About this project
The Flying Pterodactyl
Take to the sky with PaulG's newest creation, an RC flying Pterodactyl. This amazing "bird" will leave you in jaw dropping awe as it flaps its way into the heavens with range up to 1600'! Sporting nearly a 5' wingspan and a 3' body, the power that is generated by this ornithopter is massive. Easy to control and a blast to fly, this lizard will leave everyone who sees him with the distinct impression of having traveled back to the dinosaur era!
- 15 - 20 minute flight time on a single charge
- 500 meter range (1600 feet)
- Sturdy and durable polyfoam design
- Excellent wind resistance
- 11.1 volt 1300mAh rechargeable battery
- Interchangeable battery system for additional flight time
- 2.4G controller with Li-Po rechargeable battery
- Optional camera harness to record your flights
- Screech sound in the body for realistic effect
Our Pterodactyls have a unique foot system that allows for easy control over your "bird". Simply move the controller lever to adjust the feet to go up or down, left or right.
"Pop off" joints to mitigate crash damage
Leg Stands For Impressive Display When Not Flying
Easy To Fly And Land!
First time flyer video submitted by product tester.
In The News
Our flying Pterodactyl was at the New York Toy Fair a few weeks ago and boy, did it turn some heads! Take a look at a few of our interviews/news feeds.
Eyes Light Up To Indicate Power
Outstanding Sound Effects
Brown/Tan "Natural" Pterodactyl
You can add additional items to your pledge level by simply choosing the item(s) you would like from the list below and then following the instructions to add to your pledge.
- $15 - Extra Controller Battery
- $20 - Extra Set Of Pterodactyl Feet
- $25 - Extra Battery For Your Pterodactyl
- $30 - Extra Set Of Pterodactyl Wings
- $50 - GoPro Camera Harness For Your Pterodactyl
Add On Instructions:
- 1) Press the "Manage Your Pledge" button above. If you have not yet pledged it will say "Back This Project".
- 2) Increase your pledge in the "Pledge Amount" box by the total of the add-ons you would like to add
- 3) After the end of the Kickstarter campaign you will receive a survey that will ask you how you would like the add-on money to be assigned
PaulG is a leading manufacturer of cutting edge toys that strives to introduce unique technologies. From our Robotime 3D wooden robotic puzzles, to our Force Flyers line of motion controlled RC, we are continually bringing never before seen products to the market to fulfill our motto:
Get Off The Couch, Get Into The Game!
The Kickstarter community is the preeminent leading edge adopter of new ideas and we want to make these great Lizards available to you with great discounts before they are available to the general public.
Your support will also allow us to purchase the raw materials necessary for our initial production on these biomimetic ornithopters so we can bring these terrifying Pterodactyls to a sky near you!
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Risks and challenges
Our primary risk is in scaling production. This is a new product and with any new item once production begins in mass there can be issues. We are, however, experienced in this arena so at most it should only cause a small fulfillment delay.
Camera Harness - this optional component has been designed but is not yet prototyped for testing. There is a remote chance that we will not be able to finalize this feature.
West coast port - there is a possibility of a delay in receiving the initial Pterodactyls due to a recent backlog of shipping containers at the port. We anticipate that this will be resolved by the time the first shipment arrives but current deliveries are taking on average an extra two weeks.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)