Harmony revives the spirit of raw military combat during world war 2 in an authentic and realistic way
Harmony revives the spirit of raw military combat during world war 2 in an authentic and realistic way Read more
About this project
Dig your hole in the Ardennes, resist the desert fox in Africa, defend your side of the Rhine with your Russian comrades, save your ass through the bullet hell of Pearl Harbor, lead your platoon through the Pacific ... or prevent the Allies from invading Normandy, make your way through Stalingrad and defend Berlin until you are the last man standing.
We are proud to present you the first single-player WW2 game where you can actually choose sides per mission. Be an Axis or an Allies and find your way into authentic warfare with an unique portion of realism.
The game will provide 23 missions, brought with historical preciseness :
- Invasion of Poland (Poland vs Axis/Soviet)
- Winter War (Soviet vs Finland)
- Operation Weserübung (Norway/Denmark vs Axis)
- Battle of France Part 1 : Fall Gelb
- Battle of France Part 2 : Fall Rot
- Battle of Britain : The Blitz (Air attacks)
- Operation Barbarossa (Axis vs Soviet)
- Operation Typhoon (Axis vs Soviet)
- Pearl Harbor (Japan vs US)
- Battle of Midway (Japan vs US)
- Stalingrad (Axis vs Soviet)
- El Alamein (Allies vs Axis)
- Operation Watchtower (Japan vs US)
- Operation Avalanche (Allies vs Italy)
- D-Day Normandy (Allies vs Axis)
- Operation Bagration (Soviet vs Axis)
- Battle of Leyte Gulf (Japan vs US)
- Operation Market Garden (Allies vs Axis)
- Battle of the Bulge/Bastogne (Allies vs Axis)
- Battle of Berlin (Allies vs Axis)
- Operation Detachment (Japan vs US)
- Operation Iceberg (Japan vs US)
In Single-Player mode, all these missions are independent and allow you to pick a side. Depending on the mission you will defend your nation as Italian, Canadian, Belgian, French, German, Russian, British, Japanese, US or one of the many other nations involved in war.
Unique for the genre is the artificial intelligence component which actually measures and learns how good you are in the game (shot preciseness, tactics, mentality, attack and defend ability, problem solving just to name a few). Multiplayer clans will be able to scout potential members based on their AI capabilities and search their way through leader boards and send invitations in order to build that special balanced tactical elite group. Join special online MOH tournaments and make your way into the hall of fame. Battle with other clans and gain more prestige. The amount of available multiplayer battle maps are five per month. At the end of each month medals are handed over to the different teams leading the top of the board. On the last day of each month the Multiplayer missions for the next month will be revealed.
Without killing the excitement and going too much in details, here are some of the key features in a nutshell :
Gaming is all about being the fastest, smartest and the most precise. Whether you play in Single or Multiplayer mode, Harmony will put you on the edge of your chair and will push your skills to the max in order to survive.
You just don't play and fight. Each missions comes with authentic video footage and battle information. Learn why this operation was taking place and understand what you are fighting for. The Phantasia team takes battlegrounds serious, each basemap is built as accurate as possible, based on available historical maps. The aim of Harmony is to be a historic game, so there are no Nazi zombies, strange weapons or unusual events involved.
Motion capture (Mo-cap for short) refers to recording actions of human actors, and using that information to animate digital character models in 2D or 3D computer animation. We take it a little further. By making use of the newest performance capturing techniques, Harmony is one of the next generation games which will include true face mimic. No more strange unrealistic mouth movement during a conversation, no more smiling dying soldiers or strange hand movements.
Shoot with precise and make smart in-game decisions. All your actions are monitored and measured in our unique AI module. Improve your stats, make a virtual cv and get scouted by the best Multiplayer clans. Managing a clan, open up different vacancies and hire the best soldiers of the scene.
During battle, a platoon is in need of different profiles. Running a clan consisting purely of soldiers will fail your mission. You need a healthy balance of leaders, medics, engineers, snipers and infantry in order to make your mission work. Manage your clan with a clear mission and balanced roles and be the best of the leader board. Perform your role with glance and gain points while doing your job. Each clan has an online member board showing up detailed battle facts per profile.
No matter what game mode you're in, Harmony allows you to model your own character. Choose one of the 50 basic faces, face colors, hairstyles, attributes and so on. Change the nose, beard or add glaces and a mustache. Decide whether you wear your MOH medals from previous campaigns and battle in style. Due to its high level of customization, your clan members will be recognizable during combat.
Phantasia Entertainment will have its own private dedicated servers and decent backup servers in order to avoid and minimize potential downtime or delays while playing the game.
Harmony can be played in Single Player mode as well as Multiplayer Mode. In Single Player you choose which side you are on per mission. Missions can be played in random order. Depending on the chosen side different objectives need to be completed. Multiplayer is all about combined forces. Different missions and territories will be available on a monthly basis. During the year several maps can return, however they will return with different missions and objectives. This way you will never fight the same battles until the end of time.
Take your mind in single player mode into a true WW2 experience and play in the optional black and white mode!
