MEET THE PEEVES
Since its debut in February of 2016, audiences have fallen in love with the comic strip “Pet Peeves” and its stars, the Peeves family:
- CJ Peeves, the pop culture geek prone to obsessing over old movies, vinyl records and the private lives of superheroes -- and of course the happiness of his wife and kids, even if they don’t tend to understand his hobbies.
- Jasmine “Jazz” Peeves, the hard-charging corporate analyst and social justice warrior who’s also the ultimate college football fan and “Baseball Mom,” always out to introduce her kids to new life experiences -- when she’s not stressing about them growing up too fast.
- Sara Peeves, the budding junior high genius who never met a textbook she didn’t devour, a Broadway musical she didn’t memorize or a selfie she didn’t pose for.
- Freddy Peeves, the Little League baseball hero and off-season couch potato who doesn’t quite get his dad’s comic book sensibilities.
- And of course Bruce Springsteen Peeves, the family dog.
And now, finally, we’re collecting three years worth of Peeves family adventures into one paperback or e-book volume -- with your help!
WHAT YOU GET
Join our campaign and be among the backers who will help us produce the first pressing of “Pet Peeves,” the book, which we’ll be selling at special events, comics festivals and your favorite online retailer. Of course you’ll receive the book, more than 200 pages of Pet Peeves comic strips in glorious black-and-white, along with behind-the-scenes commentary on many of the best installments. But for a larger contribution you’ll have the chance to get Pet Peeves swag, an exclusive print, a personalized cartoon on the subject of your choice, or even to become a character in an upcoming strip! (See all your options in the column at right.)
“Pet Peeves” is family-friendly and has found an audience with parents and kids alike -- and would make for a great present this Mother’s Day or Father’s Day! (Let’s face it, how many fancy soaps and/or slippers can you give these people?)
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
We’ve been collaborating for decades, ever since our long-ago days as students at Tufts University. (Go Jumbos!)
Dave London, the artist, has since become an award-winning cartoonist and illustrator whose clients include the Wall Street Journal, the Saturday Evening Post and Reader's Digest.
Pete Chianca, the writer, writes a humor column, "At Large," that has been honored often by the New England Newspaper & Press Association and Gatehouse Media's "Best of Gatehouse" contest.
Our previous comic strip, "Grey Matter," ran in more than 100 community newspapers nationwide and in Canada. “Pet Peeves” is currently distributed by the More Content Now news service to more than 600 newspapers and news websites around the U.S. We also host the Strip Search comic strip podcast for GateHouse Media.
For strip samples, character bios, podcast episodes and more, visit PetPeevesComic.com.
Risks and challenges
Most of "Pet Peeves" the book is laid out and ready to go -- once the cover is done it will be ready for print! Please note that if you choose an option that includes a personalized cartoon, those will be shipped out separately from the book on a first-come, first-served basis. If you sponsor us at the highest level to become a character in "Pet Peeves," we will introduce that character within six months of the end of this campaign.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)