About this project
At the $42,000 milestone, EVERY backer that pledged $7 or more, will receive these bonuses:
- NAME IN THE END CREDITS
- 7 SONG SOUNDTRACK
- "KEEP CALM AND HIDE THE BODIES" 2X2 STICKER
- PDF OF THE SCREENPLAY
At the $45,000 milestone, EVERY SINGLE BACKER gets the digital copy of the film! Even if you put a $1 in - you WILL get the movie in digital form!
While our first Kickstarter didn't reach its goal, it did bring about a lot of positives, one of which being that we now have investors on board that are willing to finance our production budget (when we actually start filming, location costs, contracts, etc.) and we're in talks with a major distributor!
So for this campaign, we're looking to raise at least $40,000 to cover development and pre-production costs (deposits, securing cast & crew, above the line costs like story & script, etc.) and in the process we'll still get to have all of you involved on this film. Its a win-win situation! We also have stretch goals in place that will reward you guys with extra bonuses for coming on board and supporting this film!
Based on the Alterna Comics graphic novel by creator & writer Peter Simeti, penciler Kevin Christensen, and editor Erin Kohut - THE CHAIR follows the story of Richard Sullivan (to be played by Brian Thompson), an innocent man struggling to escape execution on death row. Witnessing the torture and murder of his fellow inmates at the hands of the prison's sadistic and psychotic Warden (to be played by Bill Oberst Jr.), Sullivan decides that the only way to survive is to fight back. But as he matches the savagery and brutality occurring in the prison, Sullivan is forced to come face to face with his own sanity.
Many strong themes are prevalent in the film, including domestic violence, child abuse, mental health care, the criminal justice system, and capital punishment.
A battle of nature vs. nurture, THE CHAIR is a dark and gritty psychological horror film without monsters, zombies, or vampires - a film that shows the capacity for good and evil that exists within all of us.
- Executive Producer Dan Griffin - Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever
- Director Chad Ferrin - Someone's Knocking at the Door, Unspeakable
- Composer Charles Bernstein - Nightmare on Elm Street, Cujo
- Director of Photography Akis Konstantokopoulos - From Within
- Production Supervisor Jill Maxcy - American Horror Story, Glee
- Production Designer Tim Eckel - Veronica Mars, Heroes
- Hair Stylist Lisa Meyers - Freaks & Geeks, Elvira: Mistress of the Dark
- Stunt Coordinator Paul Lacovara - Godzilla, Thor
- Gaffer David DeFino - Someone's Knocking at the Door
- Key Grip Anthony Ragonese - Desperate Housewives
- Backing this project for the first time? Click the "Back this Project" button to the right.
- Already pledged? Click the "Manage My Pledge" button to the right.
- Add the item amounts to your total... ... and Submit!
- When you've finished, click "Contact Me" and let us know which rewards you've added!
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thechairhorror
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thechairhorror
Official Tumblr: http://thechairhorror.tumblr.com
Press for THE CHAIR
Risks and challenges
If we hit our goal, this film WILL get made. It's really as simple as that.
Our goal is substantially less than it originally was because we now have investors backing this project. We need to raise the $40,000 minimum to get the ball rolling and unlock matching funds, prove that we have people that WANT to see this film get made, AND get you the awesome rewards we're offering up.
Now, there's always risks that come with any project, especially a film, but we're fairly confident we can deliver what we've promised AND some. As far as getting rewards out in the time frame as promised, we're also confident we can do that. We've got a very talented and capable team behind this film and we plan on delivering a high quality experience that you'll enjoy again and again.
So let's rock and roll! Thank you :)Learn about accountability on Kickstarter