WELCOME TO THE WORLD THAT IS JOURNEY TO THE OVERLAND!
Welcome to the world that is Journey To The Overland! Journey To The Overland is a Solo Tabletop Roleplaying Game. We like to think it is unique and there is nothing like it on the market. Inspired by such classic games as Barbarian Prince, Dungeons and Dragons, Lone Wolf and Magnamund, and old school Avalon Hill; Journey To The Overland is a mesh of the best parts of each!
Like Barbarian Prince you start out as a lone adventurer seeking to obtain one of the land's Five Weapons of Powers: The Bloodblade, The Peaceful Palms, The Bow of Light, The Resurrection Ring or The Emerald Cross.
If you are fortunate enough to obtain even one of these your next objective will be to Defeat the Dragon Valron by journeying to his cave in the Infested Mountains and facing him in single combat. And don't even think of going there without at least one of the great weapons of power! (Seriously!)
If you do kill Valron (and that is a very big if) you will be a legend in the Overland and it will behoove you to shape your destiny by challenging the two greatest rulers in the land, King Overlord himself and the evil Wizard Morcai! But heck you are a Dragonslayer what kind of challenge could a legendary king and a nearly immortal wizard be for you!
With that out of the way the only thing that remains is to subject the Overland itself to your will by raising an army and marching on each and every town and castle in the kingdom until they pledge unflinching loyalty to you and your monarchy! Then again, maybe you should do that before you take on the King and Morcai as each of them has a formidable army of their own you will have to take into consideration when you challenge them!
Having done all that. You will stand alone in the Overland as a power unseen in its millennia. Travel the world, rule the kingdom or take to the seas on your own ship and sail into legend! But whatever you do you must.....TAKE THE JOURNEY ALONE!
If you are curious as to what the world of Journey To The Overland is all about or how a Solo Tabletop Roleplaying game work download a FREE preview copy of the rulebook at DTRPG:
AN OVERVIEW OF THE GAME CONCEPT!
The Journey To The Overland Core Game includes: a softcover Rulebook, 101 color Encounter Cards, 18 color Weather Cards, 18 color Event Cards, 18 color Quest cards, five page Character Sheet, two d10 dice and a full color 3" x 3" map.
If we reach the $6,000 stretch goal every NextGen pledge and above will receive 10 FREE Pre-generated Characters each with their own unique adventure.
If we reach the $7,000 stretch goal every NextGen pledge and above will receive 40 FREE Troop Counters to besiege towns and wage war in The Overland!
If we reach the $7500 Stretch Goal each NexGen pledge and above will receive a free Full Color World Map of the World of Overland!
If we reach the $8,000 Stretch Goal every NextGen pledge and above wil receive a FREE copy of the Journey To The Overland Scenario Book One. This Scenario Book contains 10 scenarios that allow your character to try out skills and abilities that they may not have acquired yet such as Knighthood, gaining and NPC Comrade and even a fight with a Dragon!
If we reach the $8500 Stretch Goal every NextGen pledge and above will receive a FREE color insert of the Overland Arena together with a pull out of the rules for fighting in the arena!
My grandmother always said why pay for something you can get FREE! Keep that $10.00 in your pocket when we reach $9,000!
JTO Custom GM Screens at $9,500! Now you can hide what you have planned for yourself!
If we reach this Stretch Goal all NEXTGEN Backers will receive the 50 card Expanded Items Card Deck. This deck not only adds 50 more Encounter Cards to your game but it introduces "Items" that your character can use to increase their chances of surviving in The Overland like 'magic swords', 'magic lassos', a compass, climbing gear, a lance and a whole lot more. Includes rules leaflet for incorporating items into the game!
In keeping with an unwritten Kickstarter tradition one of the last Stretch Goals of any game campaign should be to fund more art and better contents! If we hit this last chance extreme stretch goal ten additional full color art pages will be added to the Hardcover rulebook!
Right now I have ideas for the following:
- A bar fight in a "tavern"
- A Barbarian standing obtaining an 'audience' before a King
- An Admiral surveying the ocean from the prow of his warship
- An Elf fighter in combat with a Dwarf Warrior!
