And for those who want instant action, watch the gameplay trailer.
[WATCH IT NOW!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!]
All of our reward tiers include a Steam key and DRM-free copy.
Overfall's first release will be on PC, Mac and Linux, but are planning to convert the game to iOS + Android Tablets, and consoles such as Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and perhaps even portable gaming devices such as the PlayStation Vita.
Sail the seas. Turn the tide. Save the world.
Explore the shifting seas of a strange realm. Fend off starvation. Fight terrible foes…or befriend them. Recruit lost souls and learn their histories. Recover lost artifacts and rediscover lost knowledge. Take part in stories of the absurd and the tragic, the magical and the mundane - intimate, epic, and never the same twice.
Ready to embark?
- A huge, dynamic world to explore, ruled by a number of races in constant conflict - it’s up to you to help or betray them
- Challenging and addictive turn-based combat - careful strategy and cunning skill combinations are the key to victory against your foes!
- Permanent hero death, procedural world generation, and high replay inspired by classic roguelikes
- Interactive story encounters where the choices you make and the allies you recruit ensure no two journeys are quite the same
- Unlock new classes, weapons, trinkets and skills as you progress in the game
- Beautiful hand-drawn art of of 9 player characters, 36 combat companions, 80+ enemies, 80+ NPCs, and 100+ locations
In developing Overfall we’ve taken inspiration from the roguelike genre to achieve a high level of challenge and replayability.
A procedurally-generated world ensures that you’ll explore a different world each time you start a game, never knowing quite what to expect from the next island. Permanent death gives weight to every decision you make in exploration and combat. Failure means starting from the beginning.
But it’s not all bad! During gameplay you can unlock new classes, trinkets, skills and weapons that will allow you to improve and further customize your party in the following playthroughs.
You’ll start from the beginning each time - but no two beginnings are quite the same...
Overfall is a game of exploration and discovery in the face of great risk.
When you aren’t on islands gathering supplies, fighting evil or helping the weak, you’ll be uncovering the world map. The map features allies, enemies, neutral parties and natural obstacles who travel, chase, and fight to fulfill their needs and goals. Through encounters, you can influence your own reputation with other races, changing how they react to you and to one another on the high seas.
Exploring the world is a dangerous task. You’ll have to manage your resources carefully to ensure you don’t starve to death, get caught in a storm or the clutches of a sea monster, or overwhelmed by hostile warships.
The sea is a cruel mistress, but it holds great reward for the clever and the courageous.
One world - infinite stories.
When you land at one of the many islands, you’ll participate in an encounter. Some encounters are as brief as taking a rest and moving on. Some are tales of intrigue or humor. Some hint at the forgotten history of the world, and the strange powers that influence it today.
Overfall’s encounters are non-linear and player-driven, allowing for multiple approaches to a scenario depending on the abilities of your player characters and companions. Your Fighter might be tempted to beat up the con artist who robbed you…but your Rogue knows the sweetest victory comes from beating a man at his own game.
The choices you make in these encounters will have lasting effects on your characters. Look at our compassionate Fighter above. By choosing to save a bunch of chickens from a cruel death, he earned the Animal Friend Persona - meaning he will be immune to Fear debuffs inflicted by the animal-like Hollow race in combat. You can discover many such Personas on your travels.
Will you play as an avenger of the weak or a mercenary opportunist? The choice is up to you.
Overfall features a tactically deep turn-based combat system: fun, challenging, and ideal for those times when diplomacy just doesn’t cut it.
A combat turn in Overfall consists of three phases: movement, utility, and attack. In every phase, you select from several different skills, many of which can be chained to make them more effective.
Skill combinations aren’t limited to individual characters! Your heroes can combine their efforts to gain the upper hand as well. Let’s have our Monk and Wizard demonstrate a combo for you:
- 1-) We use Quickstep to get our Monk into melee range. Quickstep also applies the Rewind buff to him, meaning he’ll return to where he started at the end of the turn.
- 2-) A blast of Hurricane pulls the scattered Orcs towards the Monk and applies the Dazed debuff to every Orc he pulled.
- 3-) After a quick melee attack, the Monk teleports back out of harm’s way thanks to the Rewind buff, leaving the Orcs wide open for the Wizard to attack. The best part? Not only are they all now within range of his area-of-effect Lightning Orb attack, but it does extra damage to targets with the Dazed condition!
Keep in mind that your enemies will apply debuffs to your characters as well, and they’ll use skill combos of their own to gain an edge in combat.
