Destiny, NY is finally back for Volume Three!
AND WE ARE NOW FULLY FUNDED AND ALL OF OUR STRETCH GOALS HAVE BEEN UNLOCKED! THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING CAMPAIGN!
We have MANY more blocks of stretch goals, which will even include adding bonus stories, so let's keep these pledges going!
The first two volumes introduced the story of former magical girl Logan McBride and her mysterious girlfriend, Lilith Aberdine. Where we left them and their gang of friends, Logan and Lilith were forced apart by fate, leaving Lilith to deal with her old demons in New York, while Logan copes with her own problems in California.
We're doing things a bit different this time around. You've all been amazingly loyal readers... so we figured why not give you TWO ENTIRE VOLUMES IN ONE BOOK for our third installment?
Destiny, NY Volume Three will have two main features, each as long as a full graphic novel. These stories take place at the same time and overlap in ways both beautiful and tragic.
ACT ONE WILL FOLLOW LILITH IN NEW YORK CITY, AS SHE DEALS WITH THE DANGER AND DRAMA LEFT BEHIND BY HER FAMILY... WHO WERE BASICALLY THE MYSTICAL MOB.
Act One is illustrated by the brilliant Elisa Romboli. Check out some pages here. You'll see all of the familiar Destiny, NY characters in this first feature.
ACT TWO WILL FOLLOW LOGAN IN CALIFORNIA, AS SHE TENDS TO HER DYING FATHER. ALONG THE WAY, SHE MEETS A SEER, TAYLOR, WHO MIGHT JUST HAVE THE KEY TO SOLVING ALL OF HER PROBLEMS.
Act Two is illustrated by the incredible Carola Borelli. Check out some pages here. This feature will include returning favorites as well as brand new characters who you'll love every bit as much as Logan, Lilith, and the gang.
For the first two volumes, we launched the Kickstarter with just one chapter done. This time, we've been working on the book ALL LAST YEAR! Act One by Elisa Romboli is completely drawn AND lettered. Act Two by Carola Borelli is also well into production. This means that we're sending Destiny, NY Volume Three to print just about one month after the Kickstarter wraps!
This means you can expect less of a wait... because the truth is, we're too excited about this story to keep it from you for any longer.
Every volume of Destiny, NY ends with a chapter of bonus stories by guest creators that shed new light on our supporting character. Take a look at the stories! None of the art here is from the stories, but are just character shots.
- BAILEY - The origin story of Logan's ex, the magical girl/MMA superstar! Written by STEPHANIE PHILLIPS (Writer of the Kickstarter hit Kicking Ice as well as Black Mask's thrilling horror series Devil Within) and illustrated by VALENTINA PINTI, who also drew our gorgeous bookplate.
- AUGUSTEN - Everyone's favorite take-no-bullshit barista considers how life would be if he left behind the Green Bean. Written by K. LYNN SMITH (creator of Plume and artist of Afterglow) and illustrated by SWEENEY BOO (artist of Rat Queens, Eat and Love Yourself, Spooky Girls cards.)
- LILITH & SONG ABERDINE: Joined by blood and separated by hatred, Lilith and Song Aberdine's sisterhood conflict is what launched this whole saga in Volume One. In this tender flashback story, we see the one night where Lilith and Song found it within them to just be sisters. Written by series editor SHANNON LEE, illustrated by Doctor Who's IOLANDA ZANFARDINO.
- LOGAN & THERESA McBRIDE: This is a very personal story, co-written by myself and my mother, from the perspective of Logan and her mother as tragedy rocks their family. Illustrated by EMILY PEARSON (Artist/co-creator of The Wilds with Vita Ayala, and Snap Flash Hustle with me, both from Black Mask Studios).
But that's not it. We have four more bonus stories ready to be added to the book as Stretch Goals! Take a look down below at what we're going to add, including stories by the amazing artist Skylar Patridge, Charmed superstar writer Paul Ruditis, wily scribe Jeff Massey, original Destiny, NY artist Manuel Preitano, Star-Crossed creator Mandy Robertson, and more surprises!
