About this project
The MERCENARY boxed set of Outrider includes:
- One Set of 24 Vehicles & matching dashboards (12 double-sided cards, each) + 4 Exclusives, Including The Texicon '71 Conestoga "War Wagon" car with 'Texi' Kahn driver character
- 1 Deck of Maneuver Cards (now with Advanced Maneuvers added)
- 1 Range Ruler
- 1 Large Format Rules Reference Sheet, 2 Reference Cards and Quickplay 'Kickstart Rules'
- Resource/Tracking Tokens for 8 players
- 1 Initiative Tracker + Enough Vanity plate tokens & Gear Shifter Cards for 8 Players
- 12 Terrain Tiles from the Presidio County Roads set & four included scenarios cards
- 1 Rulebook
- 1 set of 4 Camo Green dice (D6, D8, D10, D12)
In addition, the VETERAN pre-order set includes:
- An addtional Set of vehicles & dashboards + the VETERAN tier exclusive 'Outrider' chassis
- 1 Additional set of 12 Terrain Tiles from your choice of Presidio County Roads, Backroads or MotoRodeo sets
- Critical Damage Deck Expansion
- Performance Deck Expansion
- Large/XL Vehicles Expansion
- Urban Decay Expansion (Motorcycle, Pedestrian & Fortification rules)
- Black Gold & Cal-Sahara Campaign Expansions
PayPal pre-orders will be processed in the order they are received. Shipping included for US buyers Contact me at email@example.com if you wish to be invoiced for bundles, including multiple copies, add-on items and international shipping rates.
Outrider is a game of post-apocalyptic vehicular combat set in a futuristic, western dystopia where 21st century cowboys called 'Outriders' provide safe passage across the forgotten highways of the southwest, while trying to stay one step ahead of raiding parties and the long arm of the law.
Teachable in minutes, Outrider sets up fast and plays fast, while retaining a high level of customizable detail. Using a unique blend of dice, card, point allocation and press-your-luck mechanics, Outrider has creates a fun, engaging balance of tactics and risk. Outrider has attracted gamers from all walks of life. Hardcore wargamers, casual (gateway) gamers and kids of all ages are caught by its approachable mechanics and visual 'curb appeal.'
Designed with scalability in mind, Outrider supports 2-8 players, right out of the box. Game types can range from quick free-for-alls, using just the base deck at the coffee shop or they can be scenario-based, team games played with terrain and miniatures (in the form of 64th scale diecast cars). Beer and pretzels not included.
Fast and Furious.
The focus of Outrider is to keep the pace fast, the choices meaningful and the action fun! Most games take a hour. Even with six to eight players, the rounds are quick. The press-your-luck, programmable mechanics are designed to encourage bold maneuvers — at the risk of epic failure!
Spend more time playing and less time setting up. Players select their vehicles from a set of 16 chassis that represent a wide variety of vehicles, each with its own unique characteristics. Players then quickly customize (and arm) those vehicles to match their style of play, using a pool of four dice. The dice represent the engine, weapons, armor and driver of the vehicle.
Get Behind the Wheel.
Play is centered around a maneuver deck that allows the players to 'program' their action for a turn. Programmable actions include both movement and attacks - but players need to be careful: Their 'Riders may not be able to handle everything demanded of them, resulting in a possible loss of control.
Outrider began life as a Print & Play title on various websites, such as DriveThruRPG, WarGameVault and Steve Jackson's E23 Warehouse. This delivery method (electronic delivery & Print-On-Demand) has been a great, relatively risk-free way to introduce the game to the hobbyist crowd. After more than three years on the Print & Play market, I feel that Outrider has evolved into a product that a wider audience of gamers would enjoy.
Outrider Reviews & Previews:
- EXTRA MANEUVER DECK +$3 USD ea. Add an additional Maneuver Deck to your game, for those EPIC sessions of Outrider.
- PREMIUM DICE SET +$4 USD ea.Add additional sets of dice to your boxed set of Outrider. Choose from Camo or Asphalt color schemes.
- MINI DECK +$5 USD This half-sized deck of vehicle & Maneuver cards will allow you to turn your coffee table (or the table at your local coffee house/pub) into a mini warzone!
- MOST WANTED DECK +$5 USD This deck adds 12 Iconic Drivers to your game, including some LEGENDARY characters. This item is already included in LEGENDARY sets.
- CRITICAL DAMAGE DECK +$5 USD This deck adds targeted damage and degrading effects to the rules, allowing you to destroy weapons, compromise armor and even kill the driver outright! This deck is already included with VETERAN and LEGENDARY sets.
