[video: Matteo Bertoli (http://matteobertoli.me)]
[audio: "RSPN" by Blank & Kytt (http://blankkytt.bandcamp.com)]
Risks and challenges
We’re doing great!
The best part: The product already EXISTS!
Relio has undergone 2+ years of development and we already shipped a bunch of units to early supporters.
100% positive feedback, no returned items and we have been overwhelmed by huge demand (and blog featuring) in early 2015!
..being young (26yr old) and eager, we found out we were not ready to handle thousands of sales.
Early units were assembled in-house by the founder, at night.
Thousands of emails asking for a way to buy Relio laid in our mailbox, to no avail.
While this is acceptable for custom-made, low yield niche products, we think Relio - and its customers - deserve a better treatment, which consists of a more reliable process of production, assembling, pre- and post-sales customer support.
This Kickstarter® campaign will help us bootstrapping the project “the proper way”.
- securing relationships with producers for critical components (light source, electronics and lenses)
- increased brightness by +10%
- increased MTBF from 20.000 to 50.000 hours (!!!)
- TIR lenses are now differentiated between selected CCT to achieve uniform patterns across the whole product range
- external anodisation is now stronger and more durable
- completed reliability and durability test for electronics and LED light source
- production process is now 100% standardised
- product has been thoroughly validated on-field
(STILL) OPEN CHALLENGES:
- obtain required funds to automate production process
- hire professionals to closely follow the QA phase
- buy tools to make some in-house processing
- improve our distribution network
- hire many cool guys to speed-up our helpdesk
- find more efficient shipping outside Europe
- make a more intelligent packaging case
We consider the risks for you, pledgers, being fairly low.
The finite product is already in our hands, has been tested by professionals and used on-field for months.
We already run a small production batch with industrial standards.
We have now formed a Team comprising engineers, marketing guys, developers, media managers, filmmakers and part suppliers.
We have patented the design, won a prestigious international design award in April 2015 (see above), tested electronics reliability and product mechanical strength for months.
We are very, very positive, and - take this as a promise - deliveries will be on-time.
There’s little that could go wrong, and nothing of that will stop us, because we tried to do as much as possible **before** starting the campaign, so we have already gathered a considerable amount of experience.
This is the best we could do, and (we think) the fairest towards you.
Now it’s YOUR TURN.
Supporting us gives us a chance to continue building the things we love, for the ones who care, with the greatest passion of all.
Our philosophy will always be the same: simplicity and functionality above all.
Because, sometimes, *less* is *more*.
- (31 days)