$7,500 - Custom Private Room Table - Goal Met!
Thanks to local Missouri woodworking company BoardGameTables.com, if we hit $7500, we will order a custom Adventurer table for our Private Room. The table will fit up to 8, and will be perfect for anything from Sushi Go Party to getting the D&D crew together and raiding the Dragon's hoard!
$10,500 - Game Trayz for Swag Packages and above
Thanks to local St. Louis thermoforming company Game Trayz, if we hit $10,500, all backers at the Swag Level ($70) and above will also receive two Treasure Trayz (one with the Game Trayz logo and one with the custom Pieces logo). Game Trayz also creates awesome custom inserts for many popular games, so check them out!
What is Pieces?
Pieces is a bar meets cafe meets casual dining venue that has a vast library of board games for play. Stay as long as you like and play as many games as you want. Pieces is for everyone! It’s a perfect place for a first date or a 30th date; for meetup groups that need a fun and interactive venue; for families who can never seem to agree on an activity that everyone can enjoy; for friends who want to go out but not scream at each other over loud music; for adult-kids who want to replay the classics; and for dedicated gamers who want to set up shop for hours. We have a game for everyone!
What am I backing?
A fully planned, funded, and ready to roll Board Game Bar and Cafe! We'll continue to update this section as we progress - since we launched the Kickstarter, we have met the following milestones:
- A signed lease for a restaurant space in Soulard, right next to the Farmer's Market. Check it out!
- Acquired hundreds of board games. Take a look at out our live list, and feel free to put in a request if we're missing one of your favorites!
- Added a Full-time General Manager and Kitchen Manager/Chef to our team.
- Hired an Attorney to begin our permitting processes. Our attorney predicts that we should have all permits obtained by December 2016.
- Hired an Accountant who has set up our operating account and payroll.
If you're fully funded, what does my pledge pay for?
Supporting local businesses! Every dollar earned from our Kickstarter will go towards ALL of the following:
- Working with Missouri woodworkers to create sturdy handcrafted tables, including a professional-quality gaming table for our private room made by none other than www.boardgametables.com (Thanks for helping us to hit Stretch Goal #1!)
- Purchasing our bar and kitchen equipment from a St. Louis restaurant owner.
- Supporting other tabletop game Kickstarters. What better way to fill our library and pay the love forward?
- Acquiring the rest of our board game library from a St. Louis tabletop game distributor.
- ...and last but not least, bringing you awesome swag and reward packages!
That's all. Your hard-earned money will find its way right back into the community where it belongs.
What can I expect when I arrive?
Pieces will be staffed with helpful and friendly “Game Navigators.” Need help picking out a game? Setting up a game? Understanding the basic rules? They’ve got you covered! Prefer to tackle all those things on your own? No problem! We love self-starters! But don’t brush away the Navigators too quickly, because they are also there to serve cold craft beers, wine, specialty cocktails, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, soda, and food to your heart’s content! For more information, please see the FAQ section of our website.
What kind of food will you have?
We believe our pictures speak 1,000 words, so come have a look at our menu! Update: We’ve hired our Kitchen Manager/Chef, and he’s already hard at work coming up with more delicious ideas. Stay tuned for more information!
If you're not located in St. Louis and are unable to use our drink/food passes or membership, let us know and we'll work with you to help figure out an awesome swag package!
Level One - Internet Famous! $5 or more
Level Two - Box Envy! - $10 or more
Level Three - King for a Day! - $30 or more
Level Four - Pieces Member! - $50 or more
Level Five - Swag Alert! - $70 or more
Level Six - Invitation Only! - $100 or more
Level Seven - Wall Envy! - $150 or more
Level Eight - Lifer Status! - $500 or more
Level Nine - Private Party for 10! - $1000 or more
Level Ten - Name our Private Room! - $1500 or more
Risks and challenges
While we have budgeted enough to squeak by, any funds that are graciously donated via this Kickstarter will be of immense help!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)