About this project
After about 1 year of development, the third one to born on the family is the DACBerry PRO. A High-End I2S Sound Card specially designed to fit on practically all of the Raspberry Pi models and other compatible boards.
Up to 384kHz playrate and Balanced Analog Output, supported by using the XLR expansion board for DACBerry PRO.
With a built-in 3W Hi-Fi Stereao Hedphone Amplifier, you will be able to use from 4 Ohm to 600 Ohm Professional Studio Headphones. Two RCA and one 6.35mm jack are fitted to the board.
DACBerry PRO is one of the most advanced Raspberry Pi Soundcards in the market, with four independent Ultra Low-Noise Power Supplies to bring you the best Audio Experience ever. No external power needed!
- TI Burr Brown 32-bit/384kHz DAC (PCM5242)
- Integrated hardware volume control
- Built in 3W Hi-Fi Headphone Amplifier (TPA6120A2)
- 114db SNR, and -94db THD
- 6.35mm Audio Jack
- 4 to 600 Ohm Studio Headphones
- +/-15V Integrated Voltage Regulator
- Isolated Digital and Analog Circuits
- Quad Low-Noise Integrated Power Supplies
- Raspberry Pi powered, no external power requirements
- Industry standard audio quality Phono/RCA connectors
- Built-in header to deliver Balanced output to XLR or similar
- Built-in mini DSP Fully built and tested Raspberry Pi accessory
- Designed and assembled in Barcelona, Spain.
It's only working on a Raspberry Pi? The answer is NO!
Fully pin compatible with:
- Raspberry Pi A+/B+ – 2B – 3B
- Raspberry Pi Zero
- Raspberry Pi Zero W
- Asus Tinker Board
Also compatible with other boards through I2S protocol
Prototype boards are already fully working and we have validated the design. So after the campaign ends we will go to mass production.
- January 2017: Idea Development and Concept Review
- February 2017: Design Review
- March 2017: Testing and Prototyping
- April 2017: First Production Prototypes
- May 2017: Launching Product and Kickstarter Campaign
- June 2017: Campaign ends and funding process
- July 2017: First Production run
- August 2017: Boards shipment
• Why DACBerry PRO on Kickstarter?
With your help DACBerry PRO is about to become a reality and start mass production! That's the reason why we are launching this project on Kickstarter.
• How can I get a DACBerry PRO?
You can reserve your DACBerry PRO during the thirty (30) days of the Kickstarter campaign at a lower price in comparison to the full retail price. Once the campaign is over and production starts in full, we will start pre-selling our device through our website (www.osaelectronics.com).
• How do I select the model?
When the campagin ends, you will be able to select your desired model!
• Will be a case available?
Yes, will be! We are making efforts to have it before campaign ends, but injection molds are too expensive for just a few units. So we hope we can achieve our goals to bring all people a case for the two models!
• Why that shipping cost?
There are other cheaper options but we want to offer you the best possible solution. The rate includes Insurance, door by door and 24-48h delivery. All the units will be sent using Fedex Express International. We recommend you to select x2, x3 or x5 options, because shipping costs will be the same, and you can share it with your friends!
• Is the Raspberry Pi included?
Of course, not! :)
• What is going to happen after Kickstarter campaign ends?
Immediately after we finish our campaign and we receive the funds (15 days) we will start the mass production of the device.
• How much will shipping cost, and how long will it take?
There is only one shipping option via Kickstarter, however terms and ETA’s will vary depending on each country. Also we are starting the delivery in Backers order. After Kickstarter campaign and pre-sales ends you will be able to choose the alternative that better suits your delivery needs.
Risks and challenges
Developing all the DACBerry PRO is not cheaper and requires a lot of money and time to invest. All of the contributions will be directly re-invested in the new products of the family like DACBerry NTB or DACBerry Tube designs. We want to bring you new solutions for your designs!
Also a huge investment has been done on laboratory intrumentation for prototype testing and development.
Our goal is to send every item in a excepcional condition, in a cool package and with so many love to you :)
Also we are working hard to have official support of 3rd party software to make an easy integration for you, and to have many choices about how to implement it.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)