Alas, this campaign has concluded, but you'll soon be able to get a copy of your own from DriveThruRPG (albeit without stretch goals). Check our store or join our mailing list to be notified when it's available.
Modern Dungeon5 is a source book for playing the 5th edition of the world's best known fantasy role-playing game in a modern setting.
We've got pages and pages of stats for modern equipment --including vehicles -- so you'll have a mechanism for running car chases in your games. And a mechanism for computers and hacking. And you can blow stuff up. Or shoot things. There's also some new feats and spells but the biggest deal is the new classes.
There's 5 new classes, designed for modern-era and/or sci-fi settings.
- The Augment: Enhanced by science to attain physical perfection, how do they use their near-superhuman physique? Methodologies: Chemical Cowboy, Geneticist, and Jekyll.
- The Charmer: Using their personality and appeal to manipulate others, do they serve a cause or just themselves? Archetypes: Commander, Entertainer, Grimace, and Undercover Agent.
- The Expert: Specializing in one thing to become the best in the world, what area do they master? Specialties: Debunker, Hacker, Medic, Occult Scholar, and Saboteur.
- The Gadgeteer: Creating powerful but unstable prototypes, how will their inventions change the world? Archetypes: Inventor, Operator, and Cyborg.
- The Trickster: Confounding and befuddling opponents, are they highly skilled or just really lucky? Archetypes: Everyman, Harlequin, and Tychemancer.
We've also created new archetypes for each of the existing classes and updated their starting equipment and tool proficiencies to make them competitive with the modern classes.
To flesh out your character, there's also 25 new backgrounds you can choose from, allowing you to build a character from any walk of life.
$750: We'll add an extra 13 archetypes to the mix, giving you even more options to customize your character.
$1000 We'll throw in overhead token files suitable for online play (via Roll20.net or Fantasy Grounds and a pdf of stand-up tokens you can print out and assemble for use on physical maps. In both cases you'll get at least 4 tokens per class, plus NPCs and monsters.
$1500 We'll convert one of our existing adventure modules to 5e and include a pdf of it. We're still deciding which one to do. Email your preference to customerService@paNikproductions.com and you just might make up our minds for us.
Risks and challenges
We've published over a dozen titles, including print titles, through DriveThruRPG so we've got a proven track record for delivery. We're less familiar with shipping based on a Kickstarter campaign so there might be a delay of a few days while we figure it out.
The book is written, illustrated, and laid out. Files are backed up to multiple locations. Only a zombie apocalypse or the collapse of civilization can stop us.
Case in point: 4 days before launch, our primary development server died an untimely death. But thanks to backups, we can limp through the finish line on a laptop.
- (30 days)