Welcome to the world of Paco Ŝako! The name comes from the international language of Esperanto where Paco Ŝako means peace chess. Paco Ŝako is a two player game based on the basic movements of chess, but with embraceable pieces which leads to a whole new and exciting gameplay! Enjoyed and appreciated by everyone from kids to adults, and from beginners to the most fanatical chess players!
After successfully producing a first edition in black and white, now we’re asking for your help to make Paco Ŝako in seven colours of the rainbow!
Paco Ŝako was designed and developed by Dutch artist and father of two young children, Felix Albers. Believing that chess could be created to express friendship, peace and collaboration on the chessboard, he created a game in which the aim would be to unite or ‘embrace’ with the other side. This was the type of game he wanted to play with his son, not only to teach him the great game of chess, but also give a kind, mindful and philosophical meaning to chess. His aim was to teach his son something essential about life, working together, merging strengths and finding harmony in a world with too much conflict and misunderstanding.
The unique interlocking curved design of the Paco Ŝako pieces, mean that they can form embracing unions, with all the pieces in balance with one another. The chess pieces themselves can be seen as symbols of love, peace, friendship and collaboration.
The design and concept of the game are fundamental to Paco Ŝako, but creating something challenging, stimulating and fun was very important.
Each Paco Ŝako piece moves in the same way as traditional chess pieces, but at the heart of the game is the idea that instead of ‘taking pieces’, they form unions. This also means that the pieces are never removed from the board during the game. These features add a whole new dimension and level of ingenuity to the game, culminating in the chain reaction!
The Four Essential Moves of Paco Ŝako
Creating a union
Create a union by uniting your piece with any of the pieces of the other player. If you create a union with the King of the other player, then you have won the game!
Moving a union
Both players can move a union around the board, but only based on THEIR piece in that union.
Taking over a union
Pieces have to be released from unions by playing another of your pieces into the union. The released piece can move out onto a free square OR can jump into an existing union, all within the same move.
The Chain reaction
One of the most exciting elements of Paco Ŝako, is the chain reaction. As long as each piece released from a union jumps directly into an existing union each time, you can make multiple jumps within one move.
Watch our full gameplay tutorial to discover and learn more about Paco Ŝako!
- It's highly interactive - each move can have a surprising impact on the state of the board.
- Fast paced - with new options and extended moves
- As the game progresses the players' patterns become increasingly intertwined
- The game becomes ever more dynamic and more opportunities arise towards the end game
- Creative gameplay
- Beautifully designed
- A thoughtful and elegant personal or corporate gift for all occasions
- A mindful philosophy
- Easy to pick up
- A challenge for the experienced chess player
- A new world to explore of strategies, openings, patterns and tricks
- Flexible play - you can also play traditional chess with the pieces
"Great game to play with the kids! Love it!"
"A different take on the classic Chess game. Lots of fun to play!"
"Love the idea, very exciting gameplay!"
- See feedback from our latest test play event in Amsterdam here.
- Review by Per Fischer, Danish writer, boardgames and chess fanatic.
- Game review: Ive Rismeberg, Chess Teacher from Los Angeles
- Dutch article on at Chessmenmuseum Rotterdam (Sponsor of game rule books)
Paco Ŝako is a great game for young players!
- Kids pick it up really quickly
- They love the high energy of the game
- They love how they can connect the pieces
- They appreciate the friendly nature of the game
- They love that all of their pieces stay on the board
- They love the bright colours
- They like to choose their favourite colour to play and unite with their friends
- They enjoy 'hopping' with the pieces in the chain reaction
Paco Ŝako was originally designed with the idea of introducing children to the concept of cooperation through gameplay. Ultimately our dream is that Paco Ŝako will be played and taught not only as a strategic and challenging mind-game, but also to engage children in philosophical thinking through play. It’s an embodiment of the society in which we live, work and create together.
