We're starting to package up rewards.
Testing is still ongoing. So far, Brian & Erin have tested about 4500 boards this week. Erin's now working on packaging, while Brian's finishing up the rest of the testing today, tomorrow and maybe a little Saturday or early next week.
In case you missed the mention earlier, the PJRC Team is 4 people: me, Robin, Erin and Brian.
Here's a shot of most of the Teensys tested as of yesterday, before they started going into the bags with cards. Each bag you see is a group of 20 Teensy 3.6 (in the front 4 boxes) or Teensy 3.5 (in the back).
Throughout this whole process, we're keeping counts of 10 or 20 boards. Earlier we tried 240, but that turned out to be error-prone and unworkable to find and correct mistake. As we do each step, 10 or 20 are handled at a time. If any are left over or missing at the end of doing 20 of anything, then we know to recount and find the error before starting the next 20 pieces.
Yesterday we started combining stuffing the boards into the bags with cards & invoices, which were shows at the end of the last update. Here's all of the Single 3.6 and half of the Starter Combo rewards:
In this photo you can see some of the labels, which are turning out to be the biggest challenge at this point.
I had originally planned on starting the label printing Monday morning. Little did I know, Kickstarter gives backers 48 more hours to fix their addresses. It's impossible to simply turn off addresses updates, as I had imagined (if anyone from Kickstarter reads this, please consider mentioning this in the docs). Here's just some of the labels, I believe about 500-600 in this photo.
Yesterday Robin printed almost 900 labels in two long marathon sessions. I did about 430 more from 2 to 7 AM. They she started again this morning while I got some sleep. Those were the USA labels, which go a little faster. Now she's working on the international ones. We're doing things carefully, and recording the tracking numbers and updating Kickstarter for each rewards, and of course grouping the labels into batches of 10 and sorting by reward levels. Most labels take about 30 to 50 seconds or work, and some take a minute or two if there's something unusual. When you multiply that times 3072 (the number with address survey responses), it adds up to a lot of work! I had planned on this, we're going to be scrambling a bit to make up for the loss of Monday and Tuesday to print labels.
Of course, the very last step is to put the reward bags into the padded mailing envelopes and apply the shipping labels. Erin's starting that part today!
Even with the 2-day label setback, things are going really well. I'm confident we will ship almost all rewards next week.
Today we also got the notice that Kickstarter as started the funds transfer. The total in fee worked out to be 8.88%. The banks take a few business days to process the transaction, so we should actually get the funding right about as we're finishing packaging the rewards.