About this project
Paws and Padlocks is a family-friendly dungeon crawler where you play as adventurers breaking into Slime Castle to steal the evil Slime Queen’s treasure. Build your path to the treasure by laying out room cards on the board and try to mess up another player's path along the way. While exploring the castle, you can fight Slime monsters, open treasure chests, find interesting items, and trigger events that change up the game!
Due to a ton of requests from our backers, we are now including the Custom Characters Expansion Pack as an add-on! We are planning to have 21 custom characters in total by the end of the campaign. Here's the list of prices we have:
- If you add on $8 to your pledge, you will get 5 custom characters to add to your game!
- If you add on $15 to your pledge, you will get 10 custom characters to add to your game!
- If you add on $25 to your pledge ($20 if you're a Royal Treatment backer), you will get ALL THE CUSTOM CHARACTERS to add to your game!
Here are the custom characters!
We'll be updating this list as best as we can!
Reviews and playthroughs below!
First impressions from UK reviewer Tom Heath aka SlickerDrips!
Playthrough of Paws and Padlocks from Tom Heath / SlickerDrips!
- It’s a light and fun game to play with family and friends of all ages.
- It's a great game for new and casual board gamers to introduce them to the world of board games.
Introductory Dungeon Crawler
- It's a neat and simple way to introduce kids to this genre of dungeon crawling board games and you can enjoy playing the game with them as well.
- With nine playable characters, 84 Room Cards, the Trick Room mechanic, items, and random events, we ensure that no two games will play exactly the same!
- Our marketing and logistics lead is Caezar Al-Jassar from Alley Cat Games. He has successfully Kickstarted two of his own board games, Lab Wars and Cauldron Master. He also ran the Bios:Genesis campaign for legendary designer Phil Eklund which raised $309,000.
Retailers, don't feel left out! We offer exclusive competitive prices for you all! Back us at the $1 Retailer Tier and send us a message, and we'll send you our retailer prices.
Here are some pictures from our demos and design process:
This is our first time running a Kickstarter so we promise to be as transparent as we can be! If we encounter any unforeseen problems, we'll let everyone know as soon as possible. This includes any problems with manufacturing and fulfillment. Our lead artist Christian is also a creator of the game so there will be minimal delays as far as waiting for art to be finished. We want you all to trust that we will deliver a game that's high quality, fun, and delivered on time.
Delivered on Time
One of our main priorities is to deliver everyone their games on time. We've backed a ton of games on Kickstarter so we know how important it is to receive a game on time. We are looking to deliver our game no later than April 2018. We gave us a few months of breathing room because this is our first Kickstarter. If all goes well, the games will be delivered earlier than that.
World Class Manufacturing
We are manufacturing our games with Whatz Games based in China, who produced hit games such as King of Tokyo, Zombie 15', and Cash 'n Guns. They have also manufactured both of our marketing lead Caezar's Kickstarter games: Lab Wars and Cauldron Master. He worked with them because of their high quality of production and materials and that's why we chose to work with them as well.
We will be directly shipping the games from Whatz Games to our fulfillment companies in the US and the UK. We will be using Ship Naked based in the US and Games Quest based in the UK to deliver all of our games to our backers. Caezar has worked with these fulfillment companies in his past Kickstarters so we know that they can get the job done.
Please read the following carefully! Due to high shipping prices and logistical problems, we will NOT be able to ship to the following countries:
- Argentina, Brazil, Brunei, Columbia, El Salvador, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iraq, Malaysia, Peru, Puerto Rico, Syria, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay
If you have accidentally backed us from one of these countries, we apologize but we will have to ask you to cancel your pledge.
Risks and challenges
We have been working on Paws and Padlocks for over three years now, and we are very thorough with all the details with our game. This means that we have worked through everything we need to make sure our game gets published and delivered to each and every one of our backers. If we experience any hiccups during the manufacturing and shipping of the games, we will let you all know as soon as possible. We promise to be very open and honest during and after the campaign to minimize any problems we encounter.
We are also working with Caezar Al-Jassar, our marketing and logistics lead who has successfully Kickstarter two of his own games he's developed: Lab Wars and Cauldron Masters. He has also ran other successful Kickstarters while working with other people such as Bios: Genesis. We will work with him to ensure the safe and timely delivery of all the games. Thank you all for backing!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (27 days)