From the designer of Dracula's Feast, Hidden Panda is the world's cutest social deduction game. Each turn, players must try to hand baby pandas to their team: Bandits are trying to give them to other Bandits, while Pandas are trying to get them to the Panda team without giving their role away.
Watch the other players closely, and trust no-one! (Except Grandma. You can probably trust Grandma.)
The Panda Team (Pandas, Grandma, the Keeper) are trying to protect the Pandas and collect the most baby pandas.
The Bandit Team (all the Bandits) are trying to net the Pandas or collect the most baby pandas.
Grandma reveals her role. Everyone else closes their eyes, and the Pandas put their thumbs up.
- The Pandas open their eyes to see the other Pandas. All humans look the same to them! They close their eyes, but keep their thumbs up.
- The Keeper opens her eyes to see the Pandas.
- The Bandits keep their eyes closed; they only know their own role.
Everyone opens their eyes, and Grandma takes the first turn!
When a player has 3 pieces of bamboo, each player votes on whether or not they should be netted. If the last Panda is netted, the Bandits win immediately!
Once a player is netted, they continue to play as normal, except that they cannot receive baby pandas from other netted players.
At the end of Grandma's third turn, the team with the most baby pandas wins!
Try the game for free!
Hidden Panda is easy to learn and plays in about 20 minutes. Like all Jellybean Games, it provides a lot of strategy and replayability from just a few simple rules. This is a social deduction game with:
- Unique, easy-to-understand roles! Pandas only know the other Pandas, Grandma and the Keeper know everyone, and Bandits only know their own role.
- Simple victory conditions! If all the Pandas are netted, the Bandits win! Otherwise, the team with the most baby pandas is the winner.
- Concrete information to go on! Shouting won't net you a victory in Hidden Panda - each turn, you must give out baby pandas AND place a piece of bamboo, giving the other players a solid basis for their suspicion.
- Everyone in the game gets to bluff! In most social deduction games, certain roles should just be completely honest. Due to the asymmetrical information in Hidden Panda, every player has a reason to convince the others that they're not who they seem.
- No player elimination! Everyone plays for the entire game.
- Engagement on every player's turn! Voting, bamboo, and receiving baby pandas means that you'll be involved from start to finish. Deduce everyone's identities based on who they vote for, who they side with, and - of course - who they distribute baby pandas to.
- Flexible player count! Hidden Panda is equally fun at all player counts.
- Family-friendly social deduction! Bright, fun characters, a kid-friendly theme, and one publicly-revealed player make this a great social deduction game for all ages!
All backers will get a set of exclusive tokens with every copy of Hidden Panda! 42 wooden baby pandas, not available after the campaign!
To add $23 to your pledge, select "edit pledge". After the campaign, using the pledge manager, you'll be able to add a copy of Hidden Panda, Village Pillage, Ninjitsu!, Scuttle!, or The Lady and the Tiger for each $23 added this way.
All add-ons include free international shipping!
If you're not in any of the above countries, get in touch! We'd love to do what we can to get you a copy of the game.
Your support is the only way we can make Hidden Panda a reality! By supporting us on Kickstarter, you can help us create this fun family game...and by backing, you’ll get the game before anyone else!
You’ll also get exclusive wooden pandas, which won’t be available outside of the Kickstarter! Wooden baby pandas - even cuter than they sound.
Hidden Panda is from the team who brought you Scuttle! and Ninjitsu!:
Special thanks to Tom Lang for development assistance and Dave Scott, our social media manager.
If you like Hidden Panda, please support the project (every dollar helps!) and tell your friends, especially if they have kids, know kids, or love great games!
Risks and challenges
This is our eighth project, and we strive to improve every time. This game has been in playtesting for more than a year, and all art, graphic design, and cards are complete!
Once the campaign wraps up, we plan to do another round of blind playtesting (to check for balance at all player counts) and then send it straight to the printer!
We are renowned for keeping our backers in the loop through our comprehensive updates. When you back a Jellybean Games campaign, you know you’re in good hands!
If you have any questions about any part of the campaign, you can message us through Kickstarter or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a prompt response.
We are so confident that you're going to love this game, we're offering a money-back guarantee: At any time before we ship, you can get in contact for a full refund. As well as that, if you decide that Hidden Panda isn’t for you within a month of receiving it, you can return it for a refund, no questions asked.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)