The Golden Quills (Canceled)
The Golden Quills (Canceled)
Children's books authors; Starsi, Raavin, Maddie and Kaylie are brought together by magic. They must work together or lose everything.
Children's books authors; Starsi, Raavin, Maddie and Kaylie are brought together by magic. They must work together or lose everything. Read more
Starsi, Kaylie, Raavin and Maddie are strangers who have something special in common. They write children's books for Boom Cherry. Starsi is the most successful. Each book in her popular series, The Grunting Gang, has been turned into a movie. She expects no less for the 10th and final book in the series.
Each of the four authors go through a short period in which they are blocked. Then one day, they each begin to write. Each of them is convinced that they are writing the next bestseller. Each of the authors work on their new project until they fall into a deep slumber. They awake to some peculiar circumstances.
Upon reaching our first milestone of $500, we will update with more details from the book.
(1) THE GOOD IN YOU: You are a humanitarian. You want to put a smile on someone's face, as well as your own.
(2) STARSI: She is a bit of a diva and does not know that she is a reincarnated queen. That alone screams, buy the book!
(3) KAYLIE: Teacher turned villain? How? Why? There's only one way to find out. You know what to do.
(4) RAAVIN: This popular writer has discovered the perfect disguise for venturing out to public places.
(5) MADDIE: Kaylie may be a villain, but Maddie Haynes' name hints that this woman was trouble from the day her parents first laid eyes on her. Here's a juicy tidbit for you: On the day that she was born, her hair was four inches long and she looked at her parents as if she wanted to ask a pressing question. She didn't ask because she wasn't sure what language they spoke. Oops! Did we just list a spoiler?
(6) CURIOSITY: We have given our protagonists personalities that are based upon how we see four famous authors. Can you guess who they are?
(7) DESIGN: This book has a beautiful purple background with pictures of pretty women on it. The pages are set in easy-to-read fonts with a layout to rival popular books in the same genre.
(8) YOU ARE A PART OF IT! All backers will be listed in the special hardcover print editions of The Golden Quills.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This book is appropriate for a broad audience. Its target audience is middle grade readers. We wrote it with hopes of putting a smile on as many faces as possible, starting with yours.
WHO IS HELPING?
Phaishonne Danzie, C. Fulsty and Trina Diakabanzila are the writers. Interior pictures for each chapter are created by Zie Art. We want to produce a high quality book. That is why we chose Print Ninja for hardcover copies.
WHAT ARE THE REWARDS?
If you're like most people, you want to SEE the rewards. Here you go.
May I have a Sneak Peek?
You certainly may. Phaishonne Danzie has created a look inside.
WHAT IS THE MONEY FOR?
The money goes into production costs of designing, editing and printing. Additional funds are needed to create a digital edition of the book for kindle and an audiobook. As members of IWDB, we are always looking to help others. If we exceed our goal, we have plans to move forward with a board game and part two of The Golden Quills. Your generosity can move boulders or mountains. It's all up to you.
Risks and challenges
There is always the element of risk when publishing a book. Thankfully, the three of us have prior experience and we know exactly which print-on-demand companies to turn to.
(1) We have taken into consideration that since it's a joint project, authors may not complete their writing assignments on time. That is why we waited until the book was written to launch our Kickstarter campaign. The book requires minimal editing, which will be done by a professional to ensure the highest quality.
(2) We have fully prepared for the chance that there could be a delay in printing. We use Print Ninja's print on demand services to ensure quality and on time delivery. The books will be complete and ready for distribution a month prior to the release date in January 2017.
- (60 days)