Paul Byrom is producing, directing, and performing a new vocal concert, to be filmed and marketed for television distribution thru PBS stations across the United States and Canada. Paul has the talent, charisma, ambition and overall heart to make this concert a success, but there is one thing missing, YOU! Here on Kickstarter we invite you to team up with Paul to play a key role in making this concert filming a reality!
Click on the arrow below to listen to the title track from my new album whilst reading.
This Is The Moment
Hello there! My name is Paul Byrom, and I'm a tenor from Dublin, Ireland, currently residing in New York. Some of the many highlights of my career to date include performing for dignitaries such as U.S. President and Mrs. Obama, Irish President Mary McAleese, Emperor Akihito of Japan, Former Irish President and UN Commissioner for Human Rights, Mary Robinson, and most importantly, my loyal fans, friends, and family around the globe. (Don't tell Barrack you're the more important to me. I'm not sure he'd take it well!!) After having a successful career and several world-wide tours with the ensemble Celtic Thunder, I've recently left the backing of the major label and the "big show" support system, and have returned to my performance roots as a solo artist. Read to the end of this page to see what fans and friends have to say about it!
To continue the honor and priviledge of making music and bringing my show to local cities near you, I'm organizing a special concert to be nationally broadcast on PBS throughout the United States and Canada. The wheels are already in motion and PBS has the desire to add my concert special to their repertoire of entertainment! However, recent industry-wide budget cuts and financial struggles at PBS have left me personally responsible for the production costs of filming this television special. As you can well imagine, the finances required for producing and filming a concert are immense!! From pre-production planning, set design, studio and equipment rental, to filming, musician fees, engineering, mastering, mixing, distribution, and so on, and so on, and so on, the costs add up rather quickly!!
I NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!
Kickstarter is providing an avenue for me to reach out to you directly, one-on-one, to invite you to be part of this musical journey with me and in return I'd like to offer you some exclusive pledge incentives and thank you gifts, as seen on the right side of this page. Many of you reading this are fans and friends that have been with me and followed my career for many years. You have believed in me and believed in my career and now I put my faith in you and hope that you will continue to stand beside me. Any dollar amount you pledge will be greatly appreciated and will go a long way toward making this concert a reality!!
WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT TODAY, THE SHOW WILL NOT GO ON!!
Kickstarter operates as an ALL-OR-NOTHING platform. If the fundraising goal is not 100% met, your donation will not be collected and I don't receive any of the funds, not a penny. That's why it is vital that each and everyone of us, shares this website and our fundraising goals with as many people as you can, whether by facebook, twitter, email, in person, telephone, carrier pigeon*, or any other method of communication you use! Its also important to note, once we achieve our goal, we can keep going until the end of the pledge drive. The bigger the pot, the bigger the production value!!
EVERY DONATION MATTERS!!
*Please don't use carrier pigeons. I'm not sure their union allow it anymore!!
Your pledge today has made you an integral part of this concert!! I have a variety of thank you gifts and exclusive rewards that are available as a way for me to show you a bit of the appreciation I have for your support of this project. Please take a look at the list on the right hand side of this page and you'll find gifts ranging from tickets for the concert filming and private after-concert reception, to trips to sightsee in New York City with me! Have a look to see what suits your fancy!
- Click on the green, "Back This Project" button and Kickstarter will walk you thru the entire pledge process.
- Your pledged amount will be automatically collected via Amazon when the fundraiser closes, but only if we reach our goal. If we fall short of the goal, all pledges are cancelled.
- Your pledge today, here on kickstarter, is not a donation or pledge to PBS. Your donation today is directly funding the production for filming my solo concert.
- Your donations, while immensely appreciated, are not tax deductible.
- All shipping costs for thank-you gifts are included.
- After we've met our fundraising goals, you can expect to receive an email that will ask for all your contact details so the thank you gifts can be delivered appropriately.
- The date and location of the concert filming is currently being settled. I know that poses a challenge for those who are interested in purchasing tickets for the filming. I can tell you this much: the filming will likely take place in late January, in either Pennsylvania or Connecticut. That is subject to change, but at least you can see where we are in the process! The moment I know the details, YOU will know the details!
Here's what some of my fans and friends are saying:
- "BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL. I LOVED From a Distance and feel you gave it a personal and respectful and unique performance. THANK YOU for honoring me in such a way. Gorgeous voice and sweepingly elaborate and beautiful production." ~Grammy Award winner Julie Gold, composer of "From A Distance"
- "Love your version of This Is The Moment...great passion..." ~Frank Wildhorn, Music Composer of Jekyll & Hyde
- "...from hearing your beautiful voice to your awesome sense of humor, I know it will be a great night of entertainment." ~Robin, New Hampshire
- "Your vocal talent and range is astounding! I thoroughly enjoyed the array of music from multiple genres and your charming stories between songs that were both endearing and completely captivating! It's not often a performer can make an audience cry with their tenderness and sincerity, and shortly thereafter have the audience crying from laughing so hard! You are an authentic, multi-talented performer! Your shows are genuinely a fine night's entertainment! I'm a fan for life!" ~Elle, Washington
- "We will always support you in whatever you do, because we feel the love you have for us, too." ~Perri, Nebraska
- "Your voice and talent are amazing...I think what draws your fans to you is the person you are, the love in you that leaks out in your interviews and such." ~Laney, Florida
- "You never disappoint! Great talent and great entertainment!" ~Marta, Germany
- "My wife and I both enjoyed your live show, especially the Irish music part! We went to Ireland for our honeymoon many years ago and you made us feel like we were right back on the Emerald Isle!" ~Kevin, Australia
- "My friends and I enjoyed your comic routine on stage, and of course we absolutely love your voice! We here in Canada will be watching for upcoming gigs...Love your voice and your music." ~Rebekah, Nova Scotia
- "You are very unique in who you are and your voice is incredible! You will succeed, Paul, and we will be there with you all the way." ~Farideh, Texas
- "You certainly have so very much to offer. Not only is your voice awesome, yes, you touch the very core of many hearts as well!" ~Dorothy, Tennessee
- "You're just an amazing tenor...I adore you and that voice! You are quite the comedian as well...Great Craic!" ~Michelle, New York
- "...thousands and thousands of people appreciate your outstanding talent, velvet voice, and perfect singing." ~Thersia, South Africa
- (40 days)