Introducing The Everyday Messenger 13 - Smaller, Just As Dialed
It's been just over 2 months since we last dropped y'all an update, and boy oh boy do we have some news. Big news. Well, if you want to split hairs, we guess it's technically small news.
Yesterday our Biz Dev director Annie had a baby!
Oh wait, we've got some more small news for ya!
Today we're proudly launching a smaller version of the Everyday Messenger. We call it The Everyday Messenger 13.
HOLY MOLY, GIVE US THE DEETS!
Totes. The Everyday Messenger 13 is a direct result of feedback that you gave us to make a smaller messenger bag, suitable for smaller framed people, or less gear, or both. So, we went ahead and did it. To make things consistent, we're now calling the original bag The Everyday Messenger 15.
HOW CAN I BUY IT?
It's currently available for pre-order on our website with a special backers-only discount (details below) or possibly from a Peak Design retailer near you. We're currently stocking up our warehouses now, so depending on where you live your delivery date may vary. Here's what we expect right now:
- US: Est. ship by early June
- Canada: Est. ship by early June
- Europe, Africa: Est. ship by mid June
- Asia, Anzac: Est. ship by mid May
Oh, and that backers-only discount is $30 off. How do you get it? Read on below.
HOW CAN I WIN IT, OR GET A DEAL ON IT?
Glad you asked! We're going to give away five Everyday Messenger 13 bags to 5 lucky folks. Here's what you gotta do to enter:
1. Follow @peakdesign on Instagram
2. Post a photo on Instagram about small things. How do you appreciate the small things in life? What is your favorite small thing? What's little, but important? Tiny but mighty? Use your imagination.
3. Hashtag that image with #theeverydaymessenger13 and #smallthingsrule
4. That's it, you're entered!
5. Want a special backers-only deal? Complete steps 1-4, then fill out this form by 11:59pm PT on Thursday, May 5th. The next day, we'll email you a special code that will give you $30 off a pre-order of The Everyday Messenger 13 made within the next 2 weeks. Please note that this deal is only for backers of this Kickstarter project and nobody else, so please do not post it publicly.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN 13 & 15?
The Everyday Messenger 13 (new)
- 6L-14L expanding capacity
- 1.2kg (2.2lbs) empty weight
- 2 FlexFold™ dividers
- Max laptop carry: 13” Macbook (12.8” x9” x1”)
- MSRP: $219.95
The Everyday Messenger 15 (original)
- 8L-18L expanding capacity
- 1.3kg (2.5lbs) empty weight
- 3 FlexFold™ dividers
- Max laptop carry: 15” Macbook (14.5"x10"x1")
- MSRP: $249.95 USD
SHOW ME SOME PICTURES!
You got it. Just yesterday we sent our General Counsel Heidi (she's new to the team, say hi!) and Product Designer Joey on a fake date with our 13" and 15" Everyday Messengers. This resulted in an extremely adorable set of photo collateral, and now you have the enjoyment of being the first in the world to see it. Behold:
Ahh, fake dates. Ain't they the best? For those of you who want a closer look, here are some studio shots of the new bag, in Charcoal and Heritage Tan:
GOT MORE INFO?
You know it. This handy comparison chart tells you every last thing you need to know about the differences between the two bags.
YOU MADE THIS POSSIBLE.
We'd just like to remind you that you're the reason why the new Everyday Messenger 13 exists. You brought the original bag to life with a bang...it was unlike any product launch we've ever done before. And for the past 5-6 months, you've been diligently sending us feedback via email and via our thriving online community.
Will there be more to come? Sure there will. That's the deal: our Backers give us the support we need to bring new products to life, and in turn we listen to and act on their feedback every step of the way. We're elated to share this latest bag with this community who has invested so much in us, but we're even more excited to share the next things coming down the road.
Hold on, backers. 2016 is going to be a crazy year.