There’s no grinding in Overfall: no enemy is a pushover and no victory is certain.
Overfall tells a story of betrayal in an age torn apart by conflict.
The setting is Dys, a high-fantasy ocean world of forgotten histories and old hatreds. The Everking, lord of the humans, has sent you through a mysterious portal to another world in search of an artifact of great power. But the Vorn, the artifact’s guardians, have caught you in the act - and are invading through the portal to conquer your home!
To find the Everking and complete your quest, you’ll have to get to know the races of Dys - and choose sides in the great war consuming the world.
Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea, you’ll have to draw on all your strength and cunning to escape the Vorn, return to your king, and discover the truth of your own destiny.
Sail the seas. Turn the tide. Save the world.
Overfall is being developed by Pera Games in Istanbul -- a team of passionate and experienced gamers and game makers who share an intense obsession of gaming both on and off the computer.
We have already invested approximately 100,000 USD in Overfall, and the game is rapidly nearing completion. However, truly great game design depends on fine-tuning, polish, and great attention to detail in the later stages of development. It is with additional financing, with your support, that we will be able to make Overfall an outstanding game at this point in the process.
Kickstarter has provided us with the opportunity to go straight to you, the players, to ask for your direct support, your feedback and your input on what you would like to see in our game. Your generous pledges will go toward:
- Development Costs: Necessary shelter and living costs for the team to survive the rest of the development!
- Business Costs: We need to deal with business expenses such as licensing, cuts, taxes and other company expenses.
- Paying QA Testers: Overfall is a huge game and we will need to work with professional QA Testers to make sure it is compatible in all kind of platforms and completely bug-free.
- Paying Our Composer: We gotta keep the wheels of inspiration turning!
- Paying Our Sound Designer: This amazing guy deserves some love as well!
- Other Polishing & Improvement: Making Overfall as good as it can be by hiring additional help on key areas of the game.
Stretch goals will be revealed as the campaign progresses, but for now we can tell you what additional funding will let us bring you:
- A bigger, richer world. The more backers we get, the more content we will be able to add to Overfall, allowing the game to support an even larger and more diverse story world.
- Additional fun gameplay mechanics which we wanted to add but couldn’t due to resource constraints.
- Porting to more devices. Our first release will be on PC, Mac and Linux, but additional funding will allow us to convert the game to iOS, Android, and consoles such as Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and perhaps even portable gaming devices such as the PlayStation Vita.
- Localization (translation) in more places. We are already planning to translate the game into Russian, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Polish, Turkish.
We at Pera Games are so excited to share this project with you. We’re proud of our work on Overfall and, with your backing, we’ll be able to finish what we started and create a wonderful gaming experience to share with all of you. You can follow our progress at pera.gs or contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks to our friends, families, and co-workers who have inspired and supported us on this journey. Words can’t express how grateful we are to you all.
It’s not just us bringing Overfall to life anymore - with your feedback and support, you’ll have the chance to become part of Overfall’s development process. We’d like to show our gratitude for your support by offering these backer rewards, and an opportunity to have a greater role in the creation of the game!
Risks and challenges
Making a great game always entails taking a few risks! As developers, we love a good challenge, and here’s how we plan to address them in Overfall.
Financial Risks: As mentioned above, we’ve already invested in Overfall ourselves and we’re determined to finish the game no matter what; we wouldn’t feel comfortable asking for your support to complete a half-finished game. But we also did this because we are creatively invested in Overfall and committed to making a great game; with your help, we’ll be able to make the finished gameplay experience that much better!
Scheduling risks: The game’s estimated delivery date was one we arrived upon based on our experience in game design and development...but sometimes life has a way of laughing in the face of your plans! As we’ve already said, we’re committed to finishing Overfall - but if some features take longer to implement or test than foreseen, there’s a chance we’ll have to push back the date to release the game in excellent condition. We promise to be up-front and honest about any such issues, and we’ll always be sensitive to your feedback on the subject. And besides - we’ll be releasing the game on Early Access, so you’ll be able to get your hands on Overfall before then!
Gameplay risks: Sometimes, features of the game just aren’t as fun or necessary as you would predict in development. That’s why we’ve worked on Overfall for eight months already before presenting it on Kickstarter. We have a team of enthusiastic, experienced and dedicated gamers and game makers, and we’re fully committed to making the game good even before asking for your financial support. And with your support and feedback, we’ll be able to hone Overfall’s gameplay experience and fun factor even further!
Thank you for backing us and helping make Overfall great. We hope you'll join us on the high seas!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)