Our Peace Pawns are our most iconic piece! These little pioneers travel around the world as little ambassadors for our game. You can follow their progress here! Send in your photos, or tag our page to share your own Peace Pawn adventures!
- Height of King: 80 mm
- Weight added per piece: 8 grams
- Total set weight: 520 grams
- Felt inlay finish on the bottom
- Game rule book included
- All pieces interlock perfectly
- Unique registration number per set
- Plastic, Metal, Felt
- CE marking
From the smallest to the largest donation, we have a range of rewards to thank you for supporting our campaign. As an added thank you for coming on board, the first 500 backers will receive an extra set of the iconic peace pawns for display.
We’re offering Paco Ŝako sets in seven bright colours of the rainbow: yellow, orange, red, pink, purple, blue and green, as well as a traditional black and white edition, now with a role-up chess board included. We'll contact you after the campaign has finished to ask you for your colour selections.
We also have a Peace Pawn Pioneers Package and a 3D print file of a Peace Pawn for your collection.
For each reward, you have the option to add extra money to your pledge to add additional rewards to your chosen package!
5 sets of Peace Pawns Pioneers
Print your own Peace Pawn!
Paco Ŝako Colour Sets
Black & White Paco Ŝako Sets
Black and White + Colour Set Package
Paco Ŝako Rainbow Package!
I have added a retailers pledge. Retailers who pledge this award are likely to receive there sets in November. Same quality and type of box as the black and white sets. If we make the campaign we will directly make an order for coloured sets. Retailers who back the Kickstarter will be ensured to be part of this first production (edition). For more info, please contact us.
You have the option to add extra money to your pledge to order additional item.
- Add 10 Euros for each Peace Pawn Pioneers Package
- Add 20 Euros for a 3D Printing Pawn File
- Add 25 Euros to your pledge for each extra colour half set you would like.
- Add 45 Euros to your pledge for each Black and White full set you would like.
NB. You will be contacted after the campaign ends to make your colour selection(s).
- You’ll be among the first - Kickstarter backers will receive their sets, before they hit the shops and online distribution
- You’ll be the owners of limited first editions.
- The first 500 backers will get an extra set of the iconic peace pawns for display.
- Be one of the first to explore the depth of the game and develop your own knowledge, patterns and tricks!
- We can’t do it without you! - We’ve got the game to where it is now working on the design, development, art and graphic design, but we can't print and ship without you! Help us make this unique game a reality.
- We offer a special rate of 15 Euro for shipping cost for sending overseas. Each extra set to the same adres will be shipped for free!
- By contributing to this project, you’ll also be helping a small startup reach a global audience with a message of peace, friendship and collaboration.
The estimated delivery date for this Kickstarter is December 2017. The game design, graphics and artwork are all ready to go, and we will go into production as soon as the campaign ends, as long as we have made our funding goal.
We are based in Europe but we really want our game to be enjoyed internationally so we are trying to absorb extra shipping costs where we can, so we can make it more accessible to you.
We charge 15 Euros per shipping to the US and the rest of the world (excluding Europe). This is a flat rate - you won't be charged any extra shipping for additional sets you add to the same package going to the same address. So team up with friends, family or colleagues and get two, three, four, or more sets for only 15 Euros shipping costs. This also applies to the larger rewards where a flat rate of 15 Euros will be charged.
For Europe we will apply a flat rate of 10 Euros, with a rate of 7 Euros postage within The Netherlands).
Risiken und Herausforderungen
We have worked really hard to minimise any risks on our side. The game design, graphics and artwork are all ready to go, and the colours have been picked and agreed with the manufacturer. They will go into production as soon as the campaign ends, as long as we have made our funding goal.
The estimated delivery date for this Kickstarter is December 2017. We are working with trusted manufactures who we have worked with before, and who have delivered sets to us before on time, as promised. However it’s important to note that there is always the outside risk that there may be factory delays or customs delays which are completely out of our control.Näheres zur Rechenschaftspflicht auf Kickstarter
- (36 Tage)