96% of shipments out the door by Monday!
Happy Friday y'all!
Good news with fulfillment: By the end of the day on Monday, 91% of rewards will be shipped in full, and an additional 5% of backers will have had orders partially shipped. So, 96% of folks will have their rewards in hand or on the way. The remaining 4% of backers have yet to complete their surveys, which can be done through BackerKit.
A CLICK DOWN ON FULFILLMENT
Our 5 global warehouses continue to receive stocking shipments of the new products, and as those shipments are received (which takes several days to a week at this time of year) additional orders are processed and shipped. There are about 3000 orders that are in processing right now (meaning the stock is there, it's just a matter of picking/packing/shipping it).
There's an additional 450 or so orders that we do not have full stock for yet. Those orders will be split this weekend so that backers will receive part of their reward immediately, and the rest of their reward when the next stocking shipment is received by the warehouse nearest to them.
We're still on track to have all orders shipped in the month of December as we originally set out to do.
WILL MY ORDER BE SPLIT?
The short answer is we don't exactly know. The longer answer is that our system is complex and automated, with a ton of moving parts (different mail carriers, seasonal congestion, multiple stocking shipments arriving weekly to 5 global warehouses, each shipment containing various mixes of SKUs) that we can't predict. So, we opt for a system that takes into account all the data and splits things automatically. This keeps shipments moving and not at the mercy of our manual inputs. We're pretty smart and stuff, but shipping 100,000 products to 10,000+ people is best left to them 'puters.
Also note that we cannot fulfill Kickstarter orders from local dealer locations, or allow pickup of order from our warehouses. If you're still waiting for your stuff we kindly ask you to hold tight...you'll get your shipping notification soon!
NEW STUFF LAUNCHES ON MONDAY
On Monday we'll be launching our new products—Capture v3, Slide, Slide Lite, and the rest of our new accessories—on our website and across our global network of retail partners (over 2000 doors). The products will be available for their full MSRP (Kickstarter prices were at about a 20% discount). We're definitely sensitive to the fact that not all backers have gotten their gear yet, and we're trying our damnedest to make sure each and every backer gets taken care of as quickly as possible. In this case, we've been coordinating a joint launch of these products with our retail partners for months. We feel ready to pull the trigger with our dealers so they may begin serving their customers, keeping in mind that it will not slow our commitment to having every backer order shipped on time. Note that beginning Monday, orders of new products made at peakdesign.com will not ship until all Kickstarter orders have shipped.
IN SAN FRANCISCO? COME SAY HI!
This weekend our brand new retail store in San Francisco will be opening at 529 Hayes St (we're on Google Maps now!) and we'd love for you to drop in and say hi! If you'd like to be notified when we have in-store events, signup here.
As always, happy shooting!
The PD Team