About this project
The greatest Champions of Wayword have been selected by "The Ancients" to battle in a game that has been transpiring since the dawn of time!
Hunters: Enter the Darkness brings the excitement and tactical combat of a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) video game - a genre made popular by the design of DOTA, League of Legends and Heroes of the Storm - to your table!
- Small or Large Player Count? No worries!: Players may control multiple Champions, or because of larger playing groups, it can be done so that each player controls a single Champion.
- 45 to 90 Minute Game Time: The rules encourage fast paced play, where players focus on their Champion(s), as minions move in a programmed manner, requiring no "Minion Player".
- Tactical Builds: Players may build each Champion multiple ways based an team composition and playstyle. From the Base Set, Champions have 2 unique "Builds". Each Build has its own focus:
- Tanks can stay on the front line longer than others, with a focus on controlling the board.
- Assassins focus on dealing damage fast and hard.
- Supports focus on helping others do their job better.
- Specialists less like its own build, but rather a tool box that augments the others or gives unique abilities.
- Modular Boards: With this, players make sure the board is symmetrical but still evolving, which adds a great deal of replayability to Hunters. This also allows players to come up with their own custom game modes!
- Game Modes + Objectives: Players mix and match Objectives and game modes, making each game session a truly one-of-a-kind experience.
The Preview Rulebook can be found here. Please understand that this is not the final draft of the Rulebook. We are working our best to further clarify and explain some of the sections *Sections that do not appear are waiting for graphics or editing.
In case you would rather not read the rules, you can check out one of our gameplay videos or how-to's above and in the updates!
As a thank you to our backers, we will have some exclusives in the campaign. Anything marked with the following should be considered exclusive:
Please note: Anything marked as "exclusive" will still be available should we have extras in stock after Kickstarter fulfillment, at the conventions we attend.
Optional Buys are simple to add to your Pledge. Simply increase your Pledge for the amount of all the Optional Buys you want, then when the Campaign finishes, we will have our Pledge Manager sort out which ones you want!
I have spent the last year and a half communicating and working with companies (shipping companies, fulfillment companies and publishing companies) to figure out how to offer the best price on our game as well as ship it and I think we have. Shipping will be paid after the campaign in our pledge manager when the final weight is determined.
I chose this method because 1 size doesn't fit all for shipping. Depending on some of the Add-ons and Stretch Goals I have planned, I wanted to be prepared for shipping, but not fall into the trap many others have of over promising and then failing to deliver.
We estimate based on the weight of the game:
USA & Canada: $10 - 15 depending on region
Mexico: $20 - 25 depending on region
EU & Australia: $15 - 25 depending on region
Anywhere not listed: $30~
*This is subject to change in the case that this Kickstarter out performs every possible expectation we have.
Risks and challenges
This is the 1st project of many I want to publish, but before this, I have been involved in a few campaigns. Creators of successfully delivered campaigns have also walked me through the general process. But, my roots in this industry really comes from years of working on Volunteer Programs and volunteering at conventions.
As with all productions overseas and all Kickstarters with potential stretch goals, we know there can be some delays. Our current timeline gives us some wiggle room in that respect though.
However, I have a great personal relationship with our manufacturer from working to optimize our miniatures over the last 7 months so we will be starting the process to proof miniatures right after we fund.
I am confident that with the people I have surrounded myself with, and with the research I’ve conducted over the years, that Hunters will be a smooth ride for everyone involved. Thank you for taking it with us!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (17 days)