Frequently Asked Questions
You can check our "Perks" section and find the base perk closest to your interest. Then you can add the price of add-on items to your pledge amount during checkout. The add-on items can be the accessories or even another Bittle Kit. You can enjoy the early bird price for multiple Bittle kits as long as it's available. We know it because your order is put under the early bird's entry.
The system will add the shipping fee automatically. It will be the same as that of the base perk. We can combine your shipment, so you don't need to pay multiple shipping. The parcel will be heavier, but we can cover the increased cost! Make sure you take note of what you ordered. We will send out a survey to confirm with you for your add-on items.
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
Suppose you want to back a Bittle kit with a sensor pack.
1. Scroll down the perks column on the right side of the page and check the Bittle Kit (Early Bird) perk availability. It's for the earliest adopters and is even cheaper than the Bittle Kit (Kickstarter special).
2. Click on it.
3. Choose your shipping country to determine the shipping fee. If you choose the United States, you will see the pledge amount is set to $225, which's $195 for the early bird perk + $30 for shipping.
4. Since you want to add the sensor pack ($80), you can modify the amount to $305.
4. Click "Continue," then you will see the checkout page listing the items. The $80 of the sensor pack is listed as a bonus.
5. Confirm your payment.
6. We will send you a survey after the campaign to confirm what add-on item you are paying for. So make sure you take a note on that.
If you have already made a pledge but changed your mind, you can find the modification link on the page's top. Then you can adjust your pledge amount directly. You can also find the entry for modifications from your account management page.Last updated:
We have done tests on several non-technical guys. On average, they took one hour to assemble Bittle's frame. No soldering is required for the basic functionalities of Bittle. There are several moments that you need to be extremely careful to plug-in the cords in the right order and direction.
After building the hardware, you will need to learn some basics operations in Arduino IDE to calibrate the joints angles. It could be challenging. Once everything is set up, you can control Bittle with the included infrared remote. It's also possible to control it with a smartphone app after more setup.
Our collaborator, TinkerGen, will provide the graphical coding interface and corresponding programming curriculum for free. It's more for educational purposes.
Though you could treat Bittle as an RC car, most of the fun will come from coding and tinkering with the platform. Otherwise, it's like buying a Windows PC and just playing with its card games every day.Last updated:
The molds are already made so the color group is fixed. We will provide two themes: black+orange, and black+orange+blue. Both themes appeared in our demo videos and pictures. We will collect your preference in a survey after the campaign.Last updated:
No. The value of the add-ons has to be added to your pledge amount before the campaign ends. After the campaign, your credit card will be charged, and we will send out a one-time survey to confirm your add-ons. No further changes on the transactions can be made within Kickstarter, but we may have PayPal transactions out of the platform.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question