And so — as fast as it started — we have wrapped! This whirlwind of the past several weeks has made updates close to impossible, but now that production has come and gone, I'll be able to fill you in as we progress at a more reasonable pace. But for starters, I'd like to share with you some of my instant favorite memories of the past few days:
- Watching my 7-yr-old son enter a fogged-up living room and start dancing and singing, 'Dancing in the fo-og! Dancing in the fo-og!!' And he had no idea the moment was caught on our behind-the-scenes timelapse!!
- Driving the rented truck full of grip & electric supplies to our night shoot — leaving 2 1/2 hours early but still getting there a half hour late. Late to my own production! Humiliating. :)
- Being asked by a crew member if he could use the poster from my first film as a bounce board. I could not have been more proud.
- Watching our DP cringe when blood oozed from our rotting hero's mouth. :)
- Squirting blood onto our actor's face in the middle of a take. I was as stunned as he was!!
- Getting excited that we turned my pull-out freezer into a morgue drawer.
- And perhaps the best memory of all: Watching and working with this crew of friends, students and strangers, and experiencing the joy of seeing them all surpass their already high expectations. This has been a fantastic experience from the first day the Kickstarter campaign was launched, and the film continues to grow and evolve into something truly magical. This is indeed what dreams are made of.
I can't wait to edit this thing! :)
More news to come... And photos and videos, too!! Stay tuned...
seconds to go
Pledge $1 or moreYou selected
JUST FOR KICKS: Much appreciated! You have our humble thanks.
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
THANK YOU PACKAGE: You will receive a SPECIAL THANKS credit on our web site and film, as well as a personalized Thank You From The Bottom Of My Undying Heart letter from the director, Philip Chidel.
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
DIGITAL PACKAGE: The above, plus a digital download of the completed movie. You'll also get a souvenir custom photo card, direct from the set.
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
JOHN HANCOCK PACKAGE: The above, but now your credit will be bumped to AN EXTRA SPECIAL AWESOME THANKS. More importantly — you’ll get an AUTOGRAPHED DIGITAL FILE OF THE MOVIE. What is that??? Well, instead of the regular movie, you’ll get a version that’s been customized just for you, with its own personalized introduction from the director AS PART OF THE MOVIE, speaking directly to you, for you. How many of your friends have THAT?!!
Pledge $75 or moreYou selected
LITERATURE PACKAGE: All of the above, plus a select souvenir: Your choice of an autographed Philip Chidel short story, which will be published along with stills from the set. You can choose either: a) The prose adaptation of TIL DEATH, or b) The prose adaptation of ALL THE LIVE-LONG DAY — the next short film we're planning to make once Til Death is complete. (Or choose both stories for $125).
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
MOVIE PACKAGE: The above, plus a complete movie bundle!! You'll get the Til Death DVD, the Subject Two DVD, a hard copy of the Til Death script, and a crew photo — all signed. And a T-shirt (unsigned… unless you want otherwise!) All that and a bag of chips. (Seriously. You'll get some chips. Just name the brand.) (Canada shipping, please add $6, intl please add $10.)
Pledge $200 or moreYou selected
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER PACKAGE: The above, but now your credit will be an ASSOCIATE PRODUCER. You’ll be featured with a prominent thanks in the Pub section of our website, and you’ll also receive a 2012 calendar of production stills from Til Death. You may also exercise your right as an Associate Producer to 'associate' with the director — a 1-on-1 chat with the director via phone, Skype or, if you're in the SF Bay Area, in person over coffee. Our treat. (Canada shipping, please add $6, intl please add $10.)
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
VIDEO PACKAGE: 'We're coming to get you, Barbara!! (or whatever your name may be...)' :) Here, you'll get all of the above PLUS you can impress your friends with a PERSONALIZED HALLOWEEN VIDEO just for you, starring one of the actors in full-on special effects makeup. Your choice whether to make it scary or not! Our choice whether to make it cool. (Don't worry. We will!)
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER PACKAGE: All of the above, but now you're the Big Cheese: an EXECUTIVE PRODUCER. That comes complete with your own title card in the front of the movie — and also a PRIVATE HOME SCREENING with the director of Til Death & Subject Two for you and your friends. We'll come to you!
Pledge $2,500 or moreYou selected
THE NEXT BIG PACKAGE: Be careful with this one.. it's just a tad short of EXPLOSIVE AWESOMENESS. This time, you'll get everything above — but our next short will be based on YOU. A key character will have your name and select personal details, and the entire story will be affected by what YOU DO IN IT. How cool is that??? (People with heart conditions, pregnant women, and children under 48" are not recommended for this one... but can ignore this warning if they wish).
- (51 days)