- A soldiers' camp
- A harbor or port in Zafton
- A party's campsite
- A Shadow Knight
- A gladiator fighting a Yeti in the Overland Arena!
ALL NEXTGEN PLEDGE LEVELS INCLUDE ALL THE FOLLOWING!
THE REVISED RULEBOOK $25.00
So for all the prior Backers wondering what is new in the revised rule book I prepared this graphic. I may have missed somethings but these are the major changes and revisions I have made over the last year. In practice the rule book is twice as large as it was in 2014!
THE REVISED HARDCOVER RULEBOOK $40.00
If you have a current copy of the game and would simply like to get the Revised Hardcover Rulebook this pledge is for you. Backers will also have the option of 'swapping out' the Revised Softcover Rulebook in their Core Game or NextGen Pledges for the hardcover (see below)
ORIGINAL KICKSTARTER PLEDGES $55.00 UPGRADED CONTENTS/COMPONENTS
If you Backed the first Kickstarter. First of all THANK YOU! Journey To The Overland would not exist without your investment and support. If you would like to bring your copy of Journey To The Overland current with the version that exists today in the Core Game then this pledge is for you. It also includes Upgraded Stretch Goal content for all Backers who have not yet received any of the Stretch Goals included in this campaign. Finally, original Backers will not be charged shipping for any Upgraded Stretch Goals received in this pledge. However the cost of shipping the Hardcover Rulebook will be collected after the campaign.
$20.00 HARDCOVER UPGRADE!
If you are a Core Game or NextGen Backer and would like to "replace" your sofcover rulebook that comes with the game with the Hardcover Rulebook you can add $20.00 to your pledge to upgrade it with the hardcover ADD ON. Obviously if you want "both" rulebooks (maybe to use one for reading and one for playing) then you can do that by adding the $40.00 Hardcover pledge to your NextGen pledge. I was going to add this option to the BackerKit but I have had several messages to clarify this on the campaign page and am doing so now! Thanks.
MORE TO EXPLORE...
As the campaign draws to a close I have been asked to give Backers a peek of all the unlocked or unattained Stretch Goals and/or ADD ONS that can be added to your pledge now or in the BackerKit when the campaign closes. All supplements with the word "Expansion" in the title except The Misery Expansion include a Supplement, Additional Encounter Cards and a new color hex "map"
- The Bounty Hunter Expansion allows you to take on the role of a Bounty Hunter in the world of Overland and track fugitives for experience points and pay!
- The Urban Expansion is an urban version of the JTO game where you will be able to travel to and visit various urban locations on a color hex map of the port town of Zafton. This expansion includes its own map, and unique encounter and event cards!
- The Ghost Town of Misery is a Lovecraftian Expansion that allows you to explore the lost Town of Misery. However once you enter this town of Lovecraftian horror the challenge will be to get out again before you go mad!
- The Wooddam Forest Expansion is the first in a planned series of 'blow out' maps featuring more detailed adventures and encounters in the Overland's swamps, forests and mountains! This expansion will include a new color forest hex map, unique forest themed encounter and event cards.
- Scenario Book One is a supplement containing 10 scenarios allowing you to learn the basics of getting started playing in the world of Overland.
- The Unknown Islands Expansion is allows you to lead an expedition to the mysterious aboriginal "Unknown Islands" located right off the northwest coast of the Overland. With this expansion you and your party will explore the jungles of The Unknown Islands and encounter the many prehistoric peoples and beasts that dwell there!
- The 50 card Encounter Card Expansion contains 50 new Encounter Cards that introduce "items" to the game of Journey To The Overland. Using these cards you will be able to wield magical swords, wear magical armor and come across useful gear like maps, spy glasses, a constable's badge and mountain gear!
- The 24 NPC Card Set contains Encounter Cards of all the major NPCs in the game of Journey To The Overland together with all five of The Weapons of Power. Cards include King Overlord, King Thorond, The First Knight Bonelord, The Pathfinder, Morcai, and all the town mayors!
- 40 Custom Game Counters allow you to field Infantry, Archers, Cavalry, Artillery, Savages, Pikemen and Barbarian troops in your games of Journey To The Overland. All made exclusively for Journey To The Overland by the popular Okumarts of DTRPG!
