PARADICE PALASE is an experiment in the community-supported gallery model. We curate bi-monthly exhibitions with affiliated programs including screenings, workshops, artist talks, performances and live music. Reaching into local communities as well as the community at large, we aim to give a platform for young, emerging, or underrepresented artists, broaden accessibility of the gallery experience through alternative means, and very importantly, get artists paid for their work.
For more information about our gallery model and our mission, please visit our website: www.paradicepalase.com
Exhibiting artists are asked to produce or provide affordable artworks or related products used as pledge items in each fundraiser. The budget includes production and maintenance costs, administrative costs, and artist stipends. These costs are estimated according to the scale of each presentation.
Our first show, Paradise Express, includes work by artists Annique Delphine (Photography), Joani Tremblay (Painting), Margaret Murphy (Photography), Netta Laufer (Photography & Video), Kat Ryals (Installation & Sculpture), and Camille Hoffman (Collage & Painting).
The gallery space is accounted for with no cost to us, so we are already one major step towards the finish line. It’s now up to you, the community at large, to decide how invested you will become in these artists, the gallery model, and the vision of PARADICE PALASE!
BREAKDOWN OF GOAL $$
$1200 - Production & Maintenance Costs -paint, spackle, rollers -nails, hanging system, tools -lightbulbs -cleaning supplies -drinks for opening/closing reception -postcards -PARADICE PALASE merchandise
$1800 - Artist Stipend (the more we earn past our goal, the more we can give to our artists!) -reimburse pledge item costs -funds to make new work -travel/shipment costs
$1400 - Administrative Costs -marketing/promotion -exhibition programming costs (we hope to host several programs) -curator stipend for install/deinstall/gallery hours -intern stipend
$1600 - Costs and Fees -5% Kickstarter fee -sales tax -income tax -shipping pledge items
WHY HELP US?
Too often are artists under-appreciated for their talents and services. PARADICE PALASE is: an “artist-first” model dedicated to getting artists paid for their efforts, a curated series of topics for your consideration, an experiment in the strength of community-driven arts. We seek alternative ways to bring viewership and longevity to the arts and are experimenting with one model we think could be a another outlet for artist/patron relationships. We ask for your pledge because we believe in the support for the arts and want to bring that to a non-white-cube setting.
One way of gaining visibility for exhibiting artists is through our incentive program. Each pledge earns you an original artwork, print, or accessory dependent on the range of donation. We ask artists to contribute small works, prints, merchandise like pins, patches and clothing, or fun workshops, and artist experiences. Higher contributions, especially from brands or businesses, may earn exposure on the PARADICE PALASE social media and marketing for the show.
LIST OF PLEDGE ITEMS
1. PARADICE PALASE Button
2. @shoptropigoth x PARADICE PALASE Enamel Logo Pin
3. Netta Laufer "Black Gold" series postcard
4. PARADICE PALASE Drink Koozie
5. Kat Ryals Deer Horn Keychain
6. Margaret Murphy 6" x 8" Prints
9. Camille Hoffman 7" x 11" Painting Prints
8. Exclusive Print - Annique Delphine Titty Landscape, 7" x 10"
9. L.E. Annique Delphine Pucker Cloud Tee
10. Exclusive Joani Tremblay Print
11. Camille Hoffman 6" x 8" Drawing Collage
12. Girl Power Collectible 3-Pack
13. Souvenirs From Paradise Art Pack
14. Paradise Oasis Starter Pack
15. Joani Tremblay Artist Talk / Private First Look
16. Pineapple Patron
17. Supreme Queen
18. Patron Saint of Paradise
--Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook at @paradicepalase to stay in the know on all our programming to come.--
Thank you so much!!
Risks and challenges
1. We are a small team organizing complete gallery experiences for the public. We super appreciate any and all contributions and are excited about the pledge items available for you all! Organizing and shipping all those lovely items to you is a task, and we will work hard to get them to you in a timely manner - promise - but if there's more of you helping us then we planned, it may take a bit longer than expected to reward you for your donation.
2. PARADICE PALASE swears by their artists and their communities, but we recognize the challenges facing getting community support for such a new and novel idea. We hope you love our experiment and share this campaign with anyone you think will love it too - artists, friends, collectors, business owners, whoever!
3. We run the risk of not meeting our initial goal, and that's a gamble we're willing to take. Thanks in advance to everyone who does donate! Like the precarious lives of creatives and artists, sometimes these things don't work out on the first try. We plan to still give viewership to all our artists through an online exhibition, where you can still enjoy the show and purchase any artwork you desire :)Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)