Together, we can expand this book into our ultimate vision, allowing each of our characters the spotlight for a short.
This is my tenth Kickstarter I've run: Destiny, NY Volumes One and Two, a special exclusive edition of Volume Two, Clonsters, Modern Dread, Prison Witch, Afterglow, Gangster Ass Barista (a Destiny, NY spinoff - available through this campaign!), Spooky Girls... and now this. I have a dedicated team of people that care deeply about the books and you, our readers and supporters. We always, always ship our books and they are always, always top quality. We pay extra at the printing level to make sure these are beautiful physical products.
Check out this video of our books below so you can see the level of quality we ensure.
The standard version of Destiny, NY Volume Three features a cover by Manuel Preitano. However, we also have a beautiful KICKSTARTER VARIANT EDITION with a cover by series artist Elisa Romboli, and a stunning super exclusive ROSI KÄMPE VARIANT featuring art by... well, Rosi Kämpe. Rosi returns to Destiny, NY for this cover (she illustrated Volume Two) while working as the artist for Marvel's hit series SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER.
If you missed out on the first two campaigns, Destiny, NY Volumes One and Two are both available through this campaign! Volume One told the story of how Logan and Lilith met...
...and Volume Two showed the couple falling deeper in love as troubling truths about their pasts are revealed.
Catch up now! And don't miss GANGSTER ASS BARISTA, the spinoff graphic novel about Trinity Klein, one of the fan-favorite supporting characters.
Keep reading to check out our amazing rewards, including:
- the graphic novel itself
- custom artwork commissions that will create an original prophecy about YOU!
- the chance to get drawn into the book
- enamel pin, signed bookplate, prints, holographic art, and more!
We also offer many items as add-ons, if you'd like to manually adjust your reward level!
In addition to all of the individual items from the campaign, we have all of the previous DESTINY, NY books available as add-ons. This way, if you want to get a higher level reward but missed out on the earlier books, just add these on!
We're also offering all previous graphic novels published by my company, Space Between Entertainment, as add-ons. These were all funded through Kickstarter as well! For more on each book, here's a link to those campaigns:
- Gangster Ass Barista: Destiny, NY spinoff!A comedic, coffee-fueled crime thriller about a former gangster who is trying to make ends meet with a day job at a New York City cafe... but soon, a life of crime threatens to pull her back in!
- Prison Witch: A mystical thriller about the magic that happens behind bars at a women's prison.
- Afterglow: A post-apocalyptic epic about a girl and her giant, radioactive cat.
- Spooky Girls: A full-color, graphic novel made up of 4 new monster comics: Jenny the Werecat, Vicky Slime, Punk Teen Demon Queen, & Tarantula Twins.
- Modern Dread: A horror anthology about modern anxieties.
If you have any questions or would like to add any of these items onto other pledge levels, please feel free to message me.
MUSIC CREDIT: The 126ers - Staring at the Sun
Risks and challenges
Between this and the projects I've funded over at our collaborative Space Between company page, this is my 10th Kickstarter campaign. We have a well-oiled system and are happy to announce that the book is almost done! In a creative endeavor of this size, possible challenges could be delays in production or printing, considering we ship overseas. However, any time that has happened in the past has been minor -- we have successfully Kickstarted multiple projects before as creators AND as a team, which has given us the utmost confidence that we'll meet and exceed your expectations. When hiccups are hit, we send updates. When we receive our shipment, we get them our to backers immediately without delay. I mean, why would we want to hold onto the books when we're so eager for YOU to read them?
One thing that we can't control is customs charges. We pay more for international shipping than we charge, but some countries will charge an extra customs fee based on the prices of the items included. Our advice there would just be to be aware of that! We haven't had problems in the past, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning!
Our backers deserve the absolute best, and we promise to deliver the highest quality, the best communication, and all questions answered within 24 hours or less -- ALWAYS!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (23 days)