“IF” - the word itself has helped to turn science fiction into science fact; making the impossible become possible.
As the founder and publisher of Alterna Comics, I've learned a lot in our almost 10 years in existence. Anthologies can provide such a diverse reading experience, even when they're focused on one subject or category. I'm proud to say that this anthology is the one I've been building up to and mapping out for 5 years: IF will be an annual comics anthology that will celebrate a different theme with every release.
Science Fiction is the theme for the book's debut and 15 stories of time, space, robots, virtual reality, technology gone wrong and right, and other tales from beyond will be told by 36 of the best up-and-coming creators in comics.
***In accordance with the $5000 and $6000 stretch goal, we are announcing the theme for the 2016 AND 2017 books which have been greenlit!
SUPERHUMANS (heroes/villains/every day people with newfound powers, etc.) will be the theme for 2016's IF anthology and you can pre-order both 2015 and 2016 books at the $45 reward level.
CRIME (mystery, suspense, thrillers that revolve around crime/murder/revenge/etc.) will be the theme for 2017's IF anthology and you can pre-order all THREE IF anthologies at the $65 reward level.***
- ADAM WOLLET (THE INITIATION, LETTERER)
- ALEX ECKMAN-LAWN (MOON, WRITER/ARTIST/LETTERER)
- BRANDON BARROWS (D IS FOR VICTORY, WRITER)
- BRANT FOWLER (APEX WAR, LETTERER)
- CANDICE WEATHERS (EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE, EDITOR)
- CASEY REECE (EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE, WRITER)
- CHAS! PANGBURN (BIG FOOT, LITTLE HOPE, WRITER/LETTERER)
- CHIP REECE (EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE, WRITER)
- CLAIRE BENSON (LOVE BY NUMBERS, EDITOR)
- DAN LAUER (LOVE BY NUMBERS, ARTIST)
- DAVID BRAME (TICKET HOME, ARTIST)
- DEKARA (LIFE IN THE GAME, LETTERER)
- DINO CARUSO (THE INITIATION; SMASH ATOM, WRITER)
- ERIC WEATHERS (EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE, ARTIST/LETTERER)
- ERICA J. HEFLIN (CLING; LOVE BY NUMBERS, LETTERER)
- FABIAN COBOS (ALONE, ARTIST)
- GARRETT SNEEN (AUTOMATA, WRITER/ARTIST/LETTERER)
- GEORGE ATHANASIOU (SMASH ATOM, ARTIST/LETTERER)
- GLENN MATCHETT (LOVE BY NUMBERS, WRITER)
- JAMES E. ROCHE (APEX WAR, WRITER)
- JON CLARK (CLING, WRITER/ARTIST)
- KENNY JEFFERY (ALONE, LETTERER)
- LOKI DEWITT (SHOWDOWN IN SPACE, WRITER)
- MARIANO LACLAUSTRA (BIG FOOT, LITTLE HOPE, ARTIST)
- MICHAEL MALKIN (LIFE IN THE GAME, WRITER)
- MIKE SALT (ALONE, WRITER)
- NIC J. SHAW (LIFE IN THE GAME, LETTERER)
- NOVO MALGAPO (LIFE IN THE GAME, ARTIST)
- PEEBO MONDIA (D IS FOR VICTORY, ARTIST)
- PETER SIMETI (IF ANTHOLOGY CONCEPT CREATOR, EDITOR)
- ROBERT MENEGUS (TICKET HOME, WRITER, LETTERER)
- SALO FARIAS (APEX WAR, ARTIST)
- SAM AGRO (THE INITIATION, ARTIST)
- TIM SHINN (IF ANTHOLOGY, COVER COLORIST)
- UGUR SERTCELIK (SHOWDOWN IN SPACE, ARTIST/LETTERER)
- ZACH BASSETT (SIGNS OF LIFE, WRITER/ARTIST/LETTERER)
The book is 100% complete and ready to go to print, which brings us to our next part...
All funds raised on our Kickstarter will go towards our print run and towards getting copies of the book to the creators involved. We have stretch goals planned so we can upgrade the quality of the book as well as fund anthologies for years to come.
Reaching our goal will allow us to do what we came here to do - fund the book's print run as well as allow us to create rewards and ship rewards to backers. With that said though, I really hope we can reach all of these stretch goals as it will allow us to create an even better book and it'll help us fund future IF anthologies.
The book will be released through Alterna Comics (FUBAR, the CHAIR, Novo, Lilith Dark, The Last West, Metaphase) and is planned to be in Diamond's September Previews with a November release date.
Distribution is secured for both the comics market and the book market. We also have world-wide digital distribution set up on comiXology, scribd, Kindle, Nook, Google Books, comicsfix, and more.
Risks and challenges
The book is entirely complete and ready to be sent to print as soon as this Kickstarter ends. There really are no risks on this project as we plan on making a large enough print run to fill all Kickstarter rewards, distribution orders, creator copies, and then some.
With 10 years of comic creation and publishing experience on a high level, I am fully confident that we will create an amazing book that everyone will enjoy.
Thank you for your time and we hope you'll consider helping to make this book a reality!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)