We take our game modelling serious. An example was our previous bespoken motion capture. Base maps are crafted with the greatest care for authentic details. Single and Multiplayer missions will be played in random weather conditions.
Depending on the level of the amount, we offer a range of discounts, special items, in-game rewards and collectibles.
For backers not interested in a game purchase, but rather supporting the cause of a new young startup, we offer three levels of support. Rewards involve our melancholic theme soundtrack, 3D harmony wallpapers and some exclusives.
For the game enthusiasts we currently have five backer levels and two clan multi buys :
- You can find a detailed overview on the pledge section. Feel free to drop us a line in case of any questions or suggestions!
Developing an authentic historical game with great sense of realism takes time, a lot of time. Therefore we will not tempt ourselves in making false promises based on an unrealistic timeline. In case of a successful campaign our timeline draft is as following :
- Aug 16 : Company startup, licenses and legal matters
- Sept 16 : Investigation team : The start of four months of digging time into history : campaigns, facts, video footage, battle maps, trips, museums, technical weapon data and more. We already have quite a collection, but we can never have material enough. Creative team : Modelling Phase one : based on the material we have collected, start of the rough basemap modelling
- Jan 17 : Modelling Phase two : Eight months of intensive modelling
- Aug 17 : Beta demorelease and social testing of three to five demo maps for special backers.
- Sept 17 : Finishing
- Nov 17 : Pressing
- Dec 17 : Shipping and distribution
Note that this draft will be finetuned once the project gets grip on reality.
The total project estimated cost is 400 K.EUR, of which 200 K.EUR can or will be covered by the individual Phantasia Entertainment group members. This means that there is an additional need of 200 K.EUR for the project to lift off. Seeking this amount we are in the active search of creating a healthy balance of bank financing and social support by offering pre-sales. Social support delivers the necessary liquids but it also measures the interest in our unique game concept. In that sense we have decided to put a minimum funding amount of 25 K.EUR. Any result below this amount will cancel the project as we believe there is no sense in creating a product nobody is waiting for. Any amount above this target will result in an equal decrease for bank funding needs or personal funding. These words said this is the estimated cost breakdown for the total project :
- Company setup and legal operational cost : 2%
- Fees and taxes : 15%
- Infrastructure and licenses : 2%
- 24/7 Secured Server and backup services : 7%
- Research and travel : 4%
- Development : 65%
- Test and feedback, social support and presence : 1%
- Unexpected costs & slack : 4%
- Company Setup and legal operation cost : setup of Phantasia Entertainment, keeping the books
- Fees and taxes : Kickstarter fees and tax
- Infrastructure and licenses : cost of studio rental, development tools and historical footage.
- 24/7 Secured Server and backup services : the difference between a good game and a super game is the online gaming experience. Phantasia Entertainment will only work with the best server providers.
- Research and travel : since we live in the heart of the scene travel costs can be reduced to the minimum since no travels by plane are required. Research falls on getting our hands on technical documents, digging in historical archives and shopping for copies of correct land maps in order to make the game as authentic as possible.
- Development : All audio will be recorded from the real objects, even though most authentic sounds are available through libraries we plan to record a fair number of sounds ourselves. Other costs involve the months of modelling and 3D Motion track recording.
- Test and feedback : setup of the test environment and long long hours of crash-testing & keeping track of invaluable social involvement and input.
- Unexpected costs & slack : To keep it in war terms : our parachute...
As a young startup, we don't have the same ammo as the rulers of the game industry. Heavyweight companies like EA or Activision have the budgets to spend a zillion of dollars on man hours to prepare pre-made demos and super catchy trailers. We are just a bunch of human educated gamers, working a few years in the gaming industry, trying to put up a new entertainment company for the other gamers out there. In that respect we need to start somewhere, seeking for a budget to start our joint efforts from. We do hope that our backers share our enthusiasm and give us the chance to prove that normal friends as we all are can actually put a foot next to those large multinationals.
Risks and challenges
- The development takes longer than expected / Unproper time plan
We stretched the development over a period over 14 months, which should be enough. However there are always unexpected (both professional and private) delays which might interfere the output target date. It is the aim of the Phantasia group to report timely on proceedings and being transparent on any potential problems or resolutions.
- Getting stuck in research
Our game needs to be historically complete. However we realize that there are boundaries in amount of research and taking the time to do this job. We have set a timeline for 4 months on this task.
- Underestimate social feedback
Your voice is our ear.
- Getting stuck in budget and costs
As explained in our story, we will only go through with the project when there is a general interest in our concept. The concept has been calculated and measured in many ways, giving enough slack and budget for the project to succeed. When the Kickstarter target is reached we believe that the game will keep the calculated boundaries.
In general, reading through the Kickstarter basic agreement :
"It's not uncommon for things to take longer than expected. Sometimes the execution of the project proves more difficult than the creator had anticipated. If a creator is making a good faith effort to complete their project and is transparent about it, backers should do their best to be patient and understanding while demanding continued accountability from the creator."
As a new founded young company it is the mission of the Phantasia Entertainment group to deliver quality, therefore we fundamentally agree and support this vision.
Support this project
- (25 days)