We are introducing a new member to DACBerry Family, the DACBerry AMP². A high-end I2S Amplifier Board specially designed to fit on practically all of the Raspberry Pi models and other compatible boards like Asus Tinker board, Nvidia Jetson Nano, and so on.
The DACBerry AMP² provides a 4x60W amplified dual stereo output in Dual Stereo mode and up to 2x100W in Dual Mono mode. Integrates a 192kHz/32 bit DAC chips with hardware volume mixing and miniDSP.
No soldering is required, it’s simple to install and use. All the mounting hardware already provided this product, suitable from beginners to professionals. Just connect your DACBerry AMP² to your desired powered speakers or to an audio amplifier and you can be up and running quickly, enjoying flawless high quality audio playback within minutes of unboxing this soundcard.
The DACBerry AMP² uses the I2S interface for its audio input which reduces CPU load on the Raspberry Pi compared to USB solutions.
It is also powered directly from the GPIO header so no extra cables or power supplies are needed.
There are a number of exciting projects and applications where the standard on-board audio on the Raspberry Pi simply won’t make it. Use it for streaming your favorite songs from your phone, create a multi-room audo player or media center, play your desired spotify playlist or enjoy watching youtube videos with a high definition audio, and many many more.
At the end of the campaign, you will be able to add whatever you want from the store at no extra shipping cost.
The main features of the AMP² are:
- Class D Amplifier
- 60W Quad Stereo / 100W Dual Mono
- Up to 192kHz/32bits
- THD+N @1kHz - 0.006 %
- Integrated Custom miniDSP
- 15V to 24V External Input
- 5V/3A Integrated Regulator for Pi
- Custom Heatsink for the best Thermal Performance
- Low-Noise design with isolated Digital and Analog parts
- Dual ultra low-noise LDO’s for analog an digital power rails
- Onboard I2C connector (Qwiic compatible) for peripherals
- Compatible with all Raspberry Pi’s with the 40-pin connector
- Compatible with Asus Tinker Board and other boards (Odroid, Banana Pi, XMOS interfaces..) using I2S protocol via SDB™ port
- Compatible with OSMC / RuneAudio / Volumio / Moode / PiCorePlayer / PiMusicBox / OpenELEC and others
- Designed and assembled in the beautiful Barcelona, Spain.
***We only use original parts and from top brands on our products. Stay away from products using fake parts and help us to win the battle against counterfeit semiconductors products.***
As mentioned before, the board is fully pin compatible with:
- Raspberry Pi A+/B+ – 2B – 3B – 3B+
- Raspberry Pi Zero - Raspberry Pi Zero W
- Asus Tinker Board
- Compatible with other boards (Odroid, Banana Pi, XMOS interfaces..) using I2S protocol
Oct 2018: Idea Development and Concept/Design Review
Jan 2019: Testing and Prototyping
Jun 2019: First units available to test and review
Sep 2019: Launching Product and Crowfunding Campaign
Oct 2019: Campaign ends and funding process
Nov 2019: Boards shipment
Risks and challenges
Developing all the DACBerry AMP² is not cheap and requires a lot of time and money to invest. All of the contributions will be directly re-invested in the new products of the family like DACBerry NTB or DACBerry Tube designs. We want to bring you new solutions for your designs!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)