- PERFORMANCE DECK +$5 USD This deck adds performance gear like Superchargers, NOX Bottles, Pine-Scented Air Fresheners ... anything that will give your car that performance edge. This expansion deck is included with VETERAN and LEGENDARY sets
- DEFENSIVE EQUIPMENT DECK +$5 USD This deck adds Defensive gear like Armor Piercing Ammo, Reactive Armor, A nice, big Crosshair Hood Ornament(?!) and lots of other nasty tricks to help you put more, larger holes in the enemy. This expansion deck is included with VETERAN and LEGENDARY sets
- PASSIVE AGGRESSION DECK +$5 USD Add Passive/dropped weapons to your game, in the form of Oil/Napalm Slicks, Smokescreens, Mines, Caltrops and many other 'Spy Car' favorites.
- AUXILIARY WEAPON DECK +$5 USD Why not make better use of that secondary weapon slot? Wouldn't a wide selection of weaponry, including a Flamethrower, Rockets or Grenade Launcher work much better in that location?
- CONTACT WEAPON DECK +$5 USD The best offense is an insanely dangerous defense, right? Make them afraid to get near you with a selection of Blades, Saws, Spikes and much, much more to make you a close combat monster!
- LARGE / XL VEHICLE EXPANSION +$10 USD This expansion adds new rules, four Large/XL Vehicle cards, a mini Terrain Tiles set & Four scenarios revolving around large vehicles. This expansion is included with VETERAN and LEGENDARY sets.
- URBAN DECAY EXPANSION +$10 USD This EXPANSION adds motorcycles, pedestrians and fortification rules, cards and tiles to the game. This expansion is included with VETERAN and LEGENDARY sets.
- TERRAIN TILES +$15 USD ea. EXPAND YOUR WARZONE! Add extra sets of modular tiles to your boxed set of Outrider. Each set Includes 6 Straight/Turn, 4 Building/Obstacle, 2 Intersection & 4 Scenario reference cards. Available in the following themes: Presidio County Roads (the basic set), Backroads (dirt & gravel) & Mesquite Motorodeo (motorsports set).
- BLACK GOLD CAMPAIGN +$20 USD ea. The campaign expansion contains a set of linked adventures including unique characters, cards for new vehicles & equipment as well as a full set of Terrain Tiles for creating the scenario maps. The rulebook also includes rules for adding RPG elements to the game (character generation, an XP system for leveling, etc). This expansion is included with VETERAN and LEGENDARY sets.
- CAL-SAHARA CAMPAIGN +$20 USD ea. The campaign expansion contains a set of linked adventures including unique characters, cards for new vehicles, equipment 7 Terrain Tiles for scenarios based in the Cal-Sahara Free Republic and surrounding areas. This expansion is included with VETERAN and LEGENDARY sets.
- VEHICLES FROM THE DFG TOYBOX +$25 USD/SET This set includes two modded diecast vehicles painted to a tabletop standard. The vehicles will be a randomized mix from the following types — Muscle Car, Dune Buggy, Pickup Truck, Van or SUV. The vehicles will contain weapons & armor from the Stan Johansen 'Road Warrior' Line. Because of the metal elements & paint, these cars are considered hobby-grade components and are not recommended for children under the age of 13.
- ADDITIONAL BOXED SETS +$30 USD/SET Add additional boxed sets of the game to your reward. This boxed set will be equivalent to the MERCENARY tier reward.
COMPLETED STRETCH GOALS:
- $10,000 — Four Bonus Vehicle Cards UPGRADE
- $11,000 — Critical Damage Deck EXPANSION
- $11,500 — Outrider Toolkit mini UPGRADE
- $12,000 — Four More Vehicle Cards + custom dice UPGRADE
- $13,000 — Performance Deck EXPANSION
- $13,500 — Defensive Deck EXPANSION
- $14,000 — Large/XL Vehicle EXPANSION
- $15,000 — Urban Decay EXPANSION
- $16,500 — Advanced Maneuvers UPGRADE
- $18,000 — Black Gold campaign EXPANSION
- $22,000 — Cal-Sahara campaign EXPANSION
All pledge levels include shipping charges to US addresses that accept parcels, via USPS Priority Mail. The shipping menu includes prices for International destinations. International pledgers will be responsible for any ensuing fees, taxes or tariffs imposed in accordance with their local customs, postal or government policies.
Risks and challenges
I have been producing and selling electronic copies, Print-On-Demand and handcrafted versions of Outrider for more than three years now. The challenges of this project come with scalability. The basic funding goal has been calculated for producing the game at a 'cottage industry' level. As the funding exceeds the minimum goal, the challenge lies in switching to a mass-produced source as certain funding thresholds are crossed. I have spent the last two years researching cost-competitive sources for the game's components and feel I am ready to meet the challenge of seeing this game reach the hands of supporters by Q4 of 2015.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)