This will be one of the first lacrosse films ever to be made! Journey with us as we bring this relentless sport to life!
My name is Kent Williamson and I am the writer/director of the lacrosse film UN1TY. People are asking themselves, "Why should I pledge to help the film UN1TY", so I thought I would share a few of the good reasons why you should help us reach our goal of $70,000. The screenplay of UN1TY is like The Blind Side meets Facing The Giants on the Lacrosse Field. It's an inspiring story about a team's journey to the state championship, but it's very different than most sports films.
• It only takes ONE DOLLAR to help us.
• There have been relatively no films made about the beautiful sport of Lacrosse! Check out the teaser... Did you know that Lacrosse is the oldest sport in America? First documented in the 1630s/1640s by the French Jesuit missionary, Jean de Brébeuf.
• There is A LOT of lacrosse action in the film. In the current version of the screenplay there are 10 game scenes! I am so excited to film these. Our plan is to truly take the viewer inside the sport... into the midst of the action. It should be amazing and I can't wait for you to see the end results.
• It's a film that the whole family can watch together. There are Lacrosse related injuries, the death of a friend, and the description of the martyrdom of a saint, but all of these are handled in a realistic manner and not gratuitous in any way. I believe they will provide families great opportunities for discussions about these issues. There are a number of life lessons learned, great character building moments, and heart-challenges that the viewer will experience.
• This film is fully endorsed by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. FCA Lacrosse national director Ryan Horanburg has written us a fantastic endorsement that you can read here... FCA intends to use the film upon its completion with their coaches, teams and "huddles". The opportunities for follow-on ministry are fantastic. As you may know, FCA does a great job challenging youth to not only excel in athletics on the field, but to excel in life. FCA's focus on the development of the spiritual side of these athletes makes me truly excited about the partnership we have with them.
• As I mentioned earlier, it only takes ONE DOLLAR to help us. Of course, we'd love for you to pledge more, but that's up to you. The thing about KickStarter is that we have to raise ALL the money or we get NONE of the money. What this means is that your credit card is not charged unless we reach our $70,000 goal. So that means that EVERY dollar is important... even yours.
• If 2,800 people pledge $25 we will reach our goal... for $25 you would get a pre-release copy of the DVD and your name in the credits of the film.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.