A documentary series exploring the creative processes of the best graphic designers, illustrators and letterers in the world.
A documentary series exploring the creative processes of the best graphic designers, illustrators and letterers in the world. Read more
There's no logo for this project yet; I don't even know what it's going to look like. We're going to watch Ian Collins make it in the first episode.
Then we'll follow Mike Monteiro, Kate Bingaman-Burt and Mary Kate McDevitt as they create a custom piece of work about their respective processes. Each artist will get their own 5-10 minute episode.
The artists' work will then be screen printed onto notebooks, posters and t-shirts right here in Portland, OR by Man vs. Ink. They will be for sale the day the episode airs, with proceeds being split between the artists and the costs of future episodes.
Really, what this project is about is trusting in the artist to create something amazing, and watching it unfold. I can't explain in too much detail what exactly will happen in each episode, because it really will depend on the artist and how things naturally unfold. We'll be getting out of the office and walking around, talking about what's important in their lives, and how those things effect them creatively and otherwise.
You can help make this happen by pre-ordering the notebooks, posters and t-shirts from the episode of your favorite artist. All of the money is going towards paying the artists, equipment rentals and travel costs.
The way we work is influenced by all aspects of our lives, not just sitting at our desks.
Mary Kate McDevitt
Artist Portraits by Sean Dickerson
- Choose from artwork by Mike, Kate, Ian or Mary Kate for your notebook, poster and shirt.
- All rewards with be shipped upon the specific episode's release date listed below.
- You will receive a survey once the project has been funded asking for specifics on shipping and which artist you would like.
- If you would like to wait to choose your reward until after the episode is released, just send us an email (email@example.com) once you have made your decision.
- If you would like to order more than one item, visit shop.theprocess.es once we launch and you can order as many as you like.
- If you are having your portrait painted, we will ask for a picture of you upon successful funding of the project.
- Shipping included in all reward tiers.
- Ian Collins / The Process logo: January 2013
- Mary Kate McDevitt: April 2013
- Mike Monteiro: July 2013
- Kate Bingaman-Burt: October 2013
- (30 days)