The Chainsaw Incident (Canceled)
The Chainsaw Incident (Canceled)
A hand-drawn, fighting game project forged by the minds that brought you Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur and YOU.
A hand-drawn, fighting game project forged by the minds that brought you Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur and YOU. Read more
This is your chance to be a part of fighting game history!
ABOUT THE CHAINSAW INCIDENT Thank you for your interest in our fighting game, The Chainsaw Incident. The concept for the title originated in late 2013, and after months of hard work, we're now extremely excited to show you what our dream project, The Chainsaw Incident, is all about.
The early Pre-Alpha gameplay shown is purely for this pitch and we want to be clear that the final game will be far better as we move forward.
We are asking for $275,000 to help us ramp up for full time production from part time. The more we can add on now the more time and staff we can commit to the project. So we ask you all to share this Kickstarter, we don't want to promise unrealistic goals. And regardless of which milestone is met, the full game will come out with all 14 characters, but the time it takes us varies based off of whether we can take this on full time.
Here is a recent proof of concept as we transition into Unreal Engine 4 to help give you a better idea of how the game is evolving.
For those that don't know who we are, ORiGO GAMES a independent game developer and publisher. With a team that has been working for over 15 years in the gaming industry and animation sector doing ninja-like assassin work for hire. While we've greatly enjoyed the experiences that have led us to this point in our history, developing our own products has always been the end goal.
We have developed the ambition, skill sets, and knowledge to produce our dream fighting game, but we've lacked the attachment of a well-known brand. So, we turned to our longtime friends at Crazy Piranha Animation to come up with something really unique. We put our heads together to create a fighting game that would stand out from the traditional titles while pushing the genre forward. Our focus was on delivering amazing fighting mechanics, a compelling roster of characters, and a balance between old-school and new school fighting games. We know that the marketplace is crowded, but we also know that fighting game fans like to see something new every once-in-a-while and that they, like us, very much appreciate experiencing something both nostalgic and new to experience.
That is our goal - to deliver a dynamic fighting game experience that is both meaningful and memorable. To challenge ourselves as fighting game fans while fostering a community that cares about the genre as much as we do. This is what The Chainsaw Incident is all about, and we couldn't be more excited to extend the opportunity to accomplish something together within the fighting game community!
- The maniacal members of the The Chainsaw Incident's cast serve as our salute to the horror stories, movies, and heavy metal that we all love. Through them, we want to provide a sense of discovery for those that unearth their actual meaning while also mixing in a romanticized retro feel to the roster.
- The beta roster will be 8 characters that the community will vote on, but will be 14 characters by launch.
- We will include ALL 14 currently revealed characters in the game, but we're relying on The Chainsaw Incident community to decide which additional characters make it to the beta launch.
- Based on our milestones, we hope to launch the beta with all of the characters ready to rock, so let's work together to unlock them all and make this an amazing fighting game experience!
- For character profiles please check our website for more information. http://www.thechainsawincident.com
- The Chainsaw Incident: Synopsis
- Lenore isn't your typical teenager. While most of her schoolmates are busy with boys or busting their parent's bank accounts at the local shopping mall, Lenore is more drawn to the mysterious, the morbid, and even the downright scary. Sure, she's a smart and tough survivor, but everything about her was challenged the moment she arrived in Nevermore. You see, she has no idea HOW she got here, but she instantly knew that this dark and morbid place was just right for her. Nevermore, however has become infected with a darkness in the form of chainsaws that is spreading like a disease.
- That's when she met Poe, a Raven Spirit who somehow is somehow bound to her soul. Lenore thinks Nevermore is almost a dream come true for a dark brooding horror fan like herself, but Poe comes with a warning. Lenore doesn't like seeing this fantastical place fall apart, but Poe lets her know that it's only a matter of time before it comes to an end - and that its demise will mean the destruction of everything within it, including Lenore.
- Driven to discover the source of the disease and save her potential paradise, Lenore now must embark on a quest to conquer the chaos while holding on to the hope that she herself might one day rule Nevermore.
- Throughout the Alpha and Beta stage The Chainsaw Incident will focus on 1 vs 1 game play.
- In tune with the theme of the game, the combat system within Game has 5 buttons - Light, Medium, Heavy, Gas, and Clutch.
- The Gas allows players to chain combos, but is of limited use.
- The Clutch can be used for balancing chain combos and enhancing or canceling special attacks.
- Each character will have a basic super attack and the ability to and if we reach our milestones, there will be up to 3 movesets to select from.
- Every character will have a distinct, fully animated final super move that can be activated at the end of the final round.
- Stages, known as "Incidents" within the game, will feature expandable environments via broken walls and barriers. There are even several stage-specific finishers for players to discover as they play.
- Based on community voting, we will incorporate a Tag Mode and\or a Team Mode to add variety to the experience.
- The Chainsaw Incident is targeting a "T" for Teen Rating by the ESRB. However, we will open up backer voting to determine additional levels of violence and finishing attacks.
- Move select the
We understand that fighting game fans enjoy a variety of play styles. By adding multiple move sets for each character, players can vary the gameplay balance to focus on defense, offense, or pure punishment unlike most versus games, (not every move can be changed but just select moves)
As this project grows and reaches milestones we will be unlocking new move sets, enabling you to customize your character into your own unique clone style. Choosing from anti-air attacks all the way to bounds, a great way to keep your opponents guessing.
Character Colors, Stage Customization Items, Profile Pictures, Music Tracks, Banners and much more are all unlocked via the special cards found within The Chainsaw Incident's digital card-packs.
These card packs are earned by completing the game on various difficulty settings or purchased online. Also, those looking to put their money where their mouth is can use duplicate cards to place as bets within online matches, but be warned when you wager that the WINNER TAKES ALL!
We have prepared some amazing rewards for backers as well as even more amazing features to unlock during this campaign. Our minimum goal, to get the beta version to launch and to give you first access.
If we can surpass this you will still get in on the beta, but you also know a final product is funded and coming your way. This is completely up to you, the supporter.
Special Note: All backers will have an opportunity to talk with us through Facebook.
UPDATE BASED OFF OF YOUR FEEDBACK! (All backers will get their name in the credits!)
Use of funds: We want to be forward about costs so to break it down here is where the funding goes. A reminder that every order we take, that 30% goes to both Steam and Sony for this kickstarter.
Our team is growing, and with your help we will be bringing even more great team members into the team.
- Soundtrack Sneak Peak:
Demo 1 by Charlie Parra Del Riego
Demo 2 by Nathan Navarro
Risks and challenges
This is a full on game production, we will be working nonstop globally to bring The Chainsaw Incident to your favorite Game platforms. Market time and release date may very based off of balancing and production hurdles that may come up during development. The project also may be delayed or moved up in release to avoid competition in the marketplace.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)