- The 10 Pre-Generated Character Sheets give you 10 ready made NPCs that you can play alone or together with your own player character. Each comes with their own unique scenario and notes on incorporating them into your own games.
- The Two Player Variant is a one-time only module that allows you to play Journey To The Overland with one other player as you both set out from two different towns to try and accomplish one objective - stop the approaching doom that threatens to destroy the very Overland itself. Can you succeed before the Doom Track runs out!
- The Overland Quest novel is a paperback novel detailing the story of Maverick and Lyla and their quest in the Overland to unravel the mystery of the king's death! Or the rumor that started it all!
- TAKE THE JOURNEY ALONE! With the JTO T-Shirt! Available in custom sizes (and colors?). Sizes for sure. We will have more details on the colors after the campaign!
- The Town Mayors miniature set is a set of 8 miniatures depicting the town mayors of Journey To The Overland. These miniatures will be available in black acrylic high detail plastic or as downloadable STL files!
- The Custom JTO GM Screen makes it easy for you to GM your own solo games! Only a $10.00 ADD ON!
- If you are not getting the NextGen Pledge and just adding a Hardcover or updated Softcover rulebook to your existing Journey To The Overland set then you will want to get the Unreleased Card Set! Includes 8 unreleased Event/Quest cards and 17 unreleased Encounter Cards. $20.00 ADD ON!
ALL AVAILABLE TO ADD NOW OR LATER!
PRINTED VERSIONS OF ALL THE JTO TOWNSCAPE SETS WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE IN THE BACKERKIT AT THE END OF THE CAMPAIGN!
WHAT IS THE MASTER STORYTELLER PLEDGE?
Simply put The $250 Master Storyteller pledge includes everything you need to make the personal story of your journeys in The Overland complete:
- The Core Game
- The 50 Card Expanded Item Encounter Cards
- The 25 Card Unreleased Card Set
- The 24 Card NPC/Weapons of Power Card Set
- The Hardcover Rulebook Upgrade
- The Illustrated Character Sheet
- The Custom GM Screen
- The Bounty Hunter Expansion
- The Overland Arena Expansion
- The Urban Expansion
- The Unknown Island Expansion
- The Ghost Town of Misery Expansion
- Scenario Book One
- The Two Player Variant
- The Overland Quest Novel Digital Download
- The Unreleased Expansions STL files
- The Maverick & Lyla Kickstarter Exclusive Encounter Cards
- and The Color World Map
- and you get to send my concepts for five (5) Encounter Cards of your choice to be added to the game or a future expansion.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT JOURNEY TO THE OVERLAND!
DELVE DEEPER AT ARCHIVOS!
Delver deeper into the world of the Overland and learn more about its NPCs and the game world by visiting the Archivos Storytelling website and creating a free account and then clicking on the Journey To The Overland story.
Based on past experience, we will be charging shipping after the Kickstarter concludes based on the actual costs incurred to ship. We will collect this via our pledge manager after the campaign ends. Eu Friendly means packages destined for the UK and EU will ship from the UK or EU and therefore the shipping collected will represent the entire cost of receiving their packages to our UK and EU Backers.
SHARE THE JOURNEY!
Risks and challenges
As with all Kickstarters the largest two risks are: unfulfillment and late delivery. The risk of unfulfillment is very small as we have delivered the Core Game on one prior Kickstarter and the Core Game is currently print ready. That does not mean there is no risk of unfulfillment as personal issues or manufacturing mishaps could happen. Neither of these are anticipated. The risk of late delivery is fairly high as it is with all Kickstarters even some of the largest. However having completed one Kickstarter previously I have factored in additional time for delivery. At time of launch we are still fulfilling the 'stretch goal' portion of our first Kickstarter and that will continue through this Kickstarter and its fulfillment however many of the stretch goals unlocked in that Kickstarter have been reoffered in this Kickstarter so we will be essentially fulfilling both at the same time. Shipping is always a risk as I had several packages returned undelivered during the last Kickstarter however the occurrence of this was minimal and usually quickly resolved. If you have any specific questions concerning risks associated with Backing this project please message me directly before doing so.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (34 days)