Pimax 8K M1 Prototype Closed Beta
Only those who spend hours a day in the virtual world and have tried out all types of headsets are eligible to claim what the best VR experience is.
We are glad to have a community full of such enthusiasts - many of you have witnessed the evolution of the home computer and consumer VR, even the early wave of VR headsets back in the 90's.
Like in all emerging industries, enthusiasts play a crucial role in pushing the boundaries of VR. In fact, the inspiration of Pimax 8K stems from the interactions amongst enthusiasts in the Pimax community. For the last two years, many of you have been contributing thoughts and feedback based on your experience with 4K, (and other headsets), which in turn has allowed us to build and shape 8K.
We are about to start a round of closed beta testing for the Pimax 8K M1 prototype. The goal is to have some of you to test the prototypes from both professional and enthusiast's perspective and let the Pimax team know how the experience matches up to your expectations. All feedback, suggestions for minor tweaks, and of course your time, is greatly appreciated!
A tester should meet the criteria as below:
- Pimax 8K Kickstarter backer
- Trusted community leader, professional reviewer, or both
There will be around ten testing units in total, to account for availability of headsets and manageability of the program. We have eight testers on board so far. The testers are recommended by Pimax community members in the forum: forum.pimaxvr.com. They have already started to contribute thoughts to us in terms of how to improve the testing process, and how to make the community satisfied with the final product.
Here are the steps for the closed beta:
1. We will email the chosen testers to confirm their participation;
2. We will start shipping to the testers as soon as M1 testing units are ready;
3. Testers inform Pimax team when they have received the units. Shortly after, we will announce the testers in the forum;
4. Testers answer a standardized questionnaire from Pimax team - the questionnaire will let you know what stage to complete it at during testing and when to have it finished by;
5. Testers join the closed discussion and communicate with Pimax team - Login details for the closed forum will be shared alongside the questionnaire;
6. Testers agree on a release date that allows all testers to have time to organize the reviews - this can take place in the forum;
7. After the testing period is over and we head into the release day, testers can now answer questions, engage in the open forum with the rest of the Pimax community about M1 and their experiences.
We are now at the stage of trial assembly and testing in-house, testing is a very crucial step that we are taking seriously! After testers receive the units, the team will have an in-depth discussion with them to evaluate the experience as a whole.
For Pimax 8K updates and discussions - forum.pimaxvr.com
For you to chat and know each other better, we have created a closed facebook group 8K VR Club - http://bit.ly/8kvrclub
For any inquiries or questions regarding your order, please contact our support team - https://www.pimaxvr.com/en/support/
Stay tuned for the Pimax 8K pre-order campaign - http://eepurl.com/cCSair
The Pimax Team