive content you receive via your pledge at any level(s) will grant you that content on any/all devices of your choice. However, you may have to download these items separately per device. (This is still being determined).