@Grant Muir, @Scott D, @Steven, @Lars, @Larry Gilman
We understand that we have not published the updated schedule and apologize for that. Now we are reviewing the progress, assessing the obstacles and agreeing a framework for action to meet our targets. So, in the next update we will provide information.
Thank you for the kind words!!!
We are very sorry for the delay and thank you for the understanding. Now we are reviewing the progress, assessing the obstacles and agreeing a framework for action to meet our targets. So, in the next update we will provide information.
David, thank you for the comment. Communication will be improved.
To answer your question, outside funding affects the cost of the product, that will provide an opportunity to produce our product at much lower cost than it is now. As a result, it will give an opportunity to produce a bigger initial batch and work with a large number of distributors.
Thank you for the update Picolor. Although I am disappointed I cannot give this as a Christmas gift this year, I understand delays. I agree with the other backers a new predicted delivery date would have been appreciated. The fact that you've had this same comment several times for over a week and we have not heard a response from you concerns me. Please update your investors with a predicted delivery date as soon as possible.
One of your first backers.
Didn't think it would be on time, but communication must improve. In addition, as noted below, please provide clarity on what you are seeking outside funding for and how that could impact the timeline. Is the remaining timeline dependent on securing that funding?
I never expected this project to ship on time as it’s incredibly ambitious - I just hope that you guys don’t give up! Keep up the great work :)
Keep on keeping on, and as others have said more frequent updates really really helps your backers!!
Agree with my fellow backers below. Make a "worst case scenario" timeline, as realistic / specific as you can. Thanks.
As others have written, and as I wrote on your last update, delays are fine.
The biggest problem is that here we are a month before when it was supposed to be shipped and it seems quite clear you aren't even in pre-production, and this is our first communication of that.
You need to get out in front of these date changes. Don't do a monthly update saying, "We're slipping again". Figure out a pessimistic timeline and let us all know what that new timeline is. Next summer? Fine, but let me know soon. Next Christmas? Fine, but let me know soon.
But slippage with no details simply erodes our trust, especially when you make it sound like finances are an issue ("...attract additional funding outside the site.").
I get the impression that this will take a long time.
I second Grant's comment. I honestly knew you'd miss your delivery date. But it is very unclear about how much delay we are to expect. Delays are fine. It goes with developing something new. But I found the update very vague and confusing.
How much longer is a bit longer, a month, 6 months, a year? Your update is very unclear about what we should expect.
I'm not bothered by delays, I am bothered by lack of detail.