Solar power is the future and at GoSun, we're making it more easy, fun and accessible than ever. Since 2013, our breakthrough solar ovens have reached more than 15,000 happy customers in +60 countries, in large part thanks to the Kickstarter community. (Thanks, everyone!)
Listening to feedback from our community, our goal was to make a stove portable and durable enough to take anywhere, with the power to boil water, at a price point accessible to all.
- Cooks Most Meals In 20-30 Minutes
- 14oz /420ml Capacity
- Stays Hot for Hours
- 13.5oz / 400ml Capacity
- Make Tea and Coffee in 30 Minutes, Reach a Rolling Boil in 45
Just adjust the Go's base and set vertically to boil. A removable cap detaches from the tray handle to keep the heat in. Perfect for tea, coffee, dehydrated foods and sterilizing water.
- 2lbs / .9kg
- Shock Absorbing EVA Foam Exterior
Zipping up into a durable compression molded EVA foam clamshell, the Go was designed to absorb impacts. Completely submersible and saltwater tolerant, the Go is ready for adventure on land and sea.
Cooks In Clouds: GoSun's patented solar cooking technology absorbs a broad spectrum of radiation, including ultraviolet light, which can penetrate clouds when visible light can not. This means as long as you have a bit of sun, you're in business.
No Weather Too Cold: GoSun's Vacuum Tube is a near-perfect insulator, keeping the cold out and the heat in.
Always Cool To Touch: No fire hazard here. Perfect for cooking on boats or during a fire ban.
Our Secret: Outer Space Trapped Inside a Tube
First, sunlight from both direct and diffused sources (ie clouds) is reflected by the Go's compound-parabolic reflectors onto a double-walled tube with a vacuum pulled inside. This tube then converts the light into heat and traps it inside of the vacuum layer, providing extraordinary insulation, keeping the heat in and the cold out. Cool right?
GoSun's solar vacuum tubes are far more efficient than most solar panels at turning sunlight into usable heat. (It's ok, solar panels are still awesome.) This is thanks to the power of the tube's selective absorbing surface which leverages aluminum-nitride to absorb +80% of the radiation it hits.
Universal Action Mount - UNLOCKED
Connect your GoSun Go to anything using an integrated, universal three-finger mount. Mounting accessories purchased separately enable attachment to: bike, boat, tripod, rail/pole, pack, limb, etc.
Silicone Pans - UNLOCKED
Four re-usable, non-stick silicone pans custom built for your GoSun (two fit at a time). Appetizers are served while another meal is loaded, sweet in one, savory the other. Sauce or dough won’t mix with other foods and your clean-up got even easier.
GoSun Dial - UNLOCKED
You don’t have to stare at the sun or worry about alignment with this analog accessory. The glare provides a reflective view of the sky and a shadow double confirms that your GoSun is pointed at the almighty power source.
GoSun’s Go is in a Product Category of its own. Part camp stove, part oven, part kettle, fully equipped and rugged
- Power Source: Solar - Batteries Not Required
- Estimated Power Output: 50+ Watts
- Materials: EVA, Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Borosilicate Glass, Silicone & ABS Plastic
- Closed Overall Dimensions: 14.17" long (36 cm), 3.37" wide (8.57 cm), 7" tall (17.78 cm)
- Open Overall Dimensions: 14.17" long (36 cm), 9.84" wide (25 cm), 7" tall (17.78 cm)
- Oven Inside Dimension: 1.72" diameter (4.38 cm), 11.5" long (29.21 cm)-- 400 mL (13.5 fl oz)
- Cooking Tray Dimension: 1.65" diameter (4.18 cm), 11" long (27.94 cm) Handle 2.56" diameter (6.5 cm), 0.69" long (1.75 cm)-- 370 mL (12.5 fl oz)
- Weight: 2.15 lbs (0.975 kg)
- Cooking Time: as fast as 10 minutes, as long as two hours, variable depending on size of meal and weather conditions
- One-Year Warranty for Parts and Labor
- Package includes: GoSun Go, Cleaning Brush, User Manual, Registration Card, Cook Booklet
- Sept. 2013 GoSun Sport launched on Kickstarter - extra reward of the GoSun Mini was hand-made in Cincinnati garage
- Sept. 2014 Over 1,000 GoSun Mini’s delivered, but could not meet demand
- April 2015 GoSun Grill launched on Kickstarter
- June 2016 - Aug. 2017 Design and market testing of the GoSun Go
- Sept. 2017 Final design and testing
- Oct. 10th 2017 GoSun Go launched on Kickstarter
- Nov. 21st 2017 Kickstarter campaign ends
- Dec. 2017 Tooling begins and sample production
- Jan - Mar 2018 GoSun Go production
- April 2018 Estimated delivery
GoSun has been working on an entry-level version of our breakthrough cooking technology since beginning on Kickstarter four years ago. This campaign is not just about funding, it is about engagement and feedback from the Kickstarter community who has literally created GoSun. Thanks to you, we are a crowdfunded company. We’ve done a lot with very little and we want to continue this highly productive, customer-centric development process. With Kickstarter, our customers weigh in with their pledge and are heard along the way. We cherish our customer’s opinion and we want to know what you’re thinking, where you’ll go with your GoSun Go and how you’ll get the most from cooking with the sun.
Beyond powering fun in the sun, GoSun is committed to making an impact with its solar cooking technology.
Dirty cooking is a global problem affecting more than 3 billion people, wasting significant amounts of time and money, often to the detriment of endangered forests and the lungs of women and children. By introducing culturally adapted solar cooking technology into emerging markets as a social enterprise, GoSun aims to make a substantial impact in the lives of millions.
Solar energy is not just the future; it's already here. With electric cars becoming the mode of transit for the future (1) and solar electric going an unprecedented rate (2), GoSun is leading the charge to bring all things solar into homes backyards and villages around the world.
Risks and challenges
This is GoSun's third Kickstarter campaign and we have learned a ton along the way. We are still optimistic designers, but we are more grounded in the reality of creating new, cutting edge products. Plus, the GoSun Go has spent a lot of time in design and engineering phase so we pretty familiar with how to build it.
The GoSun Go is made with new parts that will be made using plastic injection molding techniques using expensive molds. We have experts helping, but there are possibilities for errors due to tight tolerances and complex machinery. Said another way, this little product has a lot of parts that have to come together precisely.
International shipping is always a learning experience, but we have shipped product to over 60 countries and we've developed great partners to help with logistics - most of our logistics are handled in-house.